Local bank recommendations

5,431 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1.618
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've been with Wells Fargo and all their previous iterations at Briarcrest and the bypass for over 30 years. Have credit cards and checking/savings accounts and have financed cars and homes through them. We've always been treated well.
Coach Dub
You are the first person I've ever met who had good things to say about Wells Fargo. Everyone in the real estate and mortgage industries say WF is by far the worst company to deal with. After having had WF buy more mortgage on every home I've owned (without ZERO input or consent from the customer) and proceed to screw me with fees and horrid customer service by hourly workers on the east coast who get paid no matter what they do or don't do, I feel like I have a pretty representative perspective.

BTW, why doesn't a customer have the right to choose who they do business with? Why should a customer be forced to waste money refinancing when an objectionable company purchases their mortgage? Why shouldn't the customer have the right to reject a potential purchase of their mortgage?
halibut sinclair
Coach Dub said:

You are the first person I've ever met who had good things to say about Wells Fargo.
I really doubt that.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Spirit of Texas Bank. Love them
In the 5000+ pages of loan documents that you sign at closing, there is a page that gives the lender the option to sell the loan. It does not say when or who they might sell it to, but you do give blanket permission for the loan to be sold. If you don't sign the document, you don't get the loan so it is not like you really have a choice as you sit at the closing table.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.