Suddenlink Auto Pay

5,193 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by texasaggie04
RedmanATM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My auto pay evidently got wiped out last month and never was made aware. Now it won't let me pay online and restart auto pay.

Anyone else having this issue?
aggiemom89
I don't have auto pay but I never got an invoice email saying my bill was due so now my payment is late .
RedmanATM
AG
They are telling me since I have a balance I can't pay online. You have to pay by phone or at the store. Pretty ridiculous.
MisterShipWreck
I heard of the news yesterday or the day before that Suddenlink is supposed to credit late fees that are related to their upgrade - where people could not pay.

You will probably have to call to ask for it, however
texasaggie04
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

I heard of the news yesterday or the day before that Suddenlink is supposed to credit late fees that are related to their upgrade - where people could not pay.

You will probably have to call to ask for it, however

Happened to me, received a $10 late fee for a bill that's setup on auto-pay. Called them about it and they said it'd be fixed. A couple days later I received what looks like a mass email about it. I'd recommend everybody check your bill this month and the next.
rsa
AG
So far no late fees (keeping fingers crossed!), but they did move our autodraft from the 20th of the month to the beginning of the month.
AggieBarstool
Not using autopay, but I never got a notification about my bill.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
How in the **** Suddenlink hangs onto their monopoly here, a city of well above average intelligence/education, is bewildering

Absolute crap company
I don't use autopay, but also never got usual email about bill. I checked my suddenlink acct frequently and there was never a bill posted there either until one day there was and of course it was past due. I paid it immediately and now on my new bill I have a late payment fee. I called a few days ago to complain and they told me they were removing the fee. As of now it still has not been removed. I would gladly pay more to any other company if we had a real choice.
TLIAC
AG
I had the same experience as you. After over an hour on hold, I gave up and chose the option to schedule a call back. I was finally successful in reaching a real person via their online chat who was able to fix my billing. She explained that there had been a major issue with a computer conversion and that all late fees would be waived (nice since my payment was not late). Knowing how they operate, I do imagine that you will have to ask for your fee refund in order to get it back. The funny part is that the next day I received an automated phone call telling me that my return call could not be scheduled at this time and to call back later in the week. I have never had service issues with Suddenlink just billing issues.

That said, we recently bought a house in Florida and our only choice there is a company called Mediacom. I will spare you the details, but it took us 3 service visits and one visit to their office to get our service up and running. It was nuts. I tell people now that my experience with Mediacom makes Suddenlink look like Chick Fil A.
cz308
Suddenlink is the absolute last company I'd put on autopay.
Slagathor
AG
I got an email from Suddenlink on 10/3 that said "Due to a recent technical issue, your EZ Pay payment was not processed on time. This resulted in a late fee. Rest assured, we have already issued a credit for this late fee and you will see it on your next billing statement."

Just checked my statements online, and I was billed a $10 late fee for this billing cycle 9/25-10/24 (just auto-paid on 10/11). And I do in fact have a $10 credit sitting in my account right now. So I guess it will just come off of next month's bill, provided they don't screw up the payment process again.
cz308
mayglan said:

Rest assured, we have already issued a credit for this late fee and you will see it on your next billing statement."

Rest assured indeed. Suddenlink is on it...
Eliminatus
AG
Welp, looks like my bill was doubled this month. Was about to raise a conniption but after checking, turns out my autopay last month never went through.

No notification whatsoever. Quite the surprise to me I must say.

Turned off autopay immediately.

It's a small thing really, but on top of everything else I can definitively say that I hate Suddenlink.
nwspmp
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

How in the **** Suddenlink hangs onto their monopoly here, a city of well above average intelligence/education, is bewildering

Absolute crap company
Sadly, it's not going to likely change either.

https://blog.cstx.gov/2019/10/15/why-dont-we-have-more-cable-and-internet-options/
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
nwspmp said:

SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Absolute crap company

https://blog.cstx.gov/2019/10/15/why-dont-we-have-more-cable-and-internet-options/

Hilarious, then, that a cities in the RGV have a choice between (at a minimum) Spectrum and ATT. Some places even more.

