Need electrician recommendations

2,258 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by keo1
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've got some issues I need to get taken care of but not sure who to call in CS. Thanks.
JP76
J&L electric

979 218 4874
halibut sinclair
Elite
classicdoug
AG
Elite Electric
maddiedou
AG
Explain what is going on or what are you wanting done

Maybe cheaper to just have a handy man or advice and you can do yourself
maddiedou
rc_cat
maddiedou said:

Thanks - it's to find/fix a problem - have already exhausted our (extremely) limited google/do it yourself resources - and since this 70's wiring is such a peach, I'd feel more comfortable with an electrician rather than a handy-man.
EliteElectric
rc_cat said:

maddiedou said:

Thanks - it's to find/fix a problem - have already exhausted our (extremely) limited google/do it yourself resources - and since this 70's wiring is such a peach, I'd feel more comfortable with an electrician rather than a handy-man.
Well that and it's technically illegal for a "handyman" to do it. TDLR requires all work to be performed by a TDLR licensed and insured electrical contractor.

My advice is to hire someone reputable. You don't have to hire us, hire one of our competitors, just hire someone licensed and insured, it may cost you a few more dollars but 99% of the time that is money well spent.

Not to throw shade at handymen/people/persons, but, they don't always have the tools, experience and education an electrician has, and if they are unlicensed and uninsured you are SOL if they don't perform the job properly.

Chase
AG
EliteElectric said:

rc_cat said:

maddiedou said:

Well that and it's technically illegal for a "handyman" to do it. TDLR requires all work to be performed by a TDLR licensed and insured electrical contractor.

My advice is to hire someone reputable. You don't have to hire us, hire one of our competitors, just hire someone licensed and insured, it may cost you a few more dollars but 99% of the time that is money well spent.

Not to throw shade at handymen/people/persons, but, they don't always have the tools, experience and education an electrician has, and if they are unlicensed and uninsured you are SOL if they don't perform the job properly.

This is good advice.

As a Texas homeowner, you are allowed to work on your own home but otherwise it should be a licensed electrician. If you don't have the background to work on your own or are not comfortable doing so, find a reputable company you do feel comfortable with so you have the experience and insurance to protect you and your home.

I don't know Elite or believe I know anyone working there but they are obviously getting several recommendations above. If you are looking for others, I can highly recommend Tommy @ Aggeland Electric.

Best of luck!
keo1
AG
Casiano Electric has been doing work for me for years. They are knowledgeable friendly and do great work
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.