Bobby the Tailor

2,034 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Monywolf
Mom2Kidz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be in College Station on Monday, November 29th and Tuesday, November 30th. He's currently taking appointments and will be set up at the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center. To book an appointment, email Bobby at bobbygaria@gmail.com or phone/text +66646430906.
jeffk
AG
He'll be going through Houston, Austin, and Dallas as well.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Got my appointment for the 30th. It's been a couple years since I last saw him. Always been happy with his stuff.
AggiePhil
AG
To each his own but I was not pleased with the suit I got from him a few years back. Won't go back.
denied
If you can articulate what you don't like about something he will change things up for you. I haven't needed to, but I understand from other posters, if something arrives messed up he will replace it.

My only real complaint is the buttons on the shirts seem to be really crappy and have to be replaced. I am going to mention it when I go in, but I don't want goofy novelty buttons.
jeffk
AG
What was wrong with it?
AggiePhil
AG
I didn't like the fit, design, and price. I did like the fabric selection, options, and communication.

I went there with a suit I really liked the fit and size of and basically told him "make a new version of this suit." So he took measurements of that suit and also of me. It was a more full-fitting suit.

A few weeks later, I received the new Bobby suit in the mail in a bag. Fit super tight, nothing like what I'd asked for. Emailed Bobby and he said to take it to a local tailor to be adjusted and he'd pay for it. Which he did. But it was cut so slim fitting that it was just never quite right, even after the adjustments. Cost was about $1,000 including one shirt (which had the same fitment issues).

In the end, I surmised that his suits must lean more toward "modern," slim-fit design with thin lapels, narrow legs, high crotches, etc. Just not my preference.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I get what you are saying, as I have purchased a couple of sport coats. They were impeccably crafted, but more of a slim fit design. I'm not slim. Which makes them actually help me look thinner. But, all of my dress shirts are regular fit, so I need to buy 4-6 shirts from Bobby. Otherwise, it looks like the stuffing is exploding out of the turkey.

Bobby is exceptionally polite and professional, and the.clothes are expertly crafted.
Monywolf
Bobby is fantastic. Highly recommend the fit and fabric.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.