Guy that is always at Rock Prairie and Longmire

4,407 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TheOC16
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been seeing a man at this intersection for months. He just hangs out at the wells Fargo. Anyone know his story?
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
he was dancing in his boxers a couple weeks ago as I drove through. when I drove back through cops were talking to him.
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably released from a Rock Prairie Behavioral Health and has nowhere to go.
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I work right by there. I see him almost everyday. A lot of days has some type of alcohol with him. Some days he's just sleeping on the corner or further up on Longmire, across from Walgreens. Actually didn't see him this week now that I think about it. All that to say, I usually wave at him and he waves back when I'm in my work truck. But a lot of times he is yelling/staring at vehicles as they drive by. It's an odd situation. He sits by Wolf Creek oil change sometimes and drinks too.
duffelpud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's an urban outdoorsman.
"What's this button do?"
cz308
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He was on the corner of Rock Prairie & the feeder road this afternoon & it looked like CSPD was parked in the gas station parking lot talking to him. No clue. I feel bad for him, but the whole alcohol thing makes me not want to help him.
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ghost of Bart, RIP. He thinks he's at GB and Wellborn.
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The older man who used to hang on the street poles passed on? His name was Bart?
I used to wave at him - seemed like a nice fellow.
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been noticing him for a while and wondering why the hell CSPD just lets him hang out there. I have also noticed a few homeless people hanging around the last year or so. I am all for helping people that need help but you just can not let people monger around here as they please. Thats one thing this city does not need to let happen. The last thing College Station needs is a growing homeless population. Not only is it not a good look for the city but is brings crime with it which is already starting happen to damn often here.
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They "let him" because he isn't doing anything illegal. He may be weird and maybe annoying but this isn't the movies where the cops can just tell people to get out of town. This may come as a shock but homeless people have all the same constitutional rights you and I do.
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where does he sleep at night I wonder?
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
How would a homeless person buy a firearm without having a permanent address?
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Private sale. Also, "purchase from a store" isn't included in the second amendment last I checked.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I knew that was easy, I just wanted to poke you a little.
Marlin39m
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He hangs out there because it is pretty lucrative for him. Lots of people buy him food and give him money. The same with the couple that hang out by Arby's. Those two have been offered all kinds of work and opportunities but they don't want it. This community is filled with good and generous people that want to help. Some people know that and take advantage of the goodness of others.
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No worries! This isn't fun if we can't poke each other every now and then!
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fonzie Scheme said:

Ghost of Bart, RIP. He thinks he's at GB and Wellborn.


Bart passed?
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty sure Bart is just fine.
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What about George, aka Sarge, the guy who would walk wearing Marine dress blues or sometimes a dress with a helmet on? It has been months since I have seen him. He used to walk but then began riding a bike everywhere. I always tried to talk with him when he was at HEB or Kroger when I was there. Seemed like a kindly guy who would never ask for money.
"Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a pretty cool hand"
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cslifer said:

They "let him" because he isn't doing anything illegal. He may be weird and maybe annoying but this isn't the movies where the cops can just tell people to get out of town. This may come as a shock but homeless people have all the same constitutional rights you and I do.
So when were you homeless?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
coopers hawk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw George at Target about a month ago. I think he's been living rough somewhere in Wolf Pen Creek. There's another gentleman whose name escapes me that often asked me for the weather report after emerging from the bushes at Bee Creek, when he couldn't make it to the library. He seems to be posted up by Lupita's Coffee lately.
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have to say I have seen some strange responses on here but that takes the cake.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrandoC said:

I have been noticing him for a while and wondering why the hell CSPD just lets him hang out there. I have also noticed a few homeless people hanging around the last year or so. I am all for helping people that need help but you just can not let people monger around here as they please. Thats one thing this city does not need to let happen. The last thing College Station needs is a growing homeless population. Not only is it not a good look for the city but is brings crime with it which is already starting happen to damn often here.
Homeless populations accompany growth. CStat has wanted to grow and grow and grow. But with growth comes things like homeless people, older apartment complexes lowering rent, and other challenges. It's too bad present population levels can't be regulated into a permanent static number. I suspect the city will see a lot more growth challenges like this in the years ahead.
lost my dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

BrandoC said:

I have been noticing him for a while and wondering why the hell CSPD just lets him hang out there. I have also noticed a few homeless people hanging around the last year or so. I am all for helping people that need help but you just can not let people monger around here as they please. Thats one thing this city does not need to let happen. The last thing College Station needs is a growing homeless population. Not only is it not a good look for the city but is brings crime with it which is already starting happen to damn often here.
Homeless populations accompany growth. CStat has wanted to grow and grow and grow. But with growth comes things like homeless people, older apartment complexes lowering rent, and other challenges. It's too bad present population levels can't be regulated into a permanent static number. I suspect the city will see a lot more growth challenges like this in the years ahead.
Regulating growth by restricting housing development? That sounds like something California would do!
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lost my dog said:

techno-ag said:

BrandoC said:

I have been noticing him for a while and wondering why the hell CSPD just lets him hang out there. I have also noticed a few homeless people hanging around the last year or so. I am all for helping people that need help but you just can not let people monger around here as they please. Thats one thing this city does not need to let happen. The last thing College Station needs is a growing homeless population. Not only is it not a good look for the city but is brings crime with it which is already starting happen to damn often here.
Homeless populations accompany growth. CStat has wanted to grow and grow and grow. But with growth comes things like homeless people, older apartment complexes lowering rent, and other challenges. It's too bad present population levels can't be regulated into a permanent static number. I suspect the city will see a lot more growth challenges like this in the years ahead.
Regulating growth by restricting housing development? That sounds like something California would do!
Yup. It's unfortunate it doesn't work. Look at Austin refusing to build highways in an effort to control growth.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgTrip said:

Where does he sleep at night I wonder?
I have seen him sleeping/passed out behind and in front of the Masonic Lodge.
befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
turfman80 said:

What about George, aka Sarge, the guy who would walk wearing Marine dress blues or sometimes a dress with a helmet on? It has been months since I have seen him. He used to walk but then began riding a bike everywhere. I always tried to talk with him when he was at HEB or Kroger when I was there. Seemed like a kindly guy who would never ask for money.
I saw George last week near Target on Tx. Ave.
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the info!
"Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a pretty cool hand"
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
he's MIA maybe he is locked up
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

he's MIA maybe he is locked up



Which one? I saw curb lounger yesterday morning at RP and Longmire. He was sitting against the signal control box.

I asked a PD friend about him a while back. Nothing of note, other than the obvious mental issues.
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw him today and then 2 cops came and were talking with him as he sat near the Wolf Creek Car Wash. not sure what happened but they were still there when I left, about 20-30 mins later.
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrandoC said:

I have been noticing him for a while and wondering why the hell CSPD just lets him hang out there. I have also noticed a few homeless people hanging around the last year or so. I am all for helping people that need help but you just can not let people monger around here as they please. Thats one thing this city does not need to let happen. The last thing College Station needs is a growing homeless population. Not only is it not a good look for the city but is brings crime with it which is already starting happen to damn often here.
Monger??
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.