Aggieland
Sponsored By

Amazon drone delivery looking at College Station

4,468 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by EliteElectric
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be sweet to be sitting in the backyard and have a drone deliver some cold beer.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A 4 pack would have worked until I felt well enough to go to the store
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
75AG said:

Take a shot at a plane and find out
Where did I say that a firearm would be used?
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Tailgate88 said:

I'm going to order some dog treats. Fetch it up boy!!






That dog will probably eat the drone.


If the drone resembles a frisbee in any way it won't be returning to base.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stupe said:

75AG said:

Take a shot at a plane and find out
Where did I say that a firearm would be used?
You gonna throw a rock at it?
In a world of Altuves and Correas, be an Altuve.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Slingshot
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
75AG said:

Stupe said:

75AG said:

Take a shot at a plane and find out
Where did I say that a firearm would be used?
You gonna throw a rock at it?
If it's hovering low enough over my yard that it is bothering me, a baseball will suffice.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
trouble said:

Slingshot
We used them to take out barn rats when I was a kid. Maybe I still have that skill.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I used to be pretty good with one as well
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Tailgate88 said:



If the drone resembles a frisbee in any way it won't be returning to base.
Dog gets drone treat


Neighbor terrorizes dog. Dog owner says stop. Neighbor says no. Dog says yep.
CM Trump Voter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[This is not the Politics board and we pay attention to red flags and do our best to keep trolling posts to a minimum on this forum. -Staff]
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stupe said:

75AG said:

Stupe said:

75AG said:

Take a shot at a plane and find out
Where did I say that a firearm would be used?
You gonna throw a rock at it?
If it's hovering low enough over my yard that it is bothering me, a baseball will suffice.
Presumably, if it is hovering over your yard, it is attempting to deliver something to you. Maybe not the best idea to throw a baseball at a delivery you ordered.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I have a return will it show up and let me attach it to the drone and take it away?
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Tie it to a baseball and see if it will catch it.
textar4404
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6.7 acre site. Just how much "stuff" is this facility going to stock? Not sure what the point is other than to say they did it.
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
textar4404 said:

6.7 acre site. Just how much "stuff" is this facility going to stock? Not sure what the point is other than to say they did it.


Drone can only deliver shoebox size stuff. 6.7 acres can hold a lot of shoeboxes. Probably have a pretty steady stream of trucks coming from the larger warehouse.

Also, Amazon warehouses are already run by robots that pick all the orders. People just put the stuff in boxes and slap on a shipping label.

Amazon put in a distribution center near us when I still lived in round rock. They needed a lot of parking. Developer was building a site with a few single story office/warehouse buildings. Amazon came in, used the largest building but leased the whole site for the parking.

Would be cool if they were a distribution center too and send out trucks rather than rely on USPS.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

textar4404 said:

6.7 acre site. Just how much "stuff" is this facility going to stock? Not sure what the point is other than to say they did it.


Drone can only deliver shoebox size stuff. 6.7 acres can hold a lot of shoeboxes. Probably have a pretty steady stream of trucks coming from the larger warehouse.

Also, Amazon warehouses are already run by robots that pick all the orders. People just put the stuff in boxes and slap on a shipping label.

Amazon put in a distribution center near us when I still lived in round rock. They needed a lot of parking. Developer was building a site with a few single story office/warehouse buildings. Amazon came in, used the largest building but leased the whole site for the parking.

Would be cool if they were a distribution center too and send out trucks rather than rely on USPS.
Post Oak Mall says hi.
Scruffy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As far as I know the robots don't pick orders....
They bring the product bins to a picker, and they do some of the sorting of boxed packages ready for shipping.
Amazon is still very much a people driven business.
Bob2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What size drone can deliver a 12 pack of Makers Mark?
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bob2525 said:

What size drone can deliver a 12 pack of Makers Mark?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.