Fractional Plane Ownership / Rental

12,333 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by 4xAgs
TSJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JBMJBM said:

src94 said:

I'm more inline with the $200-$250k price range, as well. Lots to consider. Have you owned a plane before?
Here is one in Conroe, TBO is past but they just did an annual and it didn't need one. Trying to see if there is wiggle room in the price.
https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/218877591
I have been listening to Mike Busch's approach to maintenance and engines. Having the engine at TBO may be a better opportunity to get a deal.

I think am going to be out of this opportunity, I would be looking for a plane sub-200k.

When you get a chance watch this webinar on going beyond TBO.

JBMJBM
AG
4xAgs said:

Several nice DA40's with less time SOH

https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/221713727/2004-diamond-da40-piston-single-aircraft

https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/219958149/2004-diamond-da40-piston-single-aircraft

https://www.controller.com/listings/search?Category=6&ModelGroup=DA40&Manufacturer=DIAMOND
All good options as well.
JBMJBM
AG
Let's put together a lunch at Gate 12 on 03/24, 12 pm and gauge everyone's interest etc. Who can make that work?
4xAgs
AG
I'll be there
AG1996
You can avoid sales tax if you buy from an individual that doesn't sell planes for a living. Called occasional sale. Done all the time. If you buy from someone like van bortel, yes you are paying sales tax.
AG1996
One other thing, not aware of any private ga hangars at Easterwood, plus fuel is a total ripoff. Coulter has a waiting list for hangars last I checked. Best bet is Navasota. I keep mine there and love it.
JBMJBM
AG
AG1996 said:

One other thing, not aware of any private ga hangars at Easterwood, plus fuel is a total ripoff. Coulter has a waiting list for hangars last I checked. Best bet is Navasota. I keep mine there and love it.

Totally agree but Navasota right now has a wait list for hanger space as well.
src94
AG
I should be able to make a 3/24 lunch at G12.
src94
EBrazosAg
AG
I've been told there is hanger space available at LHB.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JBMJBM
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I've been told there is hanger space available at LHB.

Yea I would want closer than further away from College Station
AG1996
Only other option is to build your own hangar at Navasota (60R) or coulter. they both have space. got to be careful here. Navasota has a fair arrangement, not sure about coulter. not uncommon to build a hangar and after a say 20-25 years the airport owns it outright. Only issue at Navasota is you have to lease the land. its a long term lease, but you still do not own the land.
JBMJBM
AG
I asked if they were going to build more anytime soon and the problem is there is no cement or asphalt left, so that would be additional as well.
JBMJBM
AG
Reminder of our noon meeting for anyone interested … Friday at Gate 12
4xAgs
AG
Bumping this again as we are actively looking for a fourth partner. We have three individuals that have agreed to purchase a 2005-2008 Cirrus SR20 G2 (possibly G3) with initial purchase budget of probably $75-100K per partner. We have hangar access at both Easterwood and/or Coulter Field - yet to be determined for sure where we will locate the plane.

We are actively looking at planes so hoping to move fairly soon.

Reach out if interested.

rpatton1990 at gmail
MS08
AG
Interesting thread. Been following. Not a player right now but possible in 2 years or so.
4xAgs
AG
Bump
JBMJBM
AG
**UPDATE**
Ok Ags, just an update on this post, we have 3 folks that are serious about buying a used Cirrus SR22, we will probably hanger it out of Easterwood or Coulter. We do want at least 1-2 additional partners. Please text me with additional questions and serious inquiries only please. 9793245500
AggiePhil
AG
I'm waiting for the fractional submarine ownership thread.
4xAgs
AG
Bump. Still looking for potential partners.

Not locked in on SR22 so reach out if you're open to discussing options.
JBMJBM
AG

Spread the word please.
AG1996
Not sure of you guys status, but I'm selling my 2011 182T. Buying a Bonanza. This would be a great plane for a group. It's in navasota. G1000 with integrated autopilot. Awesome IFR airplane. Near 1100 lb useful load. It's immaculate with no damage history and always hangared.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/264065583995947/permalink/1830517410684082/?sale_post_id=1830517410684082
4xAgs
AG
4xAgs said:

Bumping this again as we are actively looking for a fourth partner. We have three individuals that have agreed to purchase a 2005-2008 Cirrus SR20 G2 (possibly G3) with initial purchase budget of probably $75-100K per partner. We have hangar access at both Easterwood and/or Coulter Field - yet to be determined for sure where we will locate the plane.

We are actively looking at planes so hoping to move fairly soon.

Reach out if interested.

rpatton1990 at gmail
Bump

We have found a very nice Cirrus SR20 G3 that we would like to move on but need a fourth partner to stay within our allotted budget. Total purchase price would be about $82,000 per partner with exceptionally low monthly/annual operating costs.

Please reach out if interested.
savo5432
I may be interested in going in on something like this, that being said, I am not a pilot. I would need to pay for someone to pilot. Mainly day trips around Texas for business. If that's an option, let me know and we can talk further.
4xAgs
AG
savo5432 said:

I may be interested in going in on something like this, that being said, I am not a pilot. I would need to pay for someone to pilot. Mainly day trips around Texas for business. If that's an option, let me know and we can talk further.

Neither one of us have time to fly you around. If you have your own pilot we can talk.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.