Contractor for window replacement?

4,291 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Hornbeck
saltsman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Needing to replace 12 windows. Not opposed to Window World, but would prefer to use a local contractor if possible. Any recommendations?
dubi
AG
saltsman said:

Needing to replace 12 windows. Not opposed to Window World, but would prefer to use a local contractor if possible. Any recommendations?
We made the choice to go Window World a few weeks ago. Enercon is local but there customer service has declined.
maddiedou
AG
I am gonna tell you You will like window world. Robin is great and either i or dubi can give ypu his number

I am with you enercon is good but window world has made a window business easy and their wi dow rating are .19 whichbis code
maddiedou
nonameag99
window world
saltsman
Appreciate the recommendations. If you could PM me Robin's contact (and your referral code) that would be awesome.

Maddiedou, did read that you do carpentry and drywall work?
dubi
AG
saltsman said:

Appreciate the recommendations. If you could PM me Robin's contact (and your referral code) that would be awesome.

You don't have PM on Texags. Please provide an email.
maddiedou
AG
Text me at 979-eight two o-l87o. Gary.
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
I dont have a referral code. I have never bought from window world just have seen the work and recommend
maddiedou
dubi
AG
maddiedou said:

I dont have a referral code. I have never bought from window world just have seen the work and recommend
I'll get one since I made a purchase.
saltsman
Dubi - You can text me at 3-to-5 Eight-to-Nine Five-872.
Gary - I'll reach out later this evening.

Appreciate it!
war hymn aggie
AG
Just had Window World install 10 windows & they did a great job.

Prices are the best in town, too.

Highly recommended.
betas2000
AG
Stay away from Enercon Windows!!!
eloc62
I only need 1 window replaced. Will window world do that small of a job?
maddiedou
AG
I will ask robin. For you I dont think they will but they may can put it in with the other job
maddiedou
halibut sinclair
eloc62 said:

I only need 1 window replaced. Will window world do that small of a job?
Call Acme Glass. Local folks!
maddiedou
AG
Actually if it wood siding and trim. I can do the window for you

If brick. Acme is an option
maddiedou
BucketofBalls99
dubi said:

saltsman said:

dubi - could you please email me the information for Window World if you still have it? Looking to get windows replaced in my house and maybe a rental.

bucketofballs99 at gma il dot com
SchnauzerMom
Hey, Bucket. I don't recall us getting a code to pass out, but we used Isaac Plumlee with Window World in Waco.
Mister Shipwreck
betas2000 said:

Stay away from Enercon Windows!!!
I used Enercon once for one window a few years ago. I had no issues. WHat is the matter with them?
ncttc
I am in BCS. Which window world did you use? I don't see one in BCS.
ncttc
I had Enercon give me a bid, but they are 16 to 18 weeks out
ncttc
Looks like Waco is the closest, is that the one to contact?
dubi
AG
BucketofBalls99 said:

dubi said:

saltsman said:

dubi - could you please email me the information for Window World if you still have it? Looking to get windows replaced in my house and maybe a rental.

bucketofballs99 at gma il dot com
I used Robin Ryan from Houston Window World.
713 539 3666

My referral code is #408341 and I might get a few bucks. Maybe enough for dinner.
Txag17
AG
John Smith is local, very fairly priced, and reliable. He just provided a window for me last week. Give him a call 979-224-2586.
www.gascustomhomes.com
keo1
AG
Enercon did 22 windows for me two years ago during our remodel. They did excellent work in a timely manner and have great warranty and are local. They custom make each window. I have no experience with Window World but you should use local people with a dependable track record. I dont work for them and know many people who have used them. Only one person on this post says he didnt like their customer service. We all have a bad day.
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
hopeandrealchange
keo1 said:

Enercon did 22 windows for me two years ago during our remodel. They did excellent work in a timely manner and have great warranty and are local. They custom make each window. I have no experience with Window World but you should use local people with a dependable track record. I dont work for them and know many people who have used them. Only one person on this post says he didnt like their customer service. We all have a bad day.

Many years ago Enercon supplied all of the windows for our home and our guest house. Great people. We were neighbors. Their shop was across the street from ours for years. I gave recommended them for years. The past two times I have recommended them I have gotten horrible feedback. That recommendation reflects back on me. I will no longer be recommending them. I think Brad is just overwhelmed and can't control the quality of service.
ncttc
Enercon gave me a bid, but windows would be 18 weeks out.
Counterpoint
AG
Txag17 said:

John Smith is local, very fairly priced, and reliable. He just provided a window for me last week. Give him a call 979-224-2586.

Would he also replace just the glass? (I have a broken pane)
double b
AG
For those that used WW, did you see any improvement with your energy bills?
Hornbeck
I've got 4 that need to be replaced, due to gasket failure. So, Navasota Glass and Mirror, or Enercon?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.