China Wok in Bryan

2,533 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bushytailed
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently had a rodent problem.
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/04/12/concerned-customer-shares-video-rat-inside-bryan-restaurant/

I'm wondering if the concerned customer who filmed this got their order or no?
Vinewood_03
I want my Chinese food joint to have rodents. Matter of fact I measure their authenticity based on how many inspections they've failed. The more fails, the better the food.
TyHolden
AG
I took a date there for valentine's day back in the day....it was special.
Rexter
I thought they were supposed to kill the rat before putting it in the pot…that sucker crawled right out!
Koko Chingo
AG
Only 1 rat - That might as well be AAA 5 diamond. Messina Hof had three rats fall out of the celling onto someone's table.

It reminds me of living and traveling while active duty. Ignorance is bliss; sometimes it is best not to look around or try to get a look in the kitchen. Keep your head down until you get out of the building. Its for your own good.

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2700918

AgAcGuy12
AG
I was just thinking about this the other day when I drove past there on the way to a job. My sister in law was part of that group and she doesn't like talking about it at all. I believe she was the one that coordinated that meal and felt personal ownership for the incident and then was left with a piss poor response from the venue. IIRC they still paid for the meals. Last time I went there was before the incident and my wife and I left so disappointed we vowed to never go back and have succeeded to date.
Average Joe
AG
Someone's Tuesday special was getting away.
woodiewood1
Vinewood_03 said:

I want my Chinese food joint to have rodents. Matter of fact I measure their authenticity based on how many inspections they've failed. The more fails, the better the food.
I don't mind that, but I sort of pizzes me off when they ad a surcharge to my bill for the extra meat.

FlyRod
Quote:

I want my Chinese food joint to have rodents.

Careful what you wish for. Enjoy that Hunan "chicken."
trouble
AG
I've never seen anyone actually getting food there. I always assumed it was a front for something else, like Eggroll House was.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
trouble said:

I've never seen anyone actually getting food there. I always assumed it was a front for something else, like Eggroll House was.

I got some a few years ago and it was terrible. And I love hole in the wall type places so it had nothing to do with the appearance of the place.
trouble
AG
I also love hole in the wall places but for some reason, that one has never called to me.
Hornbeck
AG
trouble said:

Obligatory Popeye's on Barron post
Hornbeck
AG
AgAcGuy12 said:

I was just thinking about this the other day when I drove past there on the way to a job. My sister in law was part of that group and she doesn't like talking about it at all. I believe she was the one that coordinated that meal and felt personal ownership for the incident and then was left with a piss poor response from the venue. IIRC they still paid for the meals. Last time I went there was before the incident and my wife and I left so disappointed we vowed to never go back and have succeeded to date.

Why does this not surprise me in the least?
AgTrip
Year of the Rat comes early?

bobinator
AG
I just assumed this place being a front is an open secret.

If you go in there and order food they probably panic and send a runner somewhere else.
bushytailed
AG
Koko Chingo said:

Only 1 rat - That might as well be AAA 5 diamond. Messina Hof had three rats fall out of the celling onto someone's table.

It reminds me of living and traveling while active duty. Ignorance is bliss; sometimes it is best not to look around or try to get a look in the kitchen. Keep your head down until you get out of the building. Its for your own good.

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2700918

That thread is the reason my department didn't have our Christmas dinner there the following night. I sent the link to my coworker who was coordinating it and told her I wasn't going after all. They cancelled it half an hour later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.