Hwy 6 - WJB Pkwy & Booneville Exit??

1,840 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halibut sinclair
AgySkeet06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know when they are going to finally finish/open these ramps? Looks like they have been complete looking for a while and I feel like this ramp switch has taken much longer than others....

Are the workers just taking their sweet time so they have an excuse to go to Hooters for lunch??
techno-ag
AG
Think I heard B'ville is opening this week, then they're expanding the third lane at the Briarcrest exit. Then they'll be done.
TJJackson
I hope so. I live off of Old Reliance and drive to Navasota during the week. It's been a year or close to it since they closed that ramp to 6.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.

-Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
techno-ag
AG
leakypipes said:

I hope so. I live off of Old Reliance and drive to Navasota during the week. It's been a year or close to it since they closed that ramp to 6.
Yup. They've been working on exits since 2013 I think. Anecdotally, it seems the number of wrecks on the bypass has increased since they started.
BCStalk
techno-ag said:

leakypipes said:

Yup. They've been working on exits since 2013 I think. Anecdotally, it seems the number of wrecks on the bypass has increased since they started.

They will finish just in time to change them back to the original way. Or is the current way the original way...heck they change them so much I can't remember what was first.
prymetyme07
I think alot of people tend to forget how bad traffic was on the bypass before they reconfigured the ramps.

Traffic would slow to a crawl on the inside lane because of the constant congestion with cars trying to exit while other cars were trying to enter the bypass. Traffic still drops below the posted limit, but it is nowhere near how it was before.

IMO they really need to get rid of the grass median, add an additional inside lane and just seperate it with K-rails, that way 6 can be 6 lanes and those wanting to pass through won't get bogged down by the locals getting on the highway going 50mph only to get off at the next ramp exit .
ClassicArnold
What prymetyme07 said. 100%
oklaunion
What he said minus the locals reference.
halibut sinclair
It's BOONVILLE.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.