College Station Mayoral and City Council Elections

8,304 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ElephantRider
etmydst
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The majority did want McAdams out. She only received 45% of the vote. The other two candidates split the remaining votes.
BQ_90
AG
any results of how many registered voters voted?

also I think too many people in town skip over the local stuff because they're retired or just not vested or interested in the local politics
CS78
etmydst said:

The majority did want McAdams out. She only received 45% of the vote. The other two candidates split the remaining votes.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell the 3rd candidate is thinking. If they cared at all, theyd drop out. They know they can't win but don't mind leaving a terrible incumbent in power. Seems selfish.

George Costanza
But how does the "3rd candidate" know they are the third candidate in a local race with no polling, etc? What if the third candidate is the best candidate? Should he or she not run because voters are too lazy to research local races?
Another Doug
AG
George Costanza said:

But how does the "3rd candidate" know they are the third candidate in a local race with no polling, etc? What if the third candidate is the best candidate? Should he or she not run because voters are too lazy to research local races?
Exactly. Also, unlikely that "3rd candidate" voters would have split in a way to make a difference.
threecatcorner
The "3rd candidate" should get their name and whatever they're running on out there. Then they won't exactly be the third candidate. I don't know what order candidates filed for office, but there were three candidates running on more than one of the races. On some of them, it wasn't too hard to find info on all 3, but on some races, it was much harder.
befitter
etmydst said:

Yup. If there was a runoff for board elections we would see a different result.
wasntme
etmydst said:

that's not what I said, I said...I thought for sure the majority would want McAdams out AND Mangan in.
ElephantRider
AG
4lilmonkeys said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quote:

Mangan did not unseat the incumbent McAdams for School Board Place 5. McAdams received about 2000 more votes.

Was kinda surprised by this. Not that McAdams won but won so so easily.

I found it kinda odd that Mangan planted herself right in front of the McAdams sign at the polling place yesterday and held her big sign up over McAdams'. I mean I know candidates are present there, but her particular placement was weird to me.
That's the behavior that ultimately made me decide against voting for Mangan. I skipped that race altogether. I didn't know anything about Martinez and McAdams (who I like personally) ticked me off with the COVID crap- just didn't seem like anyone running actually represented us.

Mangan was way too "wannabe politician" for me. Used all of the buzzwords, plus the behavior referenced above
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.