How far can we be from wireless?
AG
What an absolute ****show. I called to cancel my tv service back around labor day and noticed on my latest bill that I am still being charged. I called them this morning (on hold for 45 minutes) and was told they have no record of my requesting cancellation. They said if it happened during the software conversion there would be no record. They also have no record of me returning my cable box. In order to resolve the situation I would need to talk to retention and they don't open until 9.

lol ... what a joke of a company.
nwspmp
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

nwspmp said:

SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Absolute crap company

Hilarious, then, that a cities in the RGV have a choice between (at a minimum) Spectrum and ATT. Some places even more.

How far can we be from wireless?
If I had to guess, since I don't know the architecture in the RGV, I'd guess that Spectrum delivers service over coax plant, and ATT delivers service over copper pair type lines. (Edit: Just looked up the area and that's what it is...)

If that's the case, then the problem here is that Verizon and now Frontier have pretty much let the copper infrastructure here deteriorate to almost nothing. DSL service has always been slow here and kind of an afterthought. I don't know specifics, but if I had to guess, I'd guess that the copper plant here was put in right before widespread DSL availability, in the time when analog to digital conversion was taking over more. While this was great for voice, some of these systems weren't compatible with DSL and were costly to install and costly to replace. I'm guessing that these are what we have, and that they just decided to not really make any changes.

There's also population density; McAllen, Weslaco, Pharr, Mission - Just those cities within a 20 mile end-to-end stretch are almost 350,000 population. Hildalgo County is around 850,000. Bryan/College Station simple isn't large enough; All of Brazos county is around 200,000.

Frontier is available, at a maximum of 6mbps, and good luck getting it. Not nearly high enough to support delivery of video service as well, and Frontier doesn't provide video service in any of their service areas (that I know of). There's a large amount of business setup, licensing, carry agreements, etc needed to do that, even if you had the last mile.

My future looking hat says that the next real deployment of broadband will come from wireless based services, either through terrestrial providers or low-Earth orbit high-density constellation satellite provision, or most likely a mix between the two.

Retrofitting or designing new infrastructure probably isn't going to happen. The cost is simply too high per likely customer and there's no real local-competitor-sized-company accessible government money to help subsidize these expansions (that was all used up by the big Telcos in the 90s or so).

Areas that have a high enough population count and density will see some hard line infrastructure (cost per customer is there and high-density wireless is still spotty on quality of provided service) but most any county lower than 750k or city under 250k probably won't see any non-muni provided broadband or video services. The financials simply don't add up. I'd certainly LOVE another option in-town, but I'm not holding my breath.
meteoag
nm
aginresearch
AG
I just checked my bill that is on autopay and sure enough I am past due. I chatted with them and they have no ETA on a resolution. It does also appear if you are carrying a balance that you are unable to pay online.

When offered other payment options I told them this is unacceptable since I did not cause this issue and was never notified about it as well.

I am awaiting their response on payment options. I am inclined to refuse payment until they resolve their own self inflicted issue. I think if enough customers refused payment until Suddenlink resolved this issue it would get their attention.
localag242
Did I miss a rate increase was going in effect by the way? New bill jumped up with multitude of fees.
texasaggie04
AG
My bill this month was less than normal so looks like mine got corrected after I chatted with them from last month.
Turkey
AG
I went into SuddenLink about 3 weeks ago because our bill did not auto charge to my credit card like it is supposed to (I just happened to notice it). The lady said that they stitched to an entirely new billing/account/whatever system, and doing this wiped out/screwed up the auto pay settings and whatever else. I asked if this happened to all customers. She said yes. Apparently, Suddenlink decided not to tell anyone about this in advance of the problem rearing its ugly head.
texasaggie04
AG
localag242 said:

Did I miss a rate increase was going in effect by the way? New bill jumped up with multitude of fees.

Also this is normal, sadly. Bill just goes up without warning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.