Student living

2,202 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 1.618
Aggie09!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. Please point in right direction if not!

My sister is headed to CS this month to look at living options for my niece next year. Can I get some suggestions for some good apts/off campus dorms for kids to live now? I've been gone long enough I have no knowledge.

She's attending Blinn but will likely live in CS with 1 or 2 roommates though Bryan is still open. Looking for place that is $600 or less for her share of rent.

Thanks for any help!
maddiedou
AG
More details. Most by the bedrooms are 600 and less

You can text me if your questions dont get answered on this post at one time I knew most apartments and managers but now it is like a revolving door and apartment names

979-eight two o -l87o
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Whatever happens make sure she doesn't sign a lease on an Asset Hero managed house. I and many people I know have been scammed out of $100s & $1000s. Read their yelp reviews for more evidence if you'd like.
rsa
AG
Make sure she doesn't get roped in to signing a multi-year lease. The sales pitch sounds enticing, but a multi-year lease can come back to haunt her should she need to relocate after year 1.
TimsParents
S
We live one block from Blinn and have had students stay with us in the past at no cost. Email is in my profile
Gig'Em & God Bless
dirkjones
AG
I would second the caution on Asset hero. I'd look in Bryan if you can, college station utilities will be at least double that of Bryan.
taxpreparer
AG
TimsParents are good people. At least talk to them unless your daughter already has roommates picked out.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
CS78
They need to check travel time from where they live to blinn. Lots of blinn students buy into the nice complexes in CS and then later figure out that it's 30+ minutes between the two in drive time alone.
Aggie09!
AG
I appreciate the help! I've been passing all this along to my sister. Please keep sharing any advice or recommendations you have for them!

My Blinn/Bryan student was encouraged to move over to Blinn/Rellis this past semester and he found that he prefers it. It only added 10 minutes to his travel time but for some students it might make a much bigger difference. Something to consider.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.