Freeway expansion - 3rd lane

4,257 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://wtaw.com/2018/08/15/bryan-city-council-learns-rudder-freeway-will-be-expanded/

It's happening! The bypass will get a third lane. Construction between 21 & Fitch starting in 2022.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
redd38
AG
I can haz 75mph?
Broncos
What will be done first? 290 construction or 6 construction?
phatpat21
Great news
dave99ag
AG
Hopefully that "considering final action" turns into funded as the expansion will be greatly needed in the coming years.
montegobay
Way to get ahead of the growth
95_Aggie
AG
lol ... by the time they are done there will be a need for 4 lanes
rcannaday
AG
Waiting for that 3rd lane on highway 6
carpe vinum
AG
One more lane for people driving 10 under.
redd38
AG
rcannaday said:

Waiting for that 3rd lane on highway 6

I have good news for you.
91_Aggie
AG
redd38 said:

I can haz 75mph?
no... but now the people that drive 60 to 65 will now have another lane to drive in while not passing anyone.

oh and it probably means all those exits they just re-did will be torn up to make room for new lanes.
techno-ag
AG
91_Aggie said:

redd38 said:

I can haz 75mph?
no... but now the people that drive 60 to 65 will now have another lane to drive in while not passing anyone.

oh and it probably means all those exits they just re-did will be torn up to make room for new lanes.
And the poor souls who have to drive farther south than Fitch. Think of the backups that will occur as the road necks down from 3 lanes to 2.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
91_Aggie
AG
techno-ag said:

91_Aggie said:

redd38 said:

I can haz 75mph?

And the poor souls who have to drive farther south than Fitch. Think of the backups that will occur as the road necks down from 3 lanes to 2.
You serious, Clark?
techno-ag
AG
91_Aggie said:

techno-ag said:

91_Aggie said:

redd38 said:

I can haz 75mph?

You serious, Clark?
Yup. I see it on I35 all the time, and anywhere a highway necks down to fewer lanes. Granted we're not at Interstate volume, but I could see some congestion around 5-6 pm every day.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
91_Aggie
AG
So some congestion at that point for an hour a day is worse than the congestion we have today all the way up to that point?

"hey everyone, there are fixing a problem that will alleviate issues for 90% of the people, but since it won't fix it 100% of the way, I'm going to whine and complain about it."
techno-ag
AG
91_Aggie said:

So some congestion at that point for an hour a day is worse than the congestion we have today all the way up to that point?

"hey everyone, there are fixing a problem that will alleviate issues for 90% of the people, but since it won't fix it 100% of the way, I'm going to whine and complain about it."

Oh no. I'm not saying that at all. I welcome our three lane expansion, as my thumbs up in the OP indicates.

LOL at your reading fail. And those who starred it.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
RGRAg1/75
AG
techno-ag said:

91_Aggie said:

techno-ag said:

91_Aggie said:

redd38 said:

I can haz 75mph?

You serious, Clark?
Yup. I see it on I35 all the time, and anywhere a highway necks down to fewer lanes. Granted we're not at Interstate volume, but I could see some congestion around 5-6 pm every day.

I agree. It should be 3 lanes to peach creek/speedway or the Santa's wonderland place. Doesn't make sense for it to end abruptly at WDF.
KidDoc
AG
2022- by that time we should have flying cars and/or zombie apocalypse so no worries!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oogway
I miss Ornlu. When Ornlu (I'm pretty sure that is the name) used to post here, Ornlu could tell you down to the Lincoln penny how much extra it would cost to extend the road past Fitch to where you refer. I suspect some of their thinking is that the cost would be way too great at a time when there are other roads needing attention.
CrazyAgE
91_Aggie said:

Nah, they'll probably utilize the center median and fill it in with proper drainage and put the concrete dividers down the middle to separate it.
rcannaday
AG
Sorry if I missed this, can you send me a link or provide some info. I must have missed the thread or info.
turfman80
AG
I wonder if adding a third lane will cause them to redo all the entry/exit lanes again.......
summergal
Way to keep up!
Belton Ag
AG
rcannaday said:

Sorry if I missed this, can you send me a link or provide some info. I must have missed the thread or info.
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2968612
Average Joe
AG
This is way too late. With all of the expansion south, it really needs to be three lanes past the speedway. It should be four lanes between Fitch and 21.
Post removed:
by user
redd38
AG
rcannaday said:

This is it!

(Earl Rudder Freeway is Hwy 6)
Carny89
All because of SEC. They had plans to do this earlier. U can see many bridges with the 3rd lane there.
EMY92
AG
I have a feeling that once construction starts, you will not see many thumbs up.
LOYAL AG
AG
carpe vinum said:

One more lane for people driving 10 under.
Yes but now they'll be in the middle lane because that's always the best place for the slowest people on the road!
TheAlarmGuy
Now can we get a Waffle House?
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Oooh. How will this affect the mini-master at Rudder/Tx Ave/Rock Prairie before Barron? Maybe they'll finally do something to keep you people from running little old ladies and children off the road to turn right on Graham. I'm hoping for spike strips or land mines.

In all sincerity, people who do this are terrible human beings.
threecatcorner
It isn't already 3 lanes? Is part of it? I feel like it's that wide when I drive from College Station to Bryan. Is my memory just bad, or am I counting a temporary merging lane as one of the lanes?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.