New Bryan Subdivisions Going Up

techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rcannaday said:

Where are these people coming from to fill these houses and new apartments?
There's a big push for more affordable housing right now.

http://wtaw.com/2018/08/30/bryan-city-council-revisits-housing-assistance-for-low-income-residents/
No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
toocool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just noticed the one at Hwy 30 and Hardy Weedon has been fenced and cows grazing.
AG @ HEART
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know what's going to be built on old reliance rd on the left side of the road heading towards coulter airfield?

No marking except the construction company but it looks to be a small neighborhood development.
Texasgamedayrigs.com
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG @ HEART said:

Anyone know what's going to be built on old reliance rd on the left side of the road heading towards coulter airfield?

No marking except the construction company but it looks to be a small neighborhood development.
If you are talking about where old Reliance intersects Austin's Colony Pkwy, That is supposed to be a new neighborhood with retail nearby. It was announced several months ago, but I have seen no work on the property lately. If you are talking further down closer to Coulter field, I believe there are several smaller communities going up. Somewhere up there the Messina Hof Winery is also building a neighborhood development called The Vineyard District.

I am excited to see development all over the city, but I am most excited to see the new neighborhood go up near Lake Bryan on Sandy Point and 2818. That area of town has never seen a housing development so it will be a huge change to the area.

Also excited to see these initial HWY 47 housing and retail developments. I believe this is one of the the most scenic areas in Bryan/Brazos County and future development should take advantage of the hilly terrain when.



techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bcstx06 said:

AG @ HEART said:

Anyone know what's going to be built on old reliance rd on the left side of the road heading towards coulter airfield?

No marking except the construction company but it looks to be a small neighborhood development.
If you are talking about where old Reliance intersects Austin's Colony Pkwy, That is supposed to be a new neighborhood with retail nearby. It was announced several months ago, but I have seen no work on the property lately. If you are talking further down closer to Coulter field, I believe there are several smaller communities going up. Somewhere up there the Messina Hof Winery is also building a neighborhood development called The Vineyard District.

I am excited to see development all over the city, but I am most excited to see the new neighborhood go up near Lake Bryan on Sandy Point and 2818. That area of town has never seen a housing development so it will be a huge change to the area.

Also excited to see these initial HWY 47 housing and retail developments. I believe this is one of the the most scenic areas in Bryan/Brazos County and future development should take advantage of the hilly terrain when.




Stylecraft has a subdivision at Sandy Point & OSR, but it is well outside the city limits.
No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
AG @ HEART
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bcstx06 said:

AG @ HEART said:

Anyone know what's going to be built on old reliance rd on the left side of the road heading towards coulter airfield?

No marking except the construction company but it looks to be a small neighborhood development.
If you are talking about where old Reliance intersects Austin's Colony Pkwy, That is supposed to be a new neighborhood with retail nearby. It was announced several months ago, but I have seen no work on the property lately. If you are talking further down closer to Coulter field, I believe there are several smaller communities going up. Somewhere up there the Messina Hof Winery is also building a neighborhood development called The Vineyard District.

I am excited to see development all over the city, but I am most excited to see the new neighborhood go up near Lake Bryan on Sandy Point and 2818. That area of town has never seen a housing development so it will be a huge change to the area.

Also excited to see these initial HWY 47 housing and retail developments. I believe this is one of the the most scenic areas in Bryan/Brazos County and future development should take advantage of the hilly terrain when.





I would say it's the land clearing that's about two hundred yards from the intersection of Austin colony parkway and O.R.

I hope with these developments it brings a sidewalk to Old Reliance
Texasgamedayrigs.com
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know who the developer for the new Pleasant Hill Subdivision at 2818 and Sandy Point is? Is it Stylecraft or another builder, or will it be multiple builders?
http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2019%20SDRC/2-12-19/FP19-02%20Pleasant%20Hill%20Ph%201,%2002-12-19.pdf

It seems like DR Horton, KB Homes or one of the big national builders would have entered this market by now.

Same question for the new subdivision going in near HWY47 and Villa Maria. Who is developing it? What builders will build there?
jaypop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stylecraft or DR Horton. My guess is stylecraft
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jaypop said:

Stylecraft or DR Horton. My guess is stylecraft

Early property proposal submission to CoB lists the client as W&B Development.
jaypop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes and that's the same owner who owns Yalgo, the engineer who submitted this. Their biggest clients are DR Horton and Stylecraft. My thought is that he's developing and then will sell to home builders on this one.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

jello123 said:

Everything on the North side of Hwy 30 is in Bryan's ETJ up to the Navasota River. CS ETJ isn't North of HWY 30 until the East side of the Navasota River. http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=15482
CS goes south to the county line, but Bryan & BISD have the rest of the land. Note in far south Brazos Co some parts are in Navasota ISD. Space for College Station to grow and spread out is somewhat limited.
College Station doesn't go south of the county line, somewhere after Wellborn ends but before the frontage road merges back in you'll see a sign for the Navasota city limits even before you cross the river. If they only dammed the Navasota River, we could have a nice lake in the county, eliminate the vast floodplains to the east of the bypass, and have some high-value real estate that could attract some real business to the town.
jello123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PS3D said:

techno-ag said:

jello123 said:

Everything on the North side of Hwy 30 is in Bryan's ETJ up to the Navasota River. CS ETJ isn't North of HWY 30 until the East side of the Navasota River. http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=15482
CS goes south to the county line, but Bryan & BISD have the rest of the land. Note in far south Brazos Co some parts are in Navasota ISD. Space for College Station to grow and spread out is somewhat limited.
College Station doesn't go south of the county line, somewhere after Wellborn ends but before the frontage road merges back in you'll see a sign for the Navasota city limits even before you cross the river. If they only dammed the Navasota River, we could have a nice lake in the county, eliminate the vast floodplains to the east of the bypass, and have some high-value real estate that could attract some real business to the town.
For many, many years, since 1936, the Millican Dam project has been discussed but never funded. As late as 1975 it was still being considered. https://photos.app.goo.gl/iYg7ULJJYaRhAVU88
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jello123 said:

PS3D said:

techno-ag said:

jello123 said:

Everything on the North side of Hwy 30 is in Bryan's ETJ up to the Navasota River. CS ETJ isn't North of HWY 30 until the East side of the Navasota River. http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=15482
CS goes south to the county line, but Bryan & BISD have the rest of the land. Note in far south Brazos Co some parts are in Navasota ISD. Space for College Station to grow and spread out is somewhat limited.
College Station doesn't go south of the county line, somewhere after Wellborn ends but before the frontage road merges back in you'll see a sign for the Navasota city limits even before you cross the river. If they only dammed the Navasota River, we could have a nice lake in the county, eliminate the vast floodplains to the east of the bypass, and have some high-value real estate that could attract some real business to the town.
For many, many years, since 1936, the Millican Dam project has been discussed but never funded. As late as 1975 it was still being considered. https://photos.app.goo.gl/iYg7ULJJYaRhAVU88


This all came back up again about 6 yr ago with the Texas water plan. No one talked about the Millican dam. The Panther Creek dam would be just south of 30. But it floods way more than just "floodplain". It would take many homes out in E Brazos ans W Grimes. Normal pool would be 30-40 feet higher than the floodplain elevations if I remember right. It died a pretty quick death when the realization of property aquisition cost and dam construction became obvious in exchange for a lake with high siltation and low water quality (go fly over Limestone some time) was realized. Houston was the big promoter for water supply and they moved on to off channel projects further south and East.
Page 2 of 2
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.