Helpful suggestions for College Students new to the area (Traffic addition)

4,595 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MiMi
4lilmonkeys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Double left turn lanes. Learn how they work.

Almost got into an accident at Longmire and 2818 last night because some kid turned from the inside lane into outside lane. Had absolutely no idea what he did wrong.
Aggie
AG
Not sure why so many cannot stay in their lane on a double turn. They even have idiot proof dotted lines now for you to follow.
Never fails.. inside makes it wide and outside cuts it short.
Not hard
techno-ag
AG
If traveling south on the bypass in the afternoon from about 4:30 to 6:00 or so be prepared to slow down to about 30 mph starting near the Harvey exit.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
histag10
AG
Aggie said:

Not sure why so many cannot stay in their lane on a double turn. They even have idiot proof dotted lines now for you to follow.
Not hard

Every other intersection alternates wide/narrow on Texas in CS.
montegobay
In order to prepare for the southbound exit at WD Fitch, you will need to begin going around 40 mph starting around Rock Prairie. Don't want to take that exit too fast.
histag10
AG
I think her or her husband must read TexAgs. I havent seen that vehicle in a week or so now
Hornbeck
montegobay said:

In order to prepare for the southbound exit at WD Fitch, you will need to begin going around 40 mph starting around Rock Prairie. Don't want to take that exit too fast.

Yes. I've noticed people slow down at the overpass for the road before the Fitch exit.
El_duderino
Why you gotta call out Snook like that? 2155 is only 2 lanes through there so there's no turning left from the right lane or vice versa.
Thisguy1
Assume every car is being driven by someone on their phone.
Thisguy1
Go at least the speed limit on 6. Most traffic issues are caused by people driving 10 mph under the limit in the slow lane when they have no desire to exit any time soon.

Funny story, this actually happened one time when I was going from Briarcrest to Rock Prairie around 515. A new, white GMC Yukon was going 50 mph in the right lane and was causing all kinds of issues. I finally got around them (did the whole stare down to make them feel bad) and it was Buzz Williams.
oklaunion
Hornbeck said:

montegobay said:

Yes. I've noticed people slow down at the overpass for the road before the Fitch exit.
It is actually reduced to 60 as you approach that overpass and curve.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Aggie said:

Not hard

Maybe it's just my own experience, but for double turn lanes in any city in recent years, it seems like outside cutting it short seems to be the more frequent problem.
doubledog
El_duderino said:

Why you gotta call out Snook like that? 2155 is only 2 lanes through there so there's no turning left from the right lane or vice versa.
I love Snook, I am actually looking for property out there. I would have said Iola, but I do not think any students know where Iola is. Snook is famous for Chilifest.
El_duderino
I knew what you meant. I couldn't help myself commenting on it though.
MiMi
S
oklaunion said:

Hornbeck said:

montegobay said:

It is actually reduced to 60 as you approach that overpass and curve.
The 60 mph 'advisory' (yellow) speed limit sign is just after the Rock Prairie exit and before the downhill curve as you approach the RP underpass. The speed limit is still 70 mph at the Barron Rd overpass, which is usually when drivers intending to exit at Fitch decide to slow to a crawl for no reason at all.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.