Leaving an RV in Aggieland during football season

2,337 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agywife
Todd 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apologies if this has been discussed or isn't appropriate for this Board. Wasn't sure where else to go.

My wife and I have lost our damn minds and bought 2023 season tickets to Aggie Football for us and our three young kids. We live near Lubbock (did I mention we've lost our minds?!?!?!).

I'm considering relocating our fifth wheel camper to a local RV park and leaving it for the entirety of the football season. I'm thinking we could pay monthly site rental fees and save a whole lot on towing it back and forth.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a local park that would allow this? Any other creative solutions?

I thought about just getting a local covered storage rental, but we'll likely be arriving late on Fridays most weekends and think it would be better to just arrive to a camp that's already set up.

TIA
saturn135
Rolling By The Dozen RV park in Snook, TX
EvenPar
AG
Karstens RV Resort on Elmo Weedon Rd.
EliteElectric
Karstens RV park
MS08
AG
RV Haven Park - (979) 777-3663
SwiftBreezy
- I hear there is some land around Riverside Campus, sounds like a decent price for the year to set up at.
JB
AG
We stayed at Hidden Creek RV on 21 for about 5 months in between houses. Good people. They definitely do the football season camper package.
Brennan22
A buddy is full time at RV haven, seems to be a nice park
Abbyag06
Where ever you choose to park it please put a gps tracker in it in case it gets stolen. There are so many stolen RVs any more! We have a Trak 4 I bought on Amazon 3 years ago. Charge it once a year, doesn't require power and works great. Just hide it inside. Its worth the peace of mind! We store ours in our driveway and I have a tracker in it! Enjoy the games!
Todd 02
AG
Thank y'all for the recommendations thus far and for the GPS tracker suggestion. Fantastic idea!
75AG
AG
We use Apple Air Tags. They work well.
Abbyag06
I've heard that the tags can be deactivated by other iPhone users. I don't have one so not sure how it works.
75AG
AG
From Apple: only the iPhone the Air Tag is linked to, can be notified. However, a thief can take out the battery and disable the tag. Of course, that's only if they can find it.
Diddler_44
AG
There's a place called Hardy's Landing on OSR close to 47.
proudaggiemom4
my son-in-law has parked his RV at the 12th Park RV Resort, 6245 Raymond Stotzer Pkwy, for the past 4 years for the football season. Very easy to get to after the games.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
If you do not find an RV park and just decide to store it, let me know. I live in grimes county, and we can find you a patch of land to park it. My email is in my profile.
agywife
Just lived at a couple of rv parks for months between houses. Steer clear of RV Haven - an absolute mud hole when it rains. Nice people but a mess. After a month at Haven we moved and stayed 3 months at Timber Ridge - amazing park & managers, on 2818 just inside Bryan, so easy commute to campus. They have lots of students living there as well as many who leave their rv during football. Call now! They stay booked in the fall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.