Best cedar mulch in area?

1,419 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by toolshed
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious if anyone has found a source for good cedar mulch. We typically use bags from the big box stores but they were awful last year. The color faded almost immediately and we had a ton of weeds growing in it.
Hornbeck
Interested as I had the same experience
MS08
AG
Try SiteOne off of Highway 30. My landscaping contractor scoffs at the quality of mulch from big box stores! Lol
davido
AG
Maybe help yourself and local Scouts.

https://troop1102.com/

BSA Troops 1102/102 are the oldest and newest troops in the Brazos Valley. We are seeking your support to acquire funding for high adventure opportunities for our scouts. Members of our troops will be attending the National Jamboree in July 2023. Please help us meet our financial goal by purchasing mulch through this fundraiser.

Scouts will deliver the mulch to your house between March 17-19, 2023.
Jana-Ag
AG
Thanks for posting! I just ordered 40 bags.
Txmoe
AG
Was definitely going to check at Site One on HW30 or possibly the one just north of Rock Prairie (used to be All American Turf).

I would love to support the Scouts and I've heard that delivery is free which helps to offset the difference in price. Based on the picture from the Boy Scouts website the cedar mulch looks good. The only problem is that I'll probably need it before the middle of March.
toolshed
AG
Try Aggieland Grass and Stone. They're usually cheaper than Site One (hwy 30 or deacon and Texas) and the quality of their bedmix is better in my opinion. I can't recall if we've used their cedar mulch or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.