Ideal Streaming Options?

1,635 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Hornbeck
2007fightintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any good feedback for replacing DirecTV? We're going to try to go a streaming route on a new home before immediately jumping back into DirecTV. We currently also have HBO Max, Netflix, and Amazon Prime but honestly use DTV the most out of all of them.

Primary need for cable is to watch sports so not sure which is the best/ideal option. Catching Aggie sports is a big need as well.

I've heard a lot of good things about YouTube TV but just curious on some local and personal experiences on what's been ideal for y'all?
RNAggie
AG
we dropped and switched to Hulu with Live TV. Still $65 but its the only way we got all the ESPNs. We did a comparison with YouTubeTV and didnt get all the other channels that we would normally watch.

Thing we did like about YTTV was that it had a "catch up" feature for sports where it would let you jump through and see the highlights to get you back to live TV.
Txmoe
AG
I'm far from an expert on this stuff but I'm pretty sure you can stream Direct TV.

As for the others, I have Fubo and like it pretty well. I've been able to get all Aggie sports (includes access to ESPN+). I've seen others on here that like it because it is the only streaming service that gets the Astros. They also just picked up Bally Sports. Only downside I've noticed so far is no TBS or TNT which is only a problem during March Madness. Other drawback is that it doesn't have local (KBTX) CBS affiliate but they have an app that allows you to watch newscasts live or on demand.

I tried YTTV for a week and liked it, too. I actually thought the picture on YT looked better but stayed with Fubo because I'm used to it.

Bunk Moreland
YTTV. love it. I think i'd be fine with hulu TV as well but i'm used to this. They are raising prices like $7 or $9 a month.
Charpie
AG
There is a good thread on the Nerdery about this very thing

https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/3367764/1
Hornbeck
DirecTV stream is pretty good…
bobinator
AG
I think YouTubeTV and Fubo are both really good, if you want to watch the Astros then Fubo is better. If you watch a lot of NBA basketball and not the Astros then you want YouTubeTV.

YouTubeTV just launched their multiview feature (being able to watch multiple games at once on the same screen.) It has some pros and cons to Fubo's version. (Pro: it works on all types of streaming devices, not just AppleTV; Con: you have to choose one of their pre-selected options, you don't get to pick what's on each screen like you do on Fubo)
AggieBarstool
We have l, and love, Philo. Gives you access
On OnPatrol: Live, too!
halibut sinclair
AggieBarstool said:

Wot
AggiePhil
AG
None are ideal.
Hornbeck
AggieBarstool said:

DirecTV stream does too. One of our main reasons for choosing it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.