Best Mexican Food in Bryan/College Station

16,720 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Esteban du Plantier
tb9665
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Molinas in Fulshear or on Westheimer in Houston has great enchiladas topped with chili cone carne.
MiMi
S
Esteban du Plantier said:

Does anyone around here have good enchiladas topped with chili con carne instead of gravy? I'm from north Texas and never saw gravy until coming here.

Chuy's has a Tex-Mex sauce that is a red Chile sauce with chili con carne.
halibut sinclair

Does anyone around here have good enchiladas topped with chili con carne instead of gravy? I'm from north Texas and never saw gravy until coming here.
El Memo at Casa Rod.
Hornbeck
Polly's isn't anything earth shattering, but we wind up there a lot. We used to go to Jose's fairly often, but it seems to be in a decline the last several times we've gone. Taco Crave in Bryan is real good, but a long drive for us.
FlyRod
Virtually all of what we have as sit down restaurants are Tex Mex. For Mex-Mex, honestly, gas station taquerias are your best bet (and we are blessed with many good ones).
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FlyRod said:

Virtually all of what we have as sit down restaurants are Tex Mex. For Mex-Mex, honestly, gas station taquerias are your best bet (and we are blessed with many good ones).

Amen.

The skeezier looking a joint is, the better the food.

AggiePhil
AG
halibut sinclair said:

El Memo at Casa Rod.

No, El Mobley.
halibut sinclair
AggiePhil said:

halibut sinclair said:

El Memo at Casa Rod.

No, El Mobley.

You are wrong, sir.
Bill Clinternet
AG
88agg said:

Jose's on Texas Avenue
pure garbage.

For good texmex the closest is La Casita in Navasota.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
halibut sinclair
Bill Clinternet said:

88agg said:

Jose's on Texas Avenue
pure garbage.

For good texmex the closest is La Casita in Navasota.

Thanks for weighing in.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
AggiePhil said:

halibut sinclair said:

El Memo at Casa Rod.

No, El Mobley.

"El Mobley
$7.25
bed of rice covered with your choice of beef or chicken fajita served with grilled onions and queso. topped with avocado slices and your choice of tortillas."

El Memo at top center.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.