White gowned people pushing carts overfilled with white cloth?

3,914 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Marlin39m
opstx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who are they? What are they doing? Where do they eat and sleep?

Not unusual to see them alongside busy B/CS streets.

Just wondering.
birdman
Homeless. Believe it is mother and son. Muslims from Eritrea or nearby.
opstx
AG
Sigh.
CEAg78
AG
She frequently hangs out around A&M Methodist in Northgate. She has declined help from clergy and lay members.
duffelpud
AG
All that cloth beats the alternative.
"What's this button do?"
summergal
She prefers this lifestyle by choice. She has a son and is mute, again by choice. She is harmless.
CEAg78
AG
summergal said:

She prefers this lifestyle by choice. She has a son and is mute, again by choice. She is harmless.

Except for blocking the sidewalk.
joho
CEAg78 said:

Except for blocking the sidewalk.

A big problem in this town bustling with pedestrians and cyclists!
AgsWin2011
AG
I saw them near Lowe's and Whataburger in the Tower Point area within the last few months. Scared the hell outta me to be honest. They looked either high out of their minds or like they were demented. Almost like something out of a horror flick.
JMac03
AG
There is a huge thread on Facebook about this. Many say it's her boyfriend not her son. Not sure if it is still there, but there was tons of info on a thread on Councilwoman Linda Harvell Facebook page.

It does not appear to be there. There was hundreds of comments on it. She has been around for years, I do know that, but that is about it (other than what I read, which I am unsure if true or not).
Anna Molly
I've seen a man and woman, both slender and the man somewhat tall, dressed up in what I would describe as "Sunday best," pushing a shopping cart as well. They were walking down University in July or August, on a particularly hot afternoon. A while later I saw CSPD talking to them in front of the Shell at Highway 6 and Harvey. I've seen them a few times since, always dressed up, though the clothes look a little worn/shabby.

Anyone know their story? I don't think they are the same as the lady in white. I've seen her for years but I just noticed the others this year. Also, no bundles of white cloth.
s13fenton
Where do the cloths come from?
Marlin39m
Quote:

Anyone know their story? I don't think they are the same as the lady in white. I've seen her for years but I just noticed the others this year. Also, no bundles of white cloth.

Those that can work but choose not to have learned that the good and generous people of College Station give more if you seem eccentric. Ask the lady in white. She will write down an answer instead of just speaking it, which she is fully capable of doing and does on occasion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.