Dog Boarding

1,382 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by NBAggie05
ncttc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for recommendations for dog boarding. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Bunk Moreland
I have had good success at America's Country Store and Waggie Pet Zone.
75AG
AG
Aggieland Animal Health Center and Pet Resort. Drop off Piper alive / pick up Piper alive. Seems to be a good place.
Hornbeck
College Hills Vet.

They are great with our doggos.
ChampsAg
Bluebonnet Pet Ranch
BiochemAg97
AG
Steep Hollow Pet Lodge
scd88
AG
75AG said:

Aggieland Animal Health Center and Pet Resort. Drop off Piper alive / pick up Piper alive. Seems to be a good place.

We use these folks, too. I'm not a fan of their pricing, but my dog is always excited to be there. They are good to him so I'm OK with the costs.
jello123
Great results with Rover.com
Broncos
We've only used Waggie Pet Zone and Steep Hollow Pet Lodge.

Waggie is our go-to and I'd recommend them. Extremely attentive staff, very informative, go-over stay details at drop off and pick-up, and provide a tour of where your pet will be staying. Our dogs are always happy and healthy when we pick them up. Staff will even provide updates while you're gone if you request.

As for Steep Hollow, we had the complete opposite experience. Staff didn't seem to care at drop off, wouldn't answer questions, seemed disinterested. We should have known at drop-off to find somewhere else. At pick-up we received the same type of service. Staff barely said three words and provided us back over half of the dog food we provided without explanation. We had one dog at the time and she was lethargic and it took her a few days to start acting normal again. Our experience was about four years ago so maybe they've changed but they'll never get our business again.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
We use Van Stavern Small Animal Hospital. They are also our vet, so it was an easy decision to use them. They have always taken such good care of our pups. They clearly love what they do and are able to greet our dogs by name when we walk through the door. No complaints with them and highly recommend them to anyone. They require a boarding exam if you aren't one of their current patients, but I appreciate that because it gets the vet acquainted with your animal so they can better tend to his or her needs should a medical situation arise. The vets also go through and check on all the boarded pets daily to make sure all seems to be right. Give us a lot of peace-of-mind.

There was one occasion when Van Stavern was full and we had an emergency that had to be tended to out of town without out dog. We ended up finding a spot at All Pets. We won't be using them. It seemed that wanting to actually board your animal at their boarding facility was some sort of inconvenience. The staff didn't appear to want to be there nor did they seem to be particularly fond of animals. It was just a bazaar experience.
AggieHandymanBlake
AG
Bluebonnet pet ranch. Fantastic place for dogs and very good prices.
MadDog73
AG
Waggie Pet Zone is the best. Our Lab loves it there!
ncttc
We are good to go! Thanks for all the responses,
CEAg78
AG
Broncos said:

As for Steep Hollow, we had the complete opposite experience. Staff didn't seem to care at drop off, wouldn't answer questions, seemed disinterested. We should have known at drop-off to find somewhere else. At pick-up we received the same type of service. Staff barely said three words and provided us back over half of the dog food we provided without explanation. We had one dog at the time and she was lethargic and it took her a few days to start acting normal again. Our experience was about four years ago so maybe they've changed but they'll never get our business again.

We boarded our two dogs with Steep Hollow in June and had a good experience.

Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
NBAggie05
AG
I highly recommend the Rover App.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.