Resizing an Aggie Ring

12,583 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieBarstool
badbilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems that my ring shrunk, any recommendations to resize it locally or send it back to Balfour?
JMac03
AG
Most jewelers won't touch an Aggie Ring. Here is how you can get it done:

https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/warranty-and-service/
AggieBarstool
badbilly said:

Seems that my ring shrunk, any recommendations to resize it locally or send it back to Balfour?
If anyone works on your ring other than Balfour, it voids your warranty. Not worth it.
techno-ag
AG
Pretty sure when I did this several years ago they just made me a new ring in the bigger size. Either that or they somehow got all the nicks and dents out of the old one.

Anyway, take advantage of Balfour's service.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
agfan92
AG
As mentioned above, take it to the Aggie Ring Office. They'll take care of it.
gettingitdone
I believe you are correct. You don't get back your original ring. They throw it in the hopper with other rings, melt down and make new.
TexasAggie_02
AG
gettingitdone said:

I believe you are correct. You don't get back your original ring. They throw it in the hopper with other rings, melt down and make new.
depends on the amount of wear, and how many sizes up/down you are needing.
AggieBarstool
This is correct: https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/warranty-and-service/
Quote:

Resizing
Rings under warranty can be resized free of charge.
  • Rings can be resized up or down 2 sizes, depending on their condition. If a Ring needs adjusting beyond these limits you must turn in your Ring and have it remade (refer to the "Remake" section below).
  • Resizing your Aggie Ring may require re-engraving your name. If your Ring must be re-engraved the current style will be used. Hand engraving, used prior to 1998, is no longer available.
  • Resizing a Ring not under warranty or that was manufactured prior to 1972 costs $16.24.
  • Resizing and refinishing a Ring not under warranty or that was manufactured prior to 1972 costs $32.48.

Quote:

Ring Finish
If your Ring is under warranty, the original finish will be restored at no charge.
  • If you would like to change the finish on your Ring from Natural to Antique the cost is $16.24.
  • If you would like to change the finish on your Ring from Antique to Natural, a new Ring must be made (refer to the "Remake" section below).
  • If you are changing from white gold to yellow gold (or vice versa), a new Ring must be made (refer to the "Remake" section below).
  • Restoring the original antique finish on a Ring not under warranty or that was manufactured prior to 1972 costs $16.24.

Quote:

Remaking Your Ring
Your Aggie Ring may be traded in for a new Ring. A remake is required if you have an Aggie Ring that is:
  • Damaged beyond repair.
  • Being resized up or down more than 2 sizes, depending on condition.
  • Missing the base, or has become damaged or worn beyond your satisfaction.
  • Changing the Class year
  • Class of '63-'66 and changing the lettering from "College" to "University" (or vice versa).
Remake pricing is as follows:
  • Rings purchased 1998 and after:
    • Men's/Women's 10K or 14K: $50.00
  • Rings purchased prior to 1998 (the entire Ring must be turned in):
    • Men's 10K: $80.00
    • Men's 14K: $90.00
    • Women's 10K: $70.00
    • Women's 14K: $75.00
  • Rings purchased prior to 1998 if the top piece is missing:
    • Men's 10K: $243
    • Men's 14K: $346
    • Women's 10K: $150
    • Women's 14K: $189
Remake Conditions:
  • If you have your Ring remade, you must turn in your Aggie Ring. The same gold will not be used to remake the new Ring.
  • If you have a personal diamond in your Aggie Ring you will need to have it removed prior to having it remade. Balfour will not remove or mount personal diamonds.
  • If changing from 10K to 14K gold, the remake fee plus the current price difference between 10K and 14K gold will be charged.
  • If changing from 14K to 10K gold no refund will be issued.
  • You cannot use another individual's Aggie Ring to remake your Ring. Aggie Ring ownership is non-transferable.
  • Prior to 1998 Aggie Rings were manufactured in two pieces (the band and top piece were soldered together). All Rings manufactured in 1998 and after are made in one solid mold.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.