It's techno's fault... aggie dome in full swing..

13,736 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by saltydog13
nought
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Day 1: "The sky is going to fall! The sky is going to fall!"

Nothing.

Day 2: "The sky is going to fall! The sky is going to fall!"

Nothing.

Day 3: "The sky is going to fall! The sky is going to fall!"

Tiny bit of rain in College Station proper.

"See? I was right!"

If I tell you it is going to rain enough days in a row, eventually I'll be right.
Cholula Verde
AG
Poured 1.2 inches out of the gauge this morning! So very thankful God cranked open the Kurten Dome!
curry97
AG
Poured out 3 inches in south College Station.
Oogway
If listening to a particular meteorologist is triggering anger in some viewers when said meteorologist has difficulty with accurately predicting what your daily weather environment will be over the neighborhood, perhaps it would be beneficial to consider other resources for the benefit of your health.

For example:

A weather app on your phone.

The newspaper in the driveway. If it is wet, it is raining.

The Farmer's Almanac

Aunt Millie's elbow. If it hurts, it is going to rain.

Weather forecasting has come a long ways over the last 20-30 years. When I was little, I can remember our weather guy had a pad on an easel and when he was done with the forecast, he would draw "Gusty," a little man depicting what the weather would be (with an umbrella if it was going to rain). I also remember a weatherman named Gary England who was great during severe weather events when we lived north of the Red River. It sure was nice to have the extra time to take shelter.

I'm sure they will work on their chaos theory and get those models ever more accurate as the years go by. Isn't weather amazing?
BMo
Oogway said:

...When I was little, I can remember our weather guy had a pad on an easel and when he was done with the forecast, he would draw "Gusty," a little man depicting what the weather would be (with an umbrella if it was going to rain)...
So you lived in Tulsa and watched Don Woods?
Oogway
I was pretty young so I don't remember his name, but it was on the evening news when we lived in that area.
Builder93
AG
It supposed to work like this:

Yea, Shel, I really need to get the yard ready for an event this weekend so if you could arrange for some rain maybe Tuesday for a little greening up, that would give me a day or two to dry out for mowing late Thursday, then a half an inch Friday to freshen up and by no means can you allow it to rain Saturday. That would be great. Thanks.

Read in this voice:

edit for historical accuracy
95_Aggie
AG
Will the dome hold up today?
The Original AG 76
AG
AGnCS said:

Will the dome hold up today?
is the pope death and taxes in the woods ?
doubledog
The weather forecast models are inaccurate. None of them factor in the "Aggie Dome" effect.
Stupe
S
Of course it's not in effect on July 4th.
The Original AG 76
AG
light rain southwest of CS
Rapier108
Nothing so far in my part of Bryan other than enough to show up on the hood of my truck. In fact, the sun keeps trying to break through the clouds every so often. Probably going to start watering the grass tonight because as usual, the weather forecast seems to have missed by a mile.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think we are about to get slammed. The radar looks menacing.
Rapier108
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I think we are about to get slammed. The radar looks menacing.
Don't doubt The Dome.
The Original AG 76
AG
He must be looking at Houston. The local radar shows rain west of BCS and a light dim pale green band usually meaning 8 drops per acre over 1 Hour making its way here. Not enough to piss off a dirt pile
Tailgate88
AG
It's gonna clear out in time to light the grill and shoot our fireworks, cuz 'Merica!
The Original AG 76
AG
.19" total....minor tiny pitiful slight leak in the dome.
pants
0.1" here in Southwood Valley. Sprinklers are back on.
bushytailed
AG
The temps dropped down to 76 mid-afternoon and we got a nice shower. I'm not complaining!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ok not gona lie i kinda posted my last comment to reverse jinx the possibility. I had an important event outside today I didnt wana have canceled.
studioone
It's still technos fault...

I had Nothing to do with it...
AgsWin2011
AG
The DOME has been BREACHED! Been raining like crazy in the Nantucket area today with not much sign of letting up. I'd be surprised if we didn't have over 2-3" so far.
techno-ag
Cholula Verde
AG
Kurten Dome also breached! Whoop!
The Original AG 76
AG
The Aggiedome worked in world record fashion in July at my place. Finished July with only about 1 inch TOTAL . The big rains that most of Brazos got earlier missed us damn near completely. Serious drought here and complete dead yards all over. Watering every day is not making much of a dent since there is no moisture in the ground.
This is a serious dry spell for our little part of the county. If we don't get any rain on Tuesday as predicted I think it's tije to just give up and let it all die or go dormant.
studioone

you just HAD to bring it up, didnt you..
LastHamlet
AG
Marlin39m said:

You sound kind of smug for the fellow that I chose to believe for Monday's forecast, leading me to cancel a long planned fishing trip.

Boo ****ing hoo
The Original AG 76
AG
studioone said:

you just HAD to bring it up, didnt you..

sorry, I had just finished walking the perimeter of the place with dog and it sounded and felt like I was walking on a giant field of corn flakes. A lot of the formerly known as grass is not just dormant but burned to a crisp dead. We only got one really good soaking rain in the spring so I guess we were doomed from the start.
The Original AG 76
AG
Well so far not enough to rearrange the dust on the truck hood. Lots of nice thunder last night but very little rain. This really sucks
75AG
AG
Pouring down in the Duck Haven!
The Original AG 76
AG
We got about 1/8" in 15 minutes off RP and Holleman. I'll take it but no where near enough
amanda04
AG
The Aggiedome was definitely in full effect last night. We stood on our porch and watched it lightning all around us (and heard the thunder) but received less than 1/10 of an inch.
curry97
AG
Poured out 3/4 inch this morning
The Original AG 76
AG
grand total of .30" total. yard dried out minutes after the " rain" stopped.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.