Recommendation for home security system

2,018 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bobinator
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any good local recommendations or is a bigger name brand company preferred? I had a buddy a few years ago that sold his house 2 years into a 5 year contract with Vivint. I helped him sell his home and there was no getting out of that contract whatsoever and we had to figure out how to negotiate that part of the real estate transaction.

Helped a buyer today purchase and the previous owners used a local company that they said they don't recommend for various reasons (I won't name names).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Buyer not in a position to break the monthly bank so to speak but looking for something reasonable and effective.

MaddoxRay
We use WireStar Networks. They are local and have been super helpful and easy to deal with.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've been happy with ASC. I don't think I've ever had a problem, outside of having to change batteries in glass break sensors.
Firefighter7
Advanced Security Concepts. Locally owned family business. I had an emergency issue with my alarm and smoke detectors and they came out on a Sunday night to repair. Nick does a great job!
4xAgs
AG
Why pay to have a security system monitored? If there is an intrusion the monitoring station will call police but it is a very low priority call. All modern security panels now report via internet to an app that can alert you if you're not home. We have the physical security system which will sound alarm but don't pay to have it monitored.

Interested in perspectives...
Love Gun
Do you have a Ring doorbell? They make cameras and alarm systems that configure with it that are pretty affordable and effective. The monitoring fee is $10 a month, and that replaces the $30 a year that you pay for the doorbell cloud storage.
dubi
AG
We have Simplisafe system with sensors, keypad front door lock, and doorbell camera.

$25/mo monitoring fee and our experience is that the CSPD arrived to our home really fast!
SARATOGA
I agree. Get something that makes a loud noise and camera's installed that backup to a hard drive or message to your phone.

As for law enforcement response, they might send someone to cruise by in an hour or so......so no real point in monitoring if help is not on the way, or takes its own sweet time.
one MEEN Ag
AG
What do you want out of a security system? Loud noises? Auto-dialing the police? Cameras?

For loud noises, use simplysafe. For outdoor cameras use Eufy fully wireless cameras.
Golf1
AG
I do sales for small business and residential in the area with ADT Security. I understand people have mixed feelings about the company and there are local/cheaper options and respect that, but I can help out with getting a quote or the options available with ADT if you'd like.
bobinator
AG
dubi said:

We have Simplisafe system with sensors, keypad front door lock, and doorbell camera.

$25/mo monitoring fee and our experience is that the CSPD arrived to our home really fast!

Yeah I've been happy with our Simplisafe system.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.