Former CSHS teacher goes on trial for 2015 sexual conduct w student incident

21,480 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by lethalninja
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Offense Date 2015-08-03
Offense IMPROPER RELAT EDUC/STUDENT
Sentence Date 2022-01-19
County BRAZOS
Case No. 16-01488-CRF-85
Sentence (YY-MM-DD) 10-00-00

It took almost six-and-a-half years for him to be sentenced after he committed the offense, and he's already eligible for parole (even if he got the maximum twenty years, he would still be eligible for parole in less than two-and-a-half years). I'll update when he's granted or denied parole. He has to receive at least two favorable votes from the three parole board members randomly assigned to his case (there are seven members total) to receive parole

Offender is currently in the Parole Review Process

The parole review process begins approximately six months before the parole eligibility date for a first review and four months before the eligibility date in additional reviews. The process begins with the offender's file being reviewed for all appropriate documents, including letters of support and protest. An Institutional Parole Officer reviews the file and interviews the offender before preparing a case summary for the Board voting panel. The Board normally will vote on the case just prior to the parole eligibility date.

Next Parole Review Date

02/17/2023
BlueMiles
AG
Thank you for the update.
lethalninja
I haven't mentioned this in the thread, but it's really interesting and was mentioned at the sentencing phase of his trial (I went because he was my teacher): Gregory Stanley, the theatre teacher, used to be friends and roommates in college with Jim Parsons (Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory) and Jim's partner, but they had an argument over Disney tickets (I know it sounds made up, but this was mentioned at his trial), so Stanley had a falling out with them and became depressed, since he considered Jim to be his best friend. Also, one witness at the trial said that if Stanley ended up getting house arrest and needed somewhere to stay, he would let Stanley live with him and his wife, since he considered him a good friend (good lawyering by the defense to put him on the stand).

You can look up "Greg Stanley Jim Parsons" and there's several articles about them. Jim briefly thanked him in his Emmy acceptance speech in 2010, and there's a video of it (he lists all the people he's thanking, and one of the names is Greg Stanley).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3222980/amp/Jim-Parson-s-college-friend-thanked-2010-Emmys-speech-arrested-improper-relationship-student.html

A former college roommate and longtime friend of Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons has been arrested for having an improper relationship with one of his high school students.

Greg Stanley was arrested in College Station, Texas after one of his 17-year-old students reported that he lured him to his home and served him alcohol before sexually assaulting him.
lethalninja
He's still in the parole review process, but the earliest he's eligible for parole is on Friday (the 17th). I'll update again when there's a decision on his parole.
Justin2010
AG
Did you ever get any creepy vibes from him when he was your teacher?
lethalninja
Not really, but there was a girl in one of my classes after he got arrested that said she asked to go to the bathroom, and he asked her for a hug first.
lethalninja
He's eligible for parole today, but there hasn't been a decision yet. It might come next week.
lethalninja
A decision on his parole still hasn't been made yet. It will probably come tomorrow or sometime next week. He'll most likely be denied parole, since he's only served thirteen months out of ten years, but he could also be approved for parole, since he only has one arrest and conviction on his record, and his arrest happened in August 2015 and he hasn't been in trouble since then.
lethalninja
There still hasn't been a decision on his parole yet. I'll update once a week until there's a decision, but it will probably come sometime this week or next week.

[This is what we told you not to do to your own threads. -Staff]
BlueMiles
AG
Please post when there is an update.
lethalninja
Maximum Sentence Date: 2032-01-17

Current Facility: STILES

Projected Release Date: 2026-02-17

Denied on 03/22/2023

NEXT REVIEW (03/2024)- Deny favorable parole action and set for next review.

Denial reason(s): 2D

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE - THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

From now on, I'll post updates in this thread once a year (every time there's a decision on his parole). I'll also post an update when he's released. The parole board was supposed to have a decision by February 17th, but it took 33 more days than it was supposed to
lethalninja
Yesterday was eight years since he was arrested, so it's been a long time. He's been incarcerated since January 19th last year and his next parole hearing is in March, so I'll update whenever there's a decision.
lethalninja
He's currently in the parole review process (it began earlier this week). I'll post again in March when there's a decision on his parole. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets parole this time, since he technically only has one arrest and one conviction and he hasn't gotten in trouble since August 2015, but it could go either way.
mtec
Interesting. Thanks for the updates!
lethalninja
https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/bpp/what_is_parole/reasons.htm

These are the reasons why someone can be denied parole. This is the only time he's been arrested, he doesn't have excessive substance use involvement, he hasn't gotten in trouble in prison, he has stable employment (it was mentioned at his trial that he was currently working in retail) and he's not a gang member, so the odds are in his favor
lethalninja
Tomorrow will be two years since he was sentenced to prison (January 19, 2022). I'll post again in March when there's a decision on his parole. If I had to guess, I would say he'll get parole this time based on the factors I mentioned in my previous post, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's denied parole either.
lethalninja
Maximum Sentence Date: 2032-01-17

Current Facility: STILES

Projected Release Date: 2026-02-17

Denied on 04/10/2024

NEXT REVIEW (04/2025)- Deny favorable parole action and set for next review.

Denial reason(s): 2D

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE - THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

If he was denied two days earlier, it would have been on his 51st birthday and the day of the solar eclipse
woodiewood
Love Gun said:

Sicko did this to a kid while he was at Magnolia HS, too. If convicted, he needs to swing.

Instead of never letting your kids outside because you're scared of freaks like these, tell your kids to live their lives. Most importantly, teach them to know when to say something about anything that may be criminal or unethical for teachers.
Teach them that they have no business going to a teacher's home at any time.
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks for the update
lethalninja
For those of you wondering why he was first eligible for parole a little over a year into a ten year sentence, it's because improper relationship between educator and student (the offense he was charged with and convicted of) isn't an aggravated offense. If the victim was sixteen instead of seventeen, it would have been considered child molestation, which is an aggravated offense, and he would have had to serve half of his sentence before being eligible for parole.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.