College Station Mercedes Dealership

6,846 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieKatie2
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know when they'll be up and running?

Nothing on their website about an opening.

Thanks.
cslifer
I would assume they would have to finish building it first...
Carny89
lol
Muzzleblast
Captain Obvious
75AG
AG
Heard Jan 1 was the target date, but more likely late Feb or March. Same for BMW.
Mathguy64
AG
I was in getting service the other day andthey were saying that they hoped to move in sometime in Feb.
ratfacemcdougal
Just keep driving it....don't worry about that leak.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Eager to see how this turns out. Went into an MB dealership in N Houston the other day and was blown away by the model vehicles that greeted me at the entrance. So many amazing looking cars.
techno-ag
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Eager to see how this turns out. Went into an MB dealership in N Houston the other day and was blown away by the model vehicles that greeted me at the entrance. So many amazing looking cars.
Absolutely. I think we were one of the largest markets without one.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Tailgate88
AG
On a somewhat similar note, I assume the Toyota dealership here is fully qualified to perform any maintenance on a Lexus? And Honda with Acura? I've always wondered about that...
OnlyANobody
It seems at some point, there was talk of Lexus "authorizing" for lack of a better word, Toyota Service Centers to perform maintenance. I don't know if that ever became a thing or not. I take ours to Atkinson (although I'm not a huge fan, but it's convenient) for regular oil changes, tire rotations and the like. But, for major things, tune ups, et cetera, I drive to the Lexus dealership. The work done at Toyota does not come up in their system and they just about panic every time, until I show them that the maintenance has all been done here in a timely fashion.
TRIPLE 7
AG
Not so fast....local Toyota does no warrenty work....or so I've been told!
OnlyANobody
Not sure if your response is to me, but if so, that was my (probably poorly made) point. What I do at Toyota is regular maintenance, but the Lexus dealership does not know about it until I tell them it's done. I do major things and warranty work at the Lexus dealership. They have never faulted me or denied warranty work due to oil changes and tire rotations at Toyota.
TRIPLE 7
AG
All True!!
JMac03
AG
When I had my Acura I had to go to Houston to get it serviced. Honda wouldn't touch any warranty work. I finally got rid of it.
Tailgate88
AG
So what you're saying is I have an excuse to go to Houston and have Dim Sum for lunch three or four times a year.
CN
Any update as to when they're opening?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
CN said:

Any update as to when they're opening?
I'm guessing its gotta be within the next 2 weeks. Just gota get the cars in.
legalbird
The most difficult part will be the service levels.

Mercedes is big on customer surveys and feedback.
techno-ag
AG
The best part is people can buy one in Houston and have it serviced here now.
halibut sinclair
Supporting the local economy.
CN
I've got a check engine light and I'm debating on whether to go out of town or wait for local dealership.
australopithecus robustus
Is it warranty work? If not, I've been taking mine to Aggieland automotive and honestly they have been great.

This is not to say I won't use the dealership as a future asset, but AA has been very good.
CN
It's the mass air flow sensor so it should be warranty work. I've been using Autowerks for the non-warranty work and MB of the Woodlands for everything else.
Ag Mom 91
S
I drove by the soon-to-be Mercedes dealership this morning, and workers were still present outside and inside. Workers outside were working in the front of the parking lot. Was thinking maybe they were open when I saw a neon lit-up 'X' over the Service bay. It looks like they are a couple weeks away from opening, at least.

The BMW dealership next door is open now and has a fleet of new BMW's in front.
techno-ag
AG
Ag Mom 91 said:

I drove by the soon-to-be Mercedes dealership this morning, and workers were still present outside and inside. Workers outside were working in the front of the parking lot. Was thinking maybe they were open when I saw a neon lit-up 'X' over the Service bay. It looks like they are a couple weeks away from opening, at least.

The BMW dealership next door is open now and has a fleet of new BMW's in front.
The BMW dealership was already here so it was prolly easier to move shop equipment & inventory.
halibut sinclair
Prolly so.
AggieKatie2
AG
Last time I was in the BMW dealership they told me April 22nd for Benz, but obviously that didn't work out.
Muzzleblast
Called them. Just a message so I emailed them. Let's see if they respond.
litig8r187
AG
I'm really wondering if they will be able to live up to M-B and BMW buyers expectations in their service department. I've got a Gensis and haven't been at all happy with the service there. I've had to take it to Conroe several times to get things done right. I understand Genesis has declined them a separate Genesis dealership at this point.

I would really hope they could live up to expectations. I'm in the market for 2 new cars and would seriously consider a BMW or M-B for one or both but I'm skeptical (as my Genesis sits at the Hyundai service department here going on 3 weeks)
Alte Schule
litig8r187 said:

I'm really wondering if they will be able to live up to M-B and BMW buyers expectations in their service department. I've got a Gensis and haven't been at all happy with the service there. I've had to take it to Conroe several times to get things done right. I understand Genesis has declined them a separate Genesis dealership at this point.

I would really hope they could live up to expectations. I'm in the market for 2 new cars and would seriously consider a BMW or M-B for one or both but I'm skeptical (as my Genesis sits at the Hyundai service department here going on 3 weeks)
Sitting at the service department for three weeks? Man, I would be livid. If you don't mind me asking is it that they can't get the parts or diagnose the problem?

I have had a Genesis 5.0 for three years (the last year it was a Hyundai brand) and have had a zero problems with it. Drove it up Pikes Peak and over the Continental Divide without a hiccup.

I'm 50/50 on their service department though. If it's just an oil change I'm OK but when I go for the required service intervals their attempts to up sell me on parts I don't need or can replace myself is irritating but I do understand that they are a dealership so I know that's the game.

Barring something catastrophic happening mechanically to my current Genesis I'll probably be looking at buying another in a couple years and was hoping the the new building would meet the requirements for a stand alone Genesis dealership.
https://www.digitaldealer.com/hyundai-dealers-accept-new-genesis-franchise-offer/
Muzzleblast
Opening Monday. General Manager answered my email.
litig8r187
AG
I love the Genesis. Mine is a 2013 R-Spec and is out second one. My wife is really wanting another one. She didn't like the BMW.

The repair is minor. The driver's seat will not go back if you move it too far forward. They replaced the switch. It did it again. Took it back, they replaced the motor. It did it again. Took it back, they replaced the switch, it did it again. Each time I've suggested they look to see if the wiring is binding or may have a short that only happens when the seat is moved forward. Nope, that can't be it. Now they think it's a "limiting switch. At least that's what they thought a week ago. Gonna call tomorrow and see if they got any ideas. Probably end up taking it back over to Conroe. I've had to do that before when they folks here said that there was one problem and it ended up being another.

Like I said, I love the car but hate the service I've got here. Unfortunately, the same folks own VW, Hyundai, Mazda, Ford, BMW, and M-B. If all their service departments are this bad, it limits local choices.

Also, as I mentioned, Genesis had denied them a stand alone Genesis dealership. I was told it was because of problems with service.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
litig8r187 said:

Yep, the BMW service here used to be absolutely horrendous!! Then somebody bought them out and the new service department has improved a lot from the previous owner!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
MB is open but no G Wagons. If they had G Wagons I'd totally buy one. That's the only thing keeping me from buying one .
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.