Dogs in Grocery Stores

6,821 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BQ_90
RGRAg1/75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cslifer said:

Exactly, just a woman with a dog in a restaurant. He implied that because of who she was she needs it. Nobody needs or is entitled to a pet in a restaurant.

I took it as him implying she needs it bc her husband was murdered. Not bc of who her husband is, which is what you implied.

I'm not saying I'm in agreement with her having a dog in the restaurant, or any widow whose husband was murdered for that matter. Just clarifying that I don't think he was saying his opinion changed because the deceased was Chris Kyle.

I think if you need an emotional support animal to go out to eat, maybe you should just dine in. Idc who you are or what emotions you have.
Thisguy1
I work at a Vet clinic and I had a girl ask if we could say her pit wasn't a full pit the other day (which is usually so people can keep it at their apartment). Her words, "It's ok if y'all can't. I'll just register it as a support animal if not."

Another girl who was a tech up there a while back brought her roommate's dog up there one time for shots. It had a service dog vest on so I asked her what service it provided and she said they just bought that off amazon so she could keep it at her apartment.
legalbird
My 18 pound cat makes me feel good when I go grocery shopping.
BrazosDog02
AG
I always found that a service dog and a support animal were pretty easily identified. I used to work with a guy that had a REAL service dog. Not that it makes a single iota is difference, but the owner was a veteran and suffered from ptsd of some sort. The dog was purchased and trained for his service. Anyway, the dog did wear a vest and it was CLEARLY A WORKING DOG. The dog did not acknowledge other people, it stated clearly not to touch, or pet the dog, etc.

Support animals literallylook like someone brought their pet with them. They look exactly like my dog when I used to take him to Home Depot for socialization. He wagged, he liked being pet, he tangled me up with his leash, he was "just a dog".

Vulcan
Just wait until someone needs multiple support animals for multiple issues. There will be more dogs than people in HEB.
songstress
Just putting this article here about Taya Kyle's dog. Also, one of Sully H.W. Bush's most important commands was "rest," where he put his head on the president's lap to provide comfort.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/taya-kyle-surviving-grief-with-help-from-southeastern-guide-dogs

Is there abuse? Yes, but the truth is that none of us know what is really going on inside someone.
agnerd
AG
Exactly! Best example of a real service dog I've seen was at Olsen for a baseball game with someone coming down the aisle and the guy 2 seats over asks him to watch out for his dog. THERE'S A FULL GROWN LAB LAYING UNDER THE TINY OLSEN BLEACHERS THAT I DIDN'T KNOW WAS 2 SEATS AWAY FROM ME UNTIL THE 5TH INNING!!! Might not have ever known the dog was there if nobody got up from their seat. There's a huge and obvious difference between a real service dog and all the "emotional support" animals.
BQ_90
AG
agnerd said:

Exactly! Best example of a real service dog I've seen was at Olsen for a baseball game with someone coming down the aisle and the guy 2 seats over asks him to watch out for his dog. THERE'S A FULL GROWN LAB LAYING UNDER THE TINY OLSEN BLEACHERS THAT I DIDN'T KNOW WAS 2 SEATS AWAY FROM ME UNTIL THE 5TH INNING!!! Might not have ever known the dog was there if nobody got up from their seat. There's a huge and obvious difference between a real service dog and all the "emotional support" animals.
No doubt. I might have been in that same section. I know last year, year before last, can't remember; Army Vet came to several games with his service dog. Obviously with kids around, they see a dog and want to play, pet it, etc. Which he let them pet the dog, but then it was explained that this dog isn't a pet and it's working. Kids understood that. But then the dog laid down and nobody knew it was there. Well except for the one game the guy dumped his drink over and the dog gotta pepsi bath.

The ones I've seen that are true service dogs aren't treated like pets. Most the ones I see around town are in bags or jumping all over people; they are pets....
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.