Looking for General Practitioner in BCS

4,017 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sleepnumber
dripag17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm currently living in College Station for work - does anybody have a recommendation for a general practitioner doctor in the area? I'm a guy in my late twenties.
dripag17
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
dripag17 said:

I'm currently living in College Station for work - does anybody have a recommendation for a general practitioner doctor in the area? I'm a guy in my late twenties.
Dr. David Damian at St Joes near Blinn.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
maroon barchetta
Chris Imperial
Clint Cheng
Scott Campbell
BluHorseShu
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

dripag17 said:

Damian is my GP. I went to him after Braden retired. I could be wrong but I do t think Damian is taking any new patients
UmustBKidding
Pretty sure anyone over age 30 at chi is not taking new patients. No one at holleman was and they are now moving so no imperial, sorriano or moshier. Pretty sure none at 29st and maybe 1 at south hwy6. Think only ones in cs were on barron across cshs and on 47/barron. Know Goering and howser were available there. Rest were on 158 and west villa but don't have the list with me.
I suggest starting by figuring out who is in network. My last two at chi are gone. Also i have good insurance but labs at chi cost hundreds but are essentially free at cpl, labcorp and quest so watch if your insurance is charged a hospital admit from chi.

Ebrazosag should be along shortly with recommendations but knowing what insurance you have would help make appropriate suggestions.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

dripag17 said:

Dr. Kenneth Hillner is in the same practice, been very happy with him.
UmustBKidding
Another one that not taking new patients
MiMi
S
My 22 yr old son (and my husband) sees Dr. Boone Barrow at Baylor Scott&White.
EBrazosAg
AG
I'm here !
Imperial is going concierge only.
Eric South DO
https://southfamilymedicine.com
Private independent practice - St Joe was telling his patients of mine he was leaving town - he's not.
Mark Florian MD too - more Medicare practice but sees younger.
James Bonds MD but he's doing a concierge thing to I hear.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

dripag17 said:

Damian is my GP. I went to him after Braden retired. I could be wrong but I do t think Damian is taking any new patients
He is still taking new Patients but he only sees one new PT a day and it's going to take a long time to get in.

However, I don't think his wife (Dr. Anna Damian) is taking any new patients.

There's a new Doctor (Dr. Maness) who just moved from Houston - She's at Baylor Scott and White near the Golds Gym off Fitch who is taking new patients.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Wicked Good Ag
MiMi said:

My 22 yr old son (and my husband) sees Dr. Boone Barrow at Baylor Scott&White.

Your son is your husband ??

Also I don't think Boone is taking anymore either but I could be mistaken.
75AG
AG
Dr. David Buras has just moved over behind S&W College Station. Has a new building and probably needs new patients. He's an internist (you might only want a GP, FP, or PA), but he's technically a primary care doc. My 90 YO mom likes him.
meinkee
Dr. Sibyl Taquet. St joe Boonville she is mid forties, very capable and her French accent is a bonus.
farmersfight
AG
Soriano and his wife (pediatrician) are moving away. Several other doctors within the St. Jo system are bailing, something is going on internally. Gonna be hard to find a new doc with a few leaving.
Hornbeck
I use Dr. Florian, he's great.
michellecan
What's going on with all these doctors? My dil can't even find a pediatrician.
UmustBKidding
The best pediatrician is on here, Kiddoc. Actually according to St joe website the only doctors in their group accepting new patients are pediatrics and internal medicine. Also lots like dr in the university pediatrics group which is now chi
Tailgate88
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I'm here !
Eric South DO
Private independent practice - St Joe was telling his patients of mine he was leaving town - he's not.

