Messina Hof warning

8,550 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Moderator
M2Spider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife's department at TAMU had its holiday dinner upstairs at Messina Hof tonight. 3 rats fell out of the ceiling on to one of the tables that people were seated at and one actually landed on one of the people.

I would think twice about eating there. I never will again.
CactusThomas
Rexter
They ought not to be lettin those rats drink then, if the rats can't hang on.
Sublette County
AG
My wife and I were eating at Teotihuacan in Houston when a possum fell through a ceiling tile. It hit its head on a spinning ceiling fan blade on the way down and landed on the table next to us before scurrying into a nearby booth. Panic amongst the patrons ensued. The waitstaff attempted to corral the wounded critter, but it escaped into the back of the restaurant and wasn't found as far as I know.

We got a $50 gift certificate for our trouble. I still eat there, good food and great Micheladas.
justalocal
Oh please, oh please let someone have a video recording of this. I need to see it.
InMyOpinion
Sounds like they need a few cats running around the vineyard.
Tailgate88
AG
OP has never seen Ratatouille. Nothing to worry about, those were sous chefs.
Kendall Rogers
AG
I see a new product opportunity there.

Rat Jerky

15 Rats
1.Take all rats and with a smoking gun, smoker or cold smoker, smoke the rats with hickory until they have a smokey flavor.
2. Season the rats with salt and pepper. Line the rats on a grate with a sheet tray underneath.
3. Set the oven to 280 degrees, place the rats in the oven and cook for three hours, or until rats are crispy on the outside.
4. Let the rats cool, and then pull the meat off of the bodies into bite size pieces.
5. Serve meat at room temperature.
duffelpud
AG
Are you sure they weren't mice (you know how people exaggerate) and fell because they were blind?
Mr. Griswold
Pics or it didn't happen.
FlyRod
I assumed from the subject line that this thread was about the quality of the wine...
PFlat
AG
for afters: Rat cake, rat sorbet, rat pudding, or strawberry tart.

Strawberry tart???

...............................................Well, it's got *some* rat in it.
Builder93
AG
I would imagine it's a challenge to keep wildlife out of that facility. It is a vineyard in the country. I'm guessing the red-tailed hawks have that place on their radar.
Sprite09
AG
I know a girl who interned out there at one time and to say the least, she mentioned how the conditions could be less than sanitary at times. As a food/drink production facility, they need to up their game in keeping the place tidy.
techno-ag
AG
Great story! Amazing the number of awards MH has won. Love that dessert wine on Bluebell vanilla ice cream.

Send this guy out to take care of 'em.

halibut sinclair
FlyRod
ro828
I also say pics or it didn't happen. A large gathering like that with rats raining down on them would case mass panic, probably, resulting in a 911 call. Then 2/3 of the people would post about it on TexAgs and/or Facebook as soon as they got home.
The Original AG 76
AG
Amazing that the trigger happy censors on this thing have allowed this completely un-found story with NO proof to stay up.

I call BS on the story. Been out to MH MANY MANY times and always had a great time. Great wine and a fine eatery. The staff is top notch and the food is wonderful.

CrazyAgE
quote:
Amazing that the trigger happy censors on this thing have allowed this completely un-found story with NO proof to stay up.

I call BS on the story. Been out to MH MANY MANY times and always had a great time. Great wine and a fine eatery. The staff is top notch and the food (FRIED RAT) is wonderful.

FIFY
PS3D
Just how much were you drinking?
MBAR
AG
quote:
I also say pics or it didn't happen. A large gathering like that with rats raining down on them would case mass panic, probably, resulting in a 911 call. Then 2/3 of the people would post about it on TexAgs and/or Facebook as soon as they got home.

I'm not OP but....

Thats the hole in the roof where the rat fell onto MY table and onto MY lap. Well, at least one of them. I'm glad it didn't run onto my wife and instead went into onto the lap of the fellow next to me. This is in the upstairs room above their restaurant.

Pretty damn gross. We all stuck around, which I severely question this morning but I have no idea why we all didn't just pick up and leave last night. I'm just a grad student in our department, so I obviously don't make decisions about these things, but I can't imagine we'll be back there next year.

The posts are all over Facebook. I just doubt that you know many of us. I was very surprised to see it on TexAgs though. Would not be shocked to see it over social media through the next few days, though, as some people in my department are very upset about the way it was handled.

In any event, I would not recommend anyone go there.
AG
None of this would have happened at a CHRISTMAS party.
FlyRod
No...you'd just have reindeer fall through the roof onto people's tables.
befitter
Wow. 21 years living in B/CS and I've never entered MH and it appears that has been a good call on my part.
newsjunkie
Maybe it had something to do with this:

http://cellarratwinetours.com/about/
MessinaHofWine
Messina Hof sincerely apologizes for the incident that occurred. Please be assured we have taken immediate action to address the situation. We value our customers and our highest priority is customer satisfaction. We are committed to making sure Messina Hof is a welcoming environment and we assure our guests that our food preparation areas are sanitary. Messina Hof has been proud to serve the Bryan/College Station area for 37 years and we appreciate the understanding of our loyal customers and future guests to remedy this isolated situation.

O.G.
It's nothing a little Eco Zapp pest control couldn't knock out.

Rats need food, water and shelter, just like any other animal. Remove at least 2 of those, and your rat
problem goes away.

Also, Kill them. When asked if you want bait stations around the perimeter of your buildings, the answer is, "Yes". There is no way to prevent them from returning if you don't kill them.
ksp
It's just a little vermin.....
AgResearch
AG
quote:
Wow. 21 years living in B/CS and I've never entered MH and it appears that has been a good call on my part.
Your loss.
theycallmemrtibbs
quote:
We value our customers and our highest priority is customer satisfaction. We are committed to making sure Messina Hof is a welcoming environment and we assure our guests
I've ventured into your establishment three times in the last ten years and not one of those times did I feel welcome or like a priority. Even wrote a letter to the owner, which went unanswered. After this, I'm glad I decided to never patron your business again after the last time I was embarrassed and made to feel sub-human by your staff. Your goal is to make money, nothing wrong with that, just own it. You don't value customers in the least.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
quote:
We value our customers and our highest priority is customer satisfaction. We are committed to making sure Messina Hof is a welcoming environment and we assure our guests
I've ventured into your establishment three times in the last ten years and not one of those times did I feel welcome or like a priority. Even wrote a letter to the owner, which went unanswered. After this, I'm glad I decided to never patron your business again after the last time I was embarrassed and made to feel sub-human by your staff. Your goal is to make money, nothing wrong with that, just own it. You don't value customers in the least.
100% opposite.
EVERY time we have been we have been treated like family. We have made friends with many of the staff and the owner. Be it the gist shop or the wine bar or the restaurant the service is excellent.
We have had several occasions to take out of town friends to MH and the y'all have enjoyed it and were treated royally.
EVERY time we have been there we see how EACH guest is greeted and made to feel welcome as soon as they walk in the door.
MessinaHofWine
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for your experience and we invite you to return so that we can show you the level of hospitality that we strive to deliver.
Staff
Ok. We think the unfortunately incident has been addressed as well as it can be. E-mail the moderator's inbox if you wish to discuss the matter further.

Gig 'em!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.