Clearing Land on Harvey

3,342 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by BaitShack
aggiebeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A big chunk of land is being cleared off of Harvey Rd between Copperfield and Boonville. Any clue what's going on? A know a lot of that land is zoned residential but wasn't sure what they are working on.
textar4404
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I had to guess, it will be more townhomes/apartments. More traffic on the two-lane road.
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
textar4404 said:

If I had to guess, it will be more townhomes/apartments. More traffic on the two-lane road.


Yay. More multi dweller units. That's exactly what this city needs.
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
new straw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I live in summit crossing (the townhouse neighborhood) and I'm not super pumped about apartments.
aggiebeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's only the front side of the land. My guess was commercial. A strip center or something. We just moved in next to Sawed Off CrossFit and they have made a LOT of progress in a very short time.
textar4404
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Drove by today and the sign at the road is a For Sale sign. They may just be clearing it in hopes that it brings in a buyer.
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why do they always have to lay waste to it to sell it? Developers in this town don't do the area any favors.
JP76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pappadeux's and Pappasito's
lawless89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JP76 said:

Pappadeux's and Pappasito's


Wouldn't that be nice.

Also, very bad for my wallet.
aggiebeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They finally put a sign up. It's going to be apartments - "Ascend at Harvey" by DHI Communities. Yay, more apartments.
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiebeck said:

They finally put a sign up. It's going to be apartments - "Ascend at Harvey" by DHI Communities. Yay, more apartments.
Peachy
AgProgrammer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Average Joe said:

textar4404 said:

If I had to guess, it will be more townhomes/apartments. More traffic on the two-lane road.


Yay. More multi dweller units. That's exactly what this city needs.


As long as housing prices continue to run away out of control, apartments are going to continue being the only option for lots of lower income, younger couples, or single parents, etc.
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
textar4404 said:

If I had to guess, it will be more townhomes/apartments. More traffic on the two-lane road.


And it'll be even better when they put in the roundabout at the theater exit.
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would this be considered Bryan or College Station?
drred4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quite honesty the morons whomever they may be should have widened Harvey before the other complex was developed closer to veterans. Then they lower the speedlimit this year as well. They are way behind city and state for expanding roads to accommodate the increased traffic.
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bcstx06 said:

Would this be considered Bryan or College Station?

All of Harvey is CS. A small strip of Elmo Weedon beyond the Hwy 30/158 light is Bryan. Then rural Brazos Co.
RafterAg223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keep not showing up to vote, or even worse show up and vote for people like Crompton, and housing affordability will continue its current catastrophic trajectory. Young professionals need to live somewhere. Absent affordable starter homes, nicer apartments are the ticket. You people can gripe and moan all you want, but people like Crompton and his ilk at the city are the problem. Not the developers that respond to market forces!!!!!!
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RafterAg223 said:

Keep not showing up to vote, or even worse show up and vote for people like Crompton, and housing affordability will continue its current catastrophic trajectory. Young professionals need to live somewhere. Absent affordable starter homes, nicer apartments are the ticket. You people can gripe and moan all you want, but people like Crompton and his ilk at the city are the problem. Not the developers that respond to market forces!!!!!!
Spot on. Nobody seems to want new starter homes built nearby in the $200-275K range. Sooooo more apartments it is.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starter homes need to be attractive. Those in MidTown CS look like a detention center. Yards too small for a swing set.
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Starter homes need to be attractive. Those in MidTown CS look like a detention center. Yards too small for a swing set.
Wife and I drove by once and immediately scratched it off the list. I think my wiener dog would flood that back yard after 2 trips to pee.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Average Joe said:

Bucketrunner said:

Starter homes need to be attractive. Those in MidTown CS look like a detention center. Yards too small for a swing set.
Wife and I drove by once and immediately scratched it off the list. I think my wiener dog would flood that back yard after 2 trips to pee.
Traffic will be a nightmare out of MidTown... Queue castlegate-like congestion again....
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
doubledog said:



Traffic will be a nightmare out of MidTown... Queue castlegate-like congestion again....

Went to a city info meeting when Scott & White was in the planning stages. City staff went over impacts, needs, etc., and one suggestion was to widen Rock Prairie from the bypass to Bird Pond Rd. One of the city council members had a fit and called the suggestion a waste of money for a road to nowhere. His suggestion was to let development build up and then see about widening the road.

Lack of planning on their part always ends up biting us on the backside.
AndesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ontheedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rsa said:

doubledog said:



Traffic will be a nightmare out of MidTown... Queue castlegate-like congestion again....

Went to a city info meeting when Scott & White was in the planning stages. City staff went over impacts, needs, etc., and one suggestion was to widen Rock Prairie from the bypass to Bird Pond Rd. One of the city council members had a fit and called the suggestion a wast of money for a road to nowhere. His suggestion was to let development build up and then see about widening the road.

Lack of planning on their part always ends up biting us in the backside.
Sounds like a lack of vision.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ontheedge said:

rsa said:

doubledog said:



Traffic will be a nightmare out of MidTown... Queue castlegate-like congestion again....

Went to a city info meeting when Scott & White was in the planning stages. City staff went over impacts, needs, etc., and one suggestion was to widen Rock Prairie from the bypass to Bird Pond Rd. One of the city council members had a fit and called the suggestion a wast of money for a road to nowhere. His suggestion was to let development build up and then see about widening the road.

Lack of planning on their part always ends up biting us in the backside.
Sounds like a lack of vision.
Somebody should have said, "But think how many trees we could have planted along the bigger roadway."
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spatula City
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.