Good upscale restaurants in BCS

4,908 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Tibbers
WAF78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to take the wife out this week for a 49th anniversary and need a real nice place. Any suggestions?
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Christopher's or Republic
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ronin

The Republic

Primrose Path
Vinewood_03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dee's Club off 21
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Casa do Brasil.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd go Casa do Brasil. Food and service are excellent
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Casa Do Brasil
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Casa do Brasil is good and a neat experience, but I wouldnt call it upscale. I was also a little disappointed in the food. Seemed a lot of the meat was over cooked and dry.

I would choose Republic or Christopher's. Republic would be my choice
denied
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Porter's
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ronin. Hell yes on Ronin.
Gunner0740
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Republic
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Dos Brisas open? Not far from BCS.
Moy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Republic, Porter's, and Christopher's are all top notch. The Stella Hotel is pretty good too. Check out their menu's to see what best suites the old lady.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jac4 said:

Is Dos Brisas open? Not far from BCS.


If you're going to invest in an hour-and-a-half 90 mile roundtrip you might as well start adding some Houston restaurants to your list.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
histag10 said:

Casa do Brasil is good and a neat experience, but I wouldnt call it upscale. I was also a little disappointed in the food. Seemed a lot of the meat was over cooked and dry.

I would choose Republic or Christopher's. Republic would be my choice


Just as an fyi they are really good about cooking the meat the way you want it. Just let your waiter know and then give it a few mins for your own batch to be made and the rest of your meal will have meat exactly how you want it.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gate 12
1860 Italia

Happy Anniversary!
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

histag10 said:

Casa do Brasil is good and a neat experience, but I wouldnt call it upscale. I was also a little disappointed in the food. Seemed a lot of the meat was over cooked and dry.

I would choose Republic or Christopher's. Republic would be my choice


Just as an fyi they are really good about cooking the meat the way you want it. Just let your waiter know and then give it a few mins for your own batch to be made and the rest of your meal will have meat exactly how you want it.


Good at it is an overstatement. We sent something back 3 times because they couldn't get medium rare right. It was either raw, or well done.
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gate 12 is also decent, but not upscale. I would put their food about on par with outback. Heck, I wore athletic shorts and a t-shirt and I wasn't at all out of place.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

Gate 12
1860 Italia

Happy Anniversary!
I wouldn't consider Gate 12 as "upscale". But it can be loud… I mean REALLY loud
Bucketrunner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Republic has great atmosphere. We just don't like their food.
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only true upscale places are The Republic and Christopher's. I'd recommend either.

Ronin is great, but I wouldn't consider it upscale. Casa do Brasil is also great, but again not upscale. Primrose Path is another one with excellent food and atmosphere but it isn't upscale. Porter's is just okay in my book.
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
+1 Christopher's.

Let them know it's a special occasion.
WAF78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check out the menus to see what works. I like Casa do Brasil, didn't know they had one here, but the wife's not much of a meat eater. I think the owner of Casa Do Brasil is a big supporter of the Aggie golf team
Is the Republic the old Republic of Texas that was across from the Hilton?
Thank again
WAF78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PS3D said:

jac4 said:

Is Dos Brisas open? Not far from BCS.


If you're going to invest in an hour-and-a-half 90 mile roundtrip you might as well start adding some Houston restaurants to your list.
Got to be local at our age. Alcohol will be involved and the only DD can't see after dark.
deh40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Christopher's or Porters. Republic is overrated except for the bar.
VW_Bus_Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Celebrated my wife's birthday last night at 1860 Italia. Great food. Nice place!
Sleepnumber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VW_Bus_Guy said:

Celebrated my wife's birthday last night at 1860 Italia. Great food. Nice place!
Super noisy
new straw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed! So frustrating, as the food is so good. And I'm not spending that much to eat take out.
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sleepnumber said:

VW_Bus_Guy said:

Celebrated my wife's birthday last night at 1860 Italia. Great food. Nice place!
Super noisy
If you ask to be seated in the back by the kitchen, it's not as noisy and it's much more enjoyable.
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75AG said:

MiMi said:

Gate 12
1860 Italia

Happy Anniversary!
I wouldn't consider Gate 12 as "upscale". But it can be loud… I mean REALLY loud


1869 italia is for sure not a anniversary spot

It is very loud
Plus it's meidiocore overpriced Italian food

It's basically Olive Garden with nicer interior
4xAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have recently enjoyed The Vintage House Restaurant at Messina Hof. Food was great , affordable and atmosphere very relaxing.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish that the Texan was still around.
That place was outstanding.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Momosmom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ate at Gate12 Friday after my daughter received her ring. Huge disappointment. Will not be going back!
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was our experience as well.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What didn't you like about Gate 12? We haven't been yet, but it has an excellent rating on Yelp, Facebook, Open Table and Google.
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.