Land Serveyor - Recomendations

3,181 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ElephantRider
Outlaw0206
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need about an acre or so surveyed in the CS area. Anyone have a good rec on who they have used?
UmustBKidding
Henry mayo at Joe Orr inc.

ratfacemcdougal
Adam with ATM
Bill Robbins
AG
I recommend:

Adam Wallace

http://atmsurveying.com/index.html

ag009
AG
Kerr Surveying!
SARATOGA
ATM DOES QUALITY WORK.

Kerr, Garrett, Williams - ALL NO.

Make sure that your surveyor personally goes to each corner point and verifies with a clean line of sight to the last corner/point/callout.

I've had surveyors just say "yep same as the last one" without marking all corners, or verifying with sightlines from corner to corner.

Don't give me this "1300 feet N.E. AT 42 degrees" business. Establish the line and mark it as such.

"There is too much brush"

"It is too wet"

Do your job ! Get chopping or get some waders.

/EndRant
Outlaw0206
AG
Thanks guys, was able to make contact with Adam
CS78
Outlaw0206 said:

Thanks guys, was able to make contact with Adam

Good luck getting in touch with him later. I had major communication issues along with some nastitude when I asked if I could meet the surveyor at the property when it was being done. In my experience, atm is an overbooked discount surveying company. They also made a significant error on an elevation certificate. I switched to Kerr and have been very happy. A little more money but well spent. They actually answer the phone, return emails, etc.
Zaiquiri
AG
Kling always had the tightest rods when I was surveying (for a different company). If I was back in the area and needed a survey, I'd call him or the company he is with now.
ATM, Carlomagno, and Mayo all seemed ok.
Garret was a joke. Kerr recently had a field crew turnover. No idea how their work is now.
SCHTICK00
AG
SARATOGA said:

ATM DOES QUALITY WORK.

Kerr, Garrett, Williams - ALL NO.

Make sure that your surveyor personally goes to each corner point and verifies with a clean line of sight to the last corner/point/callout.

I've had surveyors just say "yep same as the last one" without marking all corners, or verifying with sightlines from corner to corner.

Don't give me this "1300 feet N.E. AT 42 degrees" business. Establish the line and mark it as such.

"There is too much brush"

"It is too wet"

Do your job ! Get chopping or get some waders.

/EndRant

You looking for a land clearing company, or surveyor? The job is to measure corner monuments and the boundary.
Outlaw0206
AG
Great feedback. Haven't pulled the trigger with anyone yet. Was surprised at how many people did not answer the phone. ATM was actually the only one thus far who did get back to me.
Slawster
I've been doing construction only surveying for 20 years. I trust Brad Kerrs corners over the rest.
Also it is completely acceptable to not chop line all the way down the property line. Nobody uses the old equipment anymore. You are basically asking them to triple the amount of time spent doing the survey. Which will reflect in the price.
EBrazosAg
AG
Surprised no one mentioned Strong. Been 15 years since I used them, but used a lot for a good 3 years and never had problems. Seemed prompt and reasonable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SCHTICK00
AG
Slawster said:

I've been doing construction only surveying for 20 years. I trust Brad Kerrs corners over the rest.
Also it is completely acceptable to not chop line all the way down the property line. Nobody uses the old equipment anymore. You are basically asking them to triple the amount of time spent doing the survey. Which will reflect in the price.

You've got me by 7 years, but I also do only construction surveying and agree 100% with everything you said. We probably know each other
birdman
Billy Weiser in Giddings
RAMunger83
AG
Outlaw - please contact me if you still need some help. I know 'em all and I'm not going to spout off here publically.
jaypop
Jones|Carter
ask for Chris Curtis or James Johnson.
You get what you pay for.
maddiedou
AG
RAMunger83 said:

Outlaw - please contact me if you still need some help. I know 'em all and I'm not going to spout off here publically.

How do you contact you. I tried pm
maddiedou
maroon barchetta
Zaiquiri said:

Kling always had the tightest rods when I was surveying (for a different company). If I was back in the area and needed a survey, I'd call him or the company he is with now.
ATM, Carlomagno, and Mayo all seemed ok.
Garret was a joke. Kerr recently had a field crew turnover. No idea how their work is now.

Kling did the survey on our property and it was done well. I worked in land surveying for a long while and Kling provided a good quality plat and markings in the field.
ElephantRider
AG
Stuart is retired now. His rods were great when he actually set them…
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.