Is there a nicer area to live in than Indian Lakes?

8,916 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Fisted Lamb
TAMC11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
woodiewood1 said:

Ben****er

Lol
GTdad
woodiewood1 said:

Donny Hall said:

I prefer older estate houses. College Park / Brison Park on historic southgate side. Also N Rosemary in Bryan are my favs.

I don't like having to drive faster than 40 or more than 5 minutes to anything - thats why I live on some acreage next to University preserve in the middle of town.
That's what we did but in the Hysterical neighborhood. We are only one of two houses connected to Brison Park and within site of Kyle Field. We have five acres of woods in our east and south sides...we live 450 feet from campus and live in the woods! As you mentioned, I live being five minutes to most everything we go to and also able to walk to A&M sports.

We looked at a number of homes near you back in 2010.
I, too, wish to live in the Hysterical neighborhood.

My neighborhood isn't too hysterical, but it's a nice rural subdivision (close to Smitty Ks) with only one way in. I suspect that deters a number of bad guys.
mgreen
Saddle creek is great also.
Ag_B_10
AG
I hear there are some good spots along MLK.
legalbird
Indian Lakes wins at the end of the day. Many other places are nice but you pass by weird stuff along the way.
Tigermom84
AG
Based on my experience working with city matters, Indian lakes is decades away from annexation. The city, frankly, can't afford to bring all the city services out there (water, sewage, fire, electrical, you name it). Not to mention lights and bringing everything up to code. Plus, unless the laws have changed, good luck getting a large majority of IL residents to consent to annexation (I think it's 50% or more required by the state as passed in late 2019). And according to the Next 10 (the 10yr plan of the city), annexation isn't even a consideration in this decade.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.