Century Square Parking Punishment (CSPP)

12,286 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cyp0111
fastsloth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So it has now been long enough where some people have received all of the parking warnings they are supposed to get and then parked yet again without paying. My question is: Has anyone actually been towed or booted? Asking for a friend....
basketaggie
AG
following,,,, did you have a towing experience?
SoTheySay
S
Haven't been ticketed but was recently held hostage in the garage for 30 minutes.
Jetty
AG
Wondering the same... anybody been towed?
Jetty
AG
Do Tell!!
EvenPar
AG
We received a $10 citation the other day and it says you MUST pay online with credit card at laz.collegestation.rmcpay.com

Says we have 30 days to pay or it goes up to $20 and after that up to $30. Further infractions may result in towing according to the citation.

Anyone else receive one? How much do the meters charge for multiple hours? Less than $10 I hope
fastsloth
Assuming you get three warnings before the citation, which one of the highly trained parking professionals (HTPP) told me was the norm, wouldn't $10 for the citation be less expensive than paying for parking for four visits? Kind of like an all you can park for $10, Golden Grazin' kind of situation. Also less trouble than dealing with meters and estimating your visit time.
JMac03
AG
Rates vary from what I can tell. Sometimes its $1/hr, sometimes its $2/hr. I thought they had increased across the board, but Thursday it was $1/hr during lunch.

Now multiple hours I am not sure, it used to be $1/hr and $5 for 2 hours. I pay on my phone now so I can renew as needed.
Tookieclothespin
AG
Solution:

DON'T GO TO CENTURY SQUARE

(with the exception of Sunday because parking is free)

I doubt it will happen, but I sincerely hope once their leases are up, companies decide to go elsewhere.

It should at least be like a mall garage where you can get validation for reduced rates.
The Anchor
AG
Tookieclothespin said:

Solution:

I doubt it will happen, but I sincerely hope once their leases are up, companies decide to go elsewhere.

It should at least be like a mall garage where you can get validation for reduced rates.

I still fail to understand why anyone would want businesses to fail unless stated businesses are intentionally hurting people. I get it, paying for parking isn't for everyone, but it's not expensive and Century Square is awesome.
SARATOGA
$3.00 for 2 hours isn't bad.

Just saying.
cinag83
At least you can go to Mo's on Friday and they will give you a sticker to validate if you park in the garage.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Was at Century Square last night (Friday). It was packed and I was impressed by the variety of folks there. Obviously lots of college students, but also couples in late 20s/early 30s, families, middle aged and older folks. Definitely appears to be thriving. The Sharetea place had at least 50 people in line out the door.

There are some real flaws with the design for pedestrians and how they are supposed to get around. Leads to a lot of people in the streets and parking area.
gopitt
Love Century Square and all it has to offer. The huge crowds there regularly must feel the same.
If you can't afford a few bucks for parking go to run down Northgate. Oh wait. Their garage charges for parking. Damn.
halibut sinclair
Century Square has once again changed their parking policy. The garage is free every day and Sunday surface parking is free.
techno-ag
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Century Square has once again changed their parking policy. The garage is free every day and Sunday surface parking is free.
Great news for students who don't want to pay for a tag and don't mind walking.
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

halibut sinclair said:

Great news for students who don't want to pay for a tag and don't mind walking.
Yes, there is much rejoicing in Aggieland today.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I am glad to see a more sensible parking policy, but I hope it isn't an indication that the center is struggling.
AggieBarstool
I'm surprised it took them this long to figure out they had their for-pay strategy wrong.

Too bad that, at this point, those of us who stood by our opinion have found equally delicious, accessible, and affordable food elsewhere.

I doubt I'll be eating at Century Square any time soon.
Cyp0111
I think leasing has become an issue with the parking situation. They need to stabilize the center and are about to start moving dirt on the next portion of the project. Getting parking fixed probably was a necessity.

It was a bad policy all the way around and doubling down on the front end was not smart. I have no idea of specifics but imagine Midway has participating leases in place with some retailers and the increased foot traffic from no parking expense would offset the lost parking revenue.
techno-ag
AG
Cyp0111 said:

I think leasing has become an issue with the parking situation. They need to stabilize the center and are about to start moving dirt on the next portion of the project. Getting parking fixed probably was a necessity.

It was a bad policy all the way around and doubling down on the front end was not smart. I have no idea of specifics but imagine Midway has participating leases in place with some retailers and the increased foot traffic from no parking expense would offset the lost parking revenue.
Well said. Add them to a long list of out of town developers who misread this market in one way or another.
legalbird
They need to know that this is not Highland Park in Dallas.

People here are trying to paying property tax. First thing to be cut out would be expensive parking lots that tow or issue tickets.

I would imagine the smaller retail businesses already had enough issues trying to make a profit after paying the lease each month.
AggieBarstool
Cyp0111 said:

the increased foot traffic from no parking expense would offset the lost parking revenue.
Finally... someone who gets it!
halibut sinclair
I get that I don't care about paying a couple bucks to park near someplace I want to go eat and/or drink and will continue to do so if it means I can park close.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Century-Square-announces-parking-garage-is-now-free-508705521.html

Tookieclothespin
AG
The Anchor said:

Tookieclothespin said:

Solution:

I still fail to understand why anyone would want businesses to fail unless stated businesses are intentionally hurting people. I get it, paying for parking isn't for everyone, but it's not expensive and Century Square is awesome.
This has nothing to do with wanting businesses to fail but good job trying to make me seem like a badguy.

If a company decides to go elsewhere, it's not automatically due to failure. They would be doing it to see more success. I think businesses would see MORE traffic without paid parking. The restaurants may not see as much benefit as the retailers, spa, or gym though. I'll give it that.

It is also not 100% about expense but more to do with not seeing the value of going to a business at century square over another location with more convenient and 100% free parking.

If the weather is nice, the garage wouldn't be a bad option but when it's 1000 degrees out or raining? I'll think twice. And the kiosks? yes, walking back and forth between my car in the heat or rain is exactly my idea for the start of a good time.

I'd be curious what prompted the decision to make garage parking free.
Cyp0111
It is economic. Likely trouble getting new leases and lower back end on shared revenue which Midway likes to put in leases.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.