Cook Shack

9,351 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FlyRod
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eliminatus said:

iParty said:

This! Chicken was hard to cut with a knife. Very poorly cooked.
Wonder if it is just the source? Last couple of packs I got from Kroger were super tough and chewy and super not good. I probably have some of the lowest food standards here on TA and even I had to throw away my last meal I made with that chicken.
chicken tender shortage. heard it on the radio earlier. Armageddon is coming...

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/nationwide-chicken-tender-shortage
davido
AG
It's a step hotter than any other ratings.
Eliminatus
AG
TyHolden said:

Eliminatus said:

TyHolden said:

Anybody try the AMF spice (hottest one)? I've never had anything that I couldn't eat but I got the chicken sandwich with the AMF spice and I thought I was going to die after first bite. I don't know what pepper is on there but it's ****ing hot.

My daughter touched it and got it in her eye and had to sit under cold water for 5 minutes before she could open them.

Much hotter than habanero. ghost pepper maybe?
Ugh. The idiot child in my head who loves spicy food is salivating at the challenge you present here but my now old man stomach and heart are cringing at the pain that is going to happen and soon.
I double-dog-dare you. I've never had a spice that knocked me on my ass like that. Maybe ask for a taste test first. It was literally a wasted $15. I couldn't even eat the bread at that point.

I'll go back for the Texas Hot though.
Challenge accepted and met. Even got a sweet sticker out of it!

The AMF is no joke. I love spicy food and this one burns. I am glad I got medium ribs as well to even the AMF tenders out. I am glad I did it, but will definitely scale back for normal occasions.

Two thoughts about it. It is spicy AF but still has great flavor. I have done a lot of heat challenges over the years and a fair number of them straight up don't taste good at all. The AMF is hot as hell AND still tasty. Second point is the burn actually faded from my mouth very quickly. Literally a few minutes and I was fine. Kinda shocked me. I am used to dying for at least an hour after something like that.

Chicken consistency was great. Ribs were excellent.
TyHolden
AG
Eliminatus said:

TyHolden said:

Eliminatus said:

TyHolden said:

Anybody try the AMF spice (hottest one)? I've never had anything that I couldn't eat but I got the chicken sandwich with the AMF spice and I thought I was going to die after first bite. I don't know what pepper is on there but it's ****ing hot.

My daughter touched it and got it in her eye and had to sit under cold water for 5 minutes before she could open them.

Much hotter than habanero. ghost pepper maybe?
Ugh. The idiot child in my head who loves spicy food is salivating at the challenge you present here but my now old man stomach and heart are cringing at the pain that is going to happen and soon.
I double-dog-dare you. I've never had a spice that knocked me on my ass like that. Maybe ask for a taste test first. It was literally a wasted $15. I couldn't even eat the bread at that point.

I'll go back for the Texas Hot though.
Challenge accepted and met. Even got a sweet sticker out of it!

The AMF is no joke. I love spicy food and this one burns. I am glad I got medium ribs as well to even the AMF tenders out. I am glad I did it, but will definitely scale back for normal occasions.

Two thoughts about it. It is spicy AF but still has great flavor. I have done a lot of heat challenges over the years and a fair number of them straight up don't taste good at all. The AMF is hot as hell AND still tasty. Second point is the burn actually faded from my mouth very quickly. Literally a few minutes and I was fine. Kinda shocked me. I am used to dying for at least an hour after something like that.

Chicken consistency was great. Ribs were excellent.

FlyRod
Finally gave them a try. Oh my goodness are those tenders like possibly the best in town bar none.

Should the slim possibility arise that I might (cough) imbibe a tad too much, I can see myself ordering up a big delivery from them.
Tibbers
Man those ribs and tenders are amazing. Dragon fries are still the best fry in town as well. That place is so good and it was great to see how busy they were on a Thursday afternoon.
bushytailed
AG
Tried it a couple weeks ago with a friend. The chicken tacos were great. I don't normally like cole slaw, but theirs is great on the tacos. The dragon fries were pretty amazing as well.
halibut sinclair
The Cookshack is awesome. We recently tried the sandwich and tacos with Texas Hot. Damn good!
FlyRod
Loved the cole slaw as well. As with BBQ I think good sides matter, and Cookshack blows away the competition. Going to try the Texas caviar with next order!

Edit: oh crap didn't see they had tacos! Thanks halibut!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.