welder / fabricator

2,304 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jhermon
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to repair the yoke for my shredder tail wheel. Anyone no a good shop in BCS?
samsal75
AG
Brazos Industries off Shiloh in Bryan.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
2nd Brazos Industries.
maddiedou
AG
Cole. I have seen you reapond to a couple of welding post

What kind of welding do you do
maddiedou
IWannaGoFast1
AG
BCStalk
That's an interesting thing to have. I've been in the industry for 17 years and you don't see a lot of it anymore. What is your machining capacity and what software do y'all use for designing?
cavscout96
AG
Thanks for the rec's everyone!
IWannaGoFast1
AG
It is definitely interesting!
BCStalk
Very cool. We have a VH3 and it's a beast of a mill. We do all our designs and shop drawings in SW. I work for a decent size job shop in Caldwell with everything from a CAT50 open machine with 120"x36"x36 of travel to a 5 axis rotary tilt mill. Definitely just a cool industry to be in.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Nice!! What kind of work do y'all mostly do?
maddiedou
AG
Well I think you are over qualified for my fireplace assembly outside Although you may only be the one qualified or that can make my idea work. I think I have a pretty cool idea but I need a somebody that can make it work I think this thread has got of topic so I may start a new one
maddiedou
BCStalk
We do a lot of power plant maintenance. We do some work for APF and use them pretty often for laser work. Definitely would like to talk with you. Might be able to use your services in the future. Shoot me an email at Robert at Bwmservices dot cc.
jhermon
BCStalk said:

Very cool. We have a VH3 and it's a beast of a mill. We do all our designs and shop drawings in SW. I work for a decent size job shop in Caldwell with everything from a CAT50 open machine with 120"x36"x36 of travel to a 5 axis rotary tilt mill. Definitely just a cool industry to be in.
I will have to second this, it is a very cool industry to be in. I started as a machinist years ago and it has been a great career.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
I love it!
jhermon
Diversification is the key to survival in our area. I am glad to hear that you were able to do so prior to the collapse and not be dependent on the energy sector. I am not a day to day machinist anymore and have the luxury of visiting shops throughout the country and I am fortunate to get to see amazing parts and equally amazing technology daily. The materials, tooling and software have come such a long ways in the past 20 years, it is hard to remember writing programs by hand and using high speed steel end mills!
IWannaGoFast1
AG
What kind of work did you used to do, and what do you do now? Sounds pretty cool!
Hammerheadjim
AG
Core Industries
Ask for Miles.
He is one of my Machine shop technicians and handles all of our welding projects. He has his own company and loves to do small odd and end jobs all the way to structural steel.

core.cmw@gmail.com
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
oldag76
AG
Barlcustomwelding@gmail.com
Lance- has a truck mounted machine. Built and installed my gate. Off duty fireman. Very dependable and fairly priced,
jhermon
I started off in a shop from the ground floor up, running and learning manual lathes, mills, press brakes, etc. Did a lot of fab work and tig welding as well, all part time while going to college. Dropped out due to needing to put diapers on kids and having the chance to grow in the trade. Learned to program CNC lathes by reading the Fanuc manuals and started focusing on opportunities machining completion tools. Once productive, we bought CNC Mills and I was able to learn them and started growing from there. When I left the shop. we had grown to have 22 CNC machines and I programmed each and was manager for the shop.

Opportunity came along to work as an Application Engineer at a Machine Tool Distributor and train people how to operate the new equipment that we sold as well as do some turn-key projects. This led to a move into sales in 2010 and I have had some success, basically due to my hands-on experience. I now manage our sales team as well as our Applications Department. We represent Japanese, German and Spanish builders and have machines throughout the country and the world, primarily at companies focused on oil-field manufacturing.

Sorry for the long-winded biography, but, in a nutshell, it has been a great career and I have no regrets. Hard work and excelling at a trade can take you a long way. Easy to get passionate about a trade that requires perfection!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.