BBQ Grills

6,643 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BCStalk
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any good places in the area to purchase a good quality charcoal barrel-type grill (not a smoker) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
BCStalk
Academy has Oklahoma Joes that are pretty good. I think they have a non smoker setup. Just bought a gas/smoker combo and so far it's awesome.

Edit: nvm, I just read that again
AggieBarstool
Why a "barrel type" grill and not something simple like a Weber kettle?
The Original AG 76
AG
Believe it or not the grills they have at HEB and sometimes Kroger are decent quality and usually at a very good price. You can also look down at Buc-Ees on 290, they have some damn nice grills outside and pretty good prices.
halibut sinclair
AggieBarstool said:

I'm talking something with 1/4 inch steel or so that will last for decades. The other answer is because that's what I want.
halibut sinclair
The Original AG 76 said:

Believe it or not the grills they have at HEB and sometimes Kroger are decent quality and usually at a very good price. You can also look down at Buc-Ees on 290, they have some damn nice grills outside and pretty good prices.

Was going to check Buc-ee's. Thanks!
java94
AG
Not sure what you consider an "arm and a leg", but 1/4" isn't gonna be cheap anywhere. If you're looking local, Farm Patch usually have several...
halibut sinclair
java94 said:

Not sure what you consider an "arm and a leg", but 1/4" isn't gonna be cheap anywhere. If you're looking local, Farm Patch usually have several...
The $300 one at Farm Patch is too small for our needs. I'd like to stay in the $500-750 range. Something like this, but I'd like to check it out in person before buying. I heard they possibly carry these at Bucee's, so will be taking a trip down that way..

https://www.texasoriginalpits.com/products/grill

I was hoping that somebody here knew of someone locally that made them for sale at their house or something.
BCStalk
I'll be stopping at bucees on the way home today on 290. I'll take a look and see.
halibut sinclair
BCStalk said:

I'll be stopping at bucees on the way home today on 290. I'll take a look and see.
Appreciate it!
Justified
Farm patch in Bryan has a quality Bbq pit or smoker if you change your mind. I Think mine is 20"x26"I paid 350 about 9 years ago but it holding up great.

BCStalk

BCStalk
Looks to be 1/4" for $699
halibut sinclair
BCStalk said:

Looks to be 1/4" for $699
Thanks for the pics. I'll be stopping by there soon.
AgTrip
Do yourself a favor and go get that pellet grill from sams. That thing is amazing. Cost $440 and well worth it.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

I'm talking something with 1/4 inch steel or so that will last for decades. The other answer is because that's what I want.

I treat my Weber like **** and use it a hundred times a year. It's almost 10 years old and, besides replacing the charcoal grate and bottom vent a few times, it's pretty close to perfect. So I could buy 8 of them for what you're wanting you pay. That's a lifetime.
MarineBQ04
AG
Have you thought about checking with the local high schools? Often times the welding class needs projects.
Hammerheadjim
AG
halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

1/4" steel will cost you an arm and both legs.
halibut sinclair
Hammerheadjim said:

halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

1/4" steel will cost you an arm and both legs.
or around $699
halibut sinclair
Esteban du Plantier said:

halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

I treat my Weber like **** and use it a hundred times a year. It's almost 10 years old and, besides replacing the charcoal grate and bottom vent a few times, it's pretty close to perfect. So I could buy 8 of them for what you're wanting you pay. That's a lifetime.
Thanks, but no thanks on the crappy Weber.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

Lol. It's a bowl that holds food over fire.

It's a ****ty smoker, but about as good a grill as any other.
halibut sinclair

halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

LOL is right.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

AggieBarstool said:

LOL is right.

What size Yeti do you bring to your tailgate?
BCStalk
GB dead today?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.