New tire purchase

1,141 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by txxwildcard
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to replace 4 tires. Need recs. Have used Micheline for 3 or 4 times but find they don't meet the mileage expectation. Mostly intown driving. Thanks.
halibut sinclair
Yokohama
BCStalk
Type of vehicle? I've never had issues with Michelins not making it past at least 10k of the mileage. Assuming you are doing proper rotation intervals?
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Second the yokohama rec.
Also have used pirelli many times to satisfaction though I'd say I've had longer life on the Yokohamas.
Rexter
I have used various brands, and put on some Continental Control Contact Tour shoes on my work car. Installed on 12/15/20 and have 20K on them as of yesterday.
Very happy with them....great traction (wet or dry), much quieter than anything else I've ran, and they show almost no wear to date. They are rated at
80K.
I'll be sticking with them unless I have major issues before they wear out. I'll be satisfied if I get 60K out of them. I'll know by the end of the summer.

The last set was Goodyear Viva. They wore really fast, and at about 50% wear, the traction went away...so much so that I replaced them with 5/16 left. Wet roads had a high pucker factor.
Jetty
AG
University Tire on South College. We use them for everything from oil changes to new tires. Great honest people.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yes, what type of car?

Some cars just eat tires, regardless of brand. I had a minivan that did that. I've never had a less than stellar experience with Michelin. The Yokohama line exclusive to Discount Tire has been decent for me. Bridgestone have been a close second to the Michelin for my application.
txxwildcard
Call Manny Acosta at Discount Tire on Towerpoint, he is an Aggie student with a lot of knowledge in tires and amazing customer service. He recently helped me replace tires in 2 of our cars.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.