Fractional Plane Ownership / Rental

12,349 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by 4xAgs
JBMJBM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have available or are interested in a fractional plane ownership or a rental program with a group or a couple of people here in the Bryan College Station area, out of Easterwood?

Let me know.
crbongos
AG
I'll give you a call. What type of plane do you have in mind????
CRBongo
4xAgs
AG
Very interested depending on type of plane you have in mind. Will give you a call.
TSJ
AG
Also potentially interested.
sirhc
AG
i think me asking this probably excludes me, but is there a way to know what a ballpark annual cost would be?
4xAgs
AG
sirhc said:

i think me asking this probably excludes me, but is there a way to know what a ballpark annual cost would be?

The key to a successful "fractional ownership" model is having partners that are all like minded on needs/wants/budget.

I have replied to OP and would like to see a conversation between all those interested. Might turn out some want one thing while there are others that have different objectives.

I personally am looking for a group to make a moderate investment in a plane (prob less than $150-200k) with reasonable shared operating costs (hangar, maintenance and insurance).

Please feel free to reach out to me via PM or email at rpatton1990 at gmail. OP - let's get some dialogue going. Thanks
Rexter
If ya want to base in Caldwell, you could buy this house and walk to the airport in less than 60 seconds.

4xAgs
AG
Might want to watch your altimeter on your downwind - looked pretty low when you took that pic. LOL
Rexter
4xAgs said:

Might want to watch your altimeter on your downwind - looked pretty low when you took that pic. LOL

Lol… that was with a drone.
JBMJBM
AG
Well, that greatly depends on a number of factors, and most importantly the plane. Planes are like boats, they are money pits but if you do it in a group setting, and at least split some of those cost, to me it makes a lot more sense. Planes in the last year or two have gone up like used car prices, costing absorbingly amount more than they have in the past. So the number one factor is the plane, which plane everyone can agree on that fits everyones needs and wants. You can spend a couple hundred thousand or 500,000… if you split it four ways it's not that bad. Cirrus SR22, Diamond DA40, or a Cessna 182 is what I would prefer.

Roxie146
You'd be better off going to Coulter Field. (KCFD) It is much more general aviation friendly.

No I am not saying that Easterwood is not friendly - they are - but their focus is not general aviation for the piston type plane - ie non jet types. And hangers are hard to come by.

And they are more expensive for everything.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
Mrs Autrey is not done living in her house yet.
Rexter
Aggie@state.gov said:

Mrs Autrey is not done living in her house yet.

Do you know her? It goes on MLS tomorrow.
src94
AG
I might have some interest in this. I've done some looking around, but kinda put it on hold for a while as other things got sorted out.
src94
JBMJBM
AG
Ok so let's put some numbers out there...

So if we found a Cirrus or Diamond plane, either used or new for around $600k, put 10% down = $60k, financed $540k.

20 year at 6% = $3869 per month.

With 2 partners it's $1935 a month not including hanger, gas, insurance etc.
With 3 partners it's $1290 a month.
With 4 partners it's $967 a month.

Don't know if I would do more than 4 and 3 partners seems ideal. Getting that kind of plane for that kind of money per month would be awesome. I am spending more than that now renting.

I know there are lots of variables here, like more down upfront, maybe a balloon at the end instead.

Let me know your thoughts and who would be interested at some of those numbers.
JBMJBM
AG
Let me know what you think about the numbers posted if you are interested?
JBMJBM
AG
crbongos said:

I'll give you a call. What type of plane do you have in mind????
See the posts on costs…what do you think?
JBMJBM
AG
src94 said:

I might have some interest in this. I've done some looking around, but kinda put it on hold for a while as other things got sorted out.
See the posts above on costs, what do you think?
JBMJBM
AG
4xAgs said:

Very interested depending on type of plane you have in mind. Will give you a call.
Let me know wha you think on the costs post above.
4xAgs
AG
JBMJBM said:

4xAgs said:

Let me know wha you think on the costs post above.

I have text you previously. I am a recreational flyer and this is more than I can spend on a hobby. I was looking for something more in line with a $200-250k plane with four partners. Using your scenario above that puts monthly note at about $400-425. Another $200/month for insurance and hangar then you still have annual maintenance and fuel.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Plane guy not in the area just watching the thread for fun.

I think you could probably get into a real decent used DA40 for a good bit under that.
JBMJBM
AG
This looks interesting ... https://www.diamondshare.com/about
JBMJBM
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Plane guy not in the area just watching the thread for fun.

I think you could probably get into a real decent used DA40 for a good bit under that.

For sure but used planes are expensive like used cars were, so it's hard to find them as well.
src94
AG
I'm more inline with the $200-$250k price range, as well. Lots to consider. Have you owned a plane before?
src94
JBMJBM
AG
src94 said:

I'm more inline with the $200-$250k price range, as well. Lots to consider. Have you owned a plane before?
Here is one in Conroe, TBO is past but they just did an annual and it didn't need one. Trying to see if there is wiggle room in the price.
https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/218877591
src94
AG
Keep in mind, if buying in Texas, you will need to add tax to that. And an overhaul is $30k-$40k on top of that. What's the useful load of this one? I only saw that it was increased and range extended.
src94
JBMJBM
AG
src94 said:

Keep in mind, if buying in Texas, you will need to add tax to that. And an overhaul is $30k-$40k on top of that. What's the useful load of this one? I only saw that it was increased and range extended.
900lbs or so for useful load. Gotta love sales tax. If I could get him to $300k that might not be a bad deal you think?
src94
AG
I wouldn't limit my search to TX. Still have a minimum $30k OH. The biggest question is, what's your mission? Is 600#s of bodies and luggage enough (assuming full fuel)?
src94
JBMJBM
AG
src94 said:

I wouldn't limit my search to TX. Still have a minimum $30k OH. The biggest question is, what's your mission? Is 600#s of bodies and luggage enough (assuming full fuel)?
That's enough for me.
src94
AG
It probably is a good deal, but it's more that I can justify right now. 150kts @ 9gph is pretty damn good. Nice avionics, nice furniture, clean and fairly new in aviation years. It would probably work for me as well as far as mission goes. Insurance is something else to look at before diving in, as well.
src94
src94
AG
I'd love to sit down with you and get a better understanding of what your goal is and, if nothing else, just talk aviation. I've tried to put together a fractional ownership in the past and we always got caught up on something or another. Sometimes, it's just getting the right people/parts together.
src94
4xAgs
AG
src94 said:

I'd love to sit down with you and get a better understanding of what your goal is and, if nothing else, just talk aviation. I've tried to put together a fractional ownership in the past and we always got caught up on something or another. Sometimes, it's just getting the right people/parts together.

Nice bird - still might be a little steep for me but agree that if we had a like minded group we could expand our search a bit. I would be up for a sit down - also if nothing else just to meet you guys.
JBMJBM
AG
4xAgs said:

src94 said:

Nice bird - still might be a little steep for me but agree that if we had a like minded group we could expand our search a bit. I would be up for a sit down - also if nothing else just to meet you guys.

Gonna try to get him closer to 275-300, he is trying to get rid of it because he already bought another Diamond.
4xAgs
AG
Several nice DA40's with less time SOH

https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/221713727/2004-diamond-da40-piston-single-aircraft

https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/219958149/2004-diamond-da40-piston-single-aircraft

https://www.controller.com/listings/search?Category=6&ModelGroup=DA40&Manufacturer=DIAMOND
Hornbeck
[Any poster that trolls this thread will get a 30 day ban. There is the warning. -Staff]
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.