Garage door companies

4,197 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tailgate88
Cartographer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My garage door won't go up. Who should I call in town and why?

If there's a thread please point me in that direction.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
We have used Aggieland Garage Door in the past on the recommendation of this board. They were fantastic. They got to us quickly, fixed what needed fixing, didn't try to upsell us on anything, and let us know the things we could do to limit how often they would need to come out in the future.

https://aggielandgaragedoor.amarr.com/us/en/
CS78
Aggieland or AAA are both great.
91_Aggie
AG
Will it not go up at all even with the garage door opener disengaged (pull that pull rope that is hanging down)?
TexAg1987
Aggieland garage door ......because your garage door won't go up.
Tibbers
Aggieland garage door my friend.
happyinBCS
[We allow posters to give negative reviews about companies on this board but we require a reason for the negative review. -Staff]
techno-ag
AG

[This post refers to AAA]

Agreed. They would not return my call. But Aggieland had a set price that covered all parts. Showed up when they said they would, done in an hour.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Our is messed up due to an accident while backing out. Unfortunately, we were told that the only company that works on our brand of door, is based in Houston. It's been a complete s show thus far with no work being done. If there is someone in B/CS that works on all brands, I would like to visit with them.
CS78
[This post refers to AAA]

Surprised to see people having issues. I've been using them for my rentals for years and have had zero issues. They always answer the phone, coordinate scheduling with tenants,
get things done quickly. Don't personally know them or anything.
BCSWguru
No problems with AAA here either
EliteElectric
Aggieland. Hands down.
TorcanoAG2004
AG
Aggieland Garage Door
Tailgate88
AG
Aggieland
halibut sinclair
We've used AAA for years with no issues. I had to use OGD once on a weekend and they were a little more expensive but were very professional and did a good job.
happyinBCS
Since I was scolded by staff my first and last experience with AAA was the door was not opening so there was an old sticker by the push button that had their information from the previous owner, so I called them it took two days to get them out, so the guy shows up and starts off by saying that is a screw drive opener they are really not the best in fact he said they are to powerful then he goes on to determine it is a limit switch on the rail so he gets a limit switch from his truck installs it and everything works great as he continues to talk down my opener all of this takes a total of about 30 minutes. so we have a 12 dollar limit switch (the price on the genie website) and of course a trip charge and 30 minutes of his time now the really strange part occurs he gets his ticket out and makes a phone call told the guy what he did after the guy told him what to charge he simply writes a number on the ticket no breakdown labor parts tax and says 242.00 I told him dang that seems high he said that is what the boss said so I give him a check and he gives me a receipt with 242.00 on it nothing else this is what happened so I hope staff is happy as I said previously don't use them I know I won't

[We are satisfied with this post and we appreciate your concern. Thank you. -Staff]
halibut sinclair
That's one long sentence!
EliteElectric
Not defending AAA (I recommended Aggieland), but most service companies have a 1 hr. minimum on service calls so you probably weren't going to get to pay for a 1/2 hr. Just pointing that out for anyone who doesn't know.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Aggieland and its not even close.
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
Cartographer
Thanks for the recommendation. Called Aggieland and they came out today and made the replacement. Showed up early for the initial meeting and did the same for the afternoon when they came back to do the install.

Happy with everything so far and they didn't try to upsell my wife as she was the one at home when they came by this afternoon.

Thanks again!
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
Thanks for the follow up.
m3prsive
Enrique - 361-542-1530 (he's local)

Great independent guy that can get the parts and charge half of everyone else. I have used him 3 times in the past 5 years for different properties and he is good at what he does.
Garage Door Pro
Buford T. Justice said:

Our is messed up due to an accident while backing out. Unfortunately, we were told that the only company that works on our brand of door, is based in Houston. It's been a complete s show thus far with no work being done. If there is someone in B/CS that works on all brands, I would like to visit with them.

Hi Buford,

I'm Chris with Aggieland Garage Door(thanks for the referrals everyone!)

I'm not sure if we have been out or not, but if we have, I'd like to take a second look. Please give us a call at 979-696-8208.
Chris Symons AGD
dr_boogs
AG
Is Aggieland Garage Door the same business as Aggieland Overhead Door & Fireplace? I've used AOD a few times w good experiences each time.
Garage Door Pro
dr_boogs said:

Is Aggieland Garage Door the same business as Aggieland Overhead Door & Fireplace? I've used AOD a few times w good experiences each time.

We are two separate companies.
Chris Symons AGD
Buford T. Justice
AG
Will do!
Tailgate88
AG
Garage Door Pro said:

Buford T. Justice said:

Hi Buford,

I'm Chris with Aggieland Garage Door(thanks for the referrals everyone!)

I'm not sure if we have been out or not, but if we have, I'd like to take a second look. Please give us a call at 979-696-8208.

Big thumbs up for Chris and Aggieland Garage Door. Prompt, competent, and fair.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.