Can confirm Bonds is concierge only as of 1/1/23. We are looking for a new PCP Internist as well, suggestions appreciated.
BMo
Tailgate88 said:

EBrazosAg said:

I'm here !
Eric South DO

Can confirm Bonds is concierge only as of 1/1/23. We are looking for a new PCP Internist as well, suggestions appreciated.
Bonds is my dr. Is this change going to be for new patients? I'm scheduled to see him next month for my annual wellness and haven't been notified of any changes.
BMo
michellecan said:

I was told many are leaving due to what the system has become. This was from another Dr.
Tailgate88
AG
We just received notification in the mail yesterday. Check your mailbox. I suspect you have an envelope from him today or tomorrow.
75AG
AG
This discussion shows just how broken a good portion of our healthcare system is.
Stupe
S
michellecan said:

Call UPA.

https://www.texaschildrenspediatrics.org/
Tailgate88
AG
BMo said:

michellecan said:

I was told many are leaving due to what the system has become. This was from another Dr.
Correct. Doctor reimbursements have not gone up in 20 years, but expenses, cost of living has. Doctors are frustrated they are not able to provide better care to their patients, and frankly when you work for a big system the system is more worried about profitability.

Going concierge allows them to provide better, more personal care - like doctors used to be able to do.

Unfortunately, a lot of patients are not going to be able to, or choose not to, pay the concierge membership fee for whatever reason, and may end up with a lower quality PCP. In our case, we are pretty healthy and don't have any serious ongoing medical conditions, so we are weighing whether the additional monthly cost of staying members is a good financial decision.

But I don't blame the Docs.
EBrazosAg
AG
What's going on …… that would require a Substack article, not the TexAgs board. Others have covered some but not all the issues. It's been hard to be in healthcare for a while. Experienced doctors and nurses are availing themselves of opportunities. Their void will need a backfill. That's what we have to be concerned about.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BMo
75AG said:

This discussion shows just how broken a good portion of our healthcare system is.
Most of it is broken. Medicine has become about profit so I understand why good doctors would go with the concierge model. We have been cash pay for a number of years prior to medicare and it's amazing how much difference cost is between insurance and cash.
KidDoc
AG
michellecan said:

She can look me up, Neal Spears. Still taking new patients but only two a day because of Soriano leaving we don't want to overload our panels.

My pay has gone up significantly in the last 10 years or so. I am making much more than I ever thought I would. Luckily CHI is changing a lot of the unpopular changes in the near future due to the loss of so many FP docs lately.

CHI has authorized St Jo to hire two more ped docs and an NP so we should be able to open up new patient slots in the near future.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Any chance y'all would be open to a preceptorship starting in January? My wife is in the final year of her NP program and is really looking for more pediatric experience instead of going to Hearne for general population healthcare.
Independence H-D
https://www.docishere.com/
KidDoc
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Any chance y'all would be open to a preceptorship starting in January? My wife is in the final year of her NP program and is really looking for more pediatric experience instead of going to Hearne for general population healthcare.

I have a heavy med student load so cannot accept NP students sorry. It is so crazy how NP schools make students find clinical instructors who will teach for free.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
KidDoc said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

I have a heavy med student load so cannot accept NP students sorry. It is so crazy how NP schools make students find clinical instructors who will teach for free.

Absolutely agree my friend. So far my wife's experience with her clinical instructors have not been fruitful in terms of teaching, guidance or anything. They just use the NP students as cannon fodder, which sucks cause all she wants to do is learn.

Best of luck!
EBrazosAg
AG
The increase in spots in medical schools, physician assistant schools, nurse midwife schools, and nurse practitioner schools far exceeds the available clinical training locations these schools need for their trainees. Most of them force students either occasionally or regularly to seek their own providers willing to allow clinical training, and 95% of the time (in my experience) with no compensation nor orientation to expectations from the school to the provider. It's a silent crisis in healthcare education. Asking a provider who isn't paid any more for their time now than they were a decade ago to give training for free is a difficult ask.
AggieKatie2
AG
I am not a fan of Damian as he authorized a dosage of med that almost put me in terrible shape.

I now see James Allen, PA-C and Katheryn Greiner, MD at Scott and White and it's been a world of difference.
Sleepnumber
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

I am not a fan of Damian as he authorized a dosage of med that almost put me in terrible shape.

I now see James Allen, PA-C and Katheryn Greiner, MD at Scott and White and it's been a world of difference.
Was the med Celebrex? My doc put me on it and I immediately had cardio issues. God bless docs; but so many of them are so harried they pay little or no attention to your history; or what other meds you are taking. In spite of you having to fill out a ton of forms.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.