New Bryan Subdivisions Going Up

31,679 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrazosWifi
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rcannaday said:

Where are these people coming from to fill these houses and new apartments?
There's a big push for more affordable housing right now.

http://wtaw.com/2018/08/30/bryan-city-council-revisits-housing-assistance-for-low-income-residents/
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
toocool
Just noticed the one at Hwy 30 and Hardy Weedon has been fenced and cows grazing.
AG @ HEART
Anyone know what's going to be built on old reliance rd on the left side of the road heading towards coulter airfield?

No marking except the construction company but it looks to be a small neighborhood development.
bcstx06
AG @ HEART said:

Anyone know what's going to be built on old reliance rd on the left side of the road heading towards coulter airfield?

No marking except the construction company but it looks to be a small neighborhood development.
If you are talking about where old Reliance intersects Austin's Colony Pkwy, That is supposed to be a new neighborhood with retail nearby. It was announced several months ago, but I have seen no work on the property lately. If you are talking further down closer to Coulter field, I believe there are several smaller communities going up. Somewhere up there the Messina Hof Winery is also building a neighborhood development called The Vineyard District.

I am excited to see development all over the city, but I am most excited to see the new neighborhood go up near Lake Bryan on Sandy Point and 2818. That area of town has never seen a housing development so it will be a huge change to the area.

Also excited to see these initial HWY 47 housing and retail developments. I believe this is one of the the most scenic areas in Bryan/Brazos County and future development should take advantage of the hilly terrain when.

techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

AG @ HEART said:

If you are talking about where old Reliance intersects Austin's Colony Pkwy, That is supposed to be a new neighborhood with retail nearby. It was announced several months ago, but I have seen no work on the property lately. If you are talking further down closer to Coulter field, I believe there are several smaller communities going up. Somewhere up there the Messina Hof Winery is also building a neighborhood development called The Vineyard District.

I am excited to see development all over the city, but I am most excited to see the new neighborhood go up near Lake Bryan on Sandy Point and 2818. That area of town has never seen a housing development so it will be a huge change to the area.

Also excited to see these initial HWY 47 housing and retail developments. I believe this is one of the the most scenic areas in Bryan/Brazos County and future development should take advantage of the hilly terrain when.

Stylecraft has a subdivision at Sandy Point & OSR, but it is well outside the city limits.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
AG @ HEART
bcstx06 said:

AG @ HEART said:

I would say it's the land clearing that's about two hundred yards from the intersection of Austin colony parkway and O.R.

I hope with these developments it brings a sidewalk to Old Reliance
bcstx06
Does anyone know who the developer for the new Pleasant Hill Subdivision at 2818 and Sandy Point is? Is it Stylecraft or another builder, or will it be multiple builders?
http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2019%20SDRC/2-12-19/FP19-02%20Pleasant%20Hill%20Ph%201,%2002-12-19.pdf

It seems like DR Horton, KB Homes or one of the big national builders would have entered this market by now.

Same question for the new subdivision going in near HWY47 and Villa Maria. Who is developing it? What builders will build there?
jaypop
Stylecraft or DR Horton. My guess is stylecraft
rsa
AG
jaypop said:

Stylecraft or DR Horton. My guess is stylecraft

Early property proposal submission to CoB lists the client as W&B Development.
jaypop
Yes and that's the same owner who owns Yalgo, the engineer who submitted this. Their biggest clients are DR Horton and Stylecraft. My thought is that he's developing and then will sell to home builders on this one.
PS3D
techno-ag said:

jello123 said:

Everything on the North side of Hwy 30 is in Bryan's ETJ up to the Navasota River. CS ETJ isn't North of HWY 30 until the East side of the Navasota River. http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=15482
CS goes south to the county line, but Bryan & BISD have the rest of the land. Note in far south Brazos Co some parts are in Navasota ISD. Space for College Station to grow and spread out is somewhat limited.
College Station doesn't go south of the county line, somewhere after Wellborn ends but before the frontage road merges back in you'll see a sign for the Navasota city limits even before you cross the river. If they only dammed the Navasota River, we could have a nice lake in the county, eliminate the vast floodplains to the east of the bypass, and have some high-value real estate that could attract some real business to the town.
jello123
PS3D said:

techno-ag said:

jello123 said:

Everything on the North side of Hwy 30 is in Bryan's ETJ up to the Navasota River. CS ETJ isn't North of HWY 30 until the East side of the Navasota River. http://www.cstx.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=15482
CS goes south to the county line, but Bryan & BISD have the rest of the land. Note in far south Brazos Co some parts are in Navasota ISD. Space for College Station to grow and spread out is somewhat limited.
College Station doesn't go south of the county line, somewhere after Wellborn ends but before the frontage road merges back in you'll see a sign for the Navasota city limits even before you cross the river. If they only dammed the Navasota River, we could have a nice lake in the county, eliminate the vast floodplains to the east of the bypass, and have some high-value real estate that could attract some real business to the town.
For many, many years, since 1936, the Millican Dam project has been discussed but never funded. As late as 1975 it was still being considered. https://photos.app.goo.gl/iYg7ULJJYaRhAVU88
EBrazosAg
AG
jello123 said:

PS3D said:

techno-ag said:

jello123 said:

For many, many years, since 1936, the Millican Dam project has been discussed but never funded. As late as 1975 it was still being considered. https://photos.app.goo.gl/iYg7ULJJYaRhAVU88

This all came back up again about 6 yr ago with the Texas water plan. No one talked about the Millican dam. The Panther Creek dam would be just south of 30. But it floods way more than just "floodplain". It would take many homes out in E Brazos ans W Grimes. Normal pool would be 30-40 feet higher than the floodplain elevations if I remember right. It died a pretty quick death when the realization of property aquisition cost and dam construction became obvious in exchange for a lake with high siltation and low water quality (go fly over Limestone some time) was realized. Houston was the big promoter for water supply and they moved on to off channel projects further south and East.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
So the Pleasant Hill Subdivision going up near Sandy Point and 2818 has gone from being a new neighborhood of just under 300 homes to a development of 1,600 homes. This is going to be huge for that area of Bryan.

"Pleasant Hill (Bryan, Texas) 1,600 lot multi-phase planned community"
https://yalgoengineering.com/projects.html

There is so much going up in that area of Bryan that I'm surprised that there has been no retail related developments announced, such as a small grocery store to start. I could see Aldi expanding near there and a few chain restaurants to start.
woodiewood1
PS3D said:

techno-ag said:

jello123 said:

The CS ETJ goes southeast past the Navasota River and into Grimes county. I assume that the future plans would be to possibly annex the ETJ land? The ETJ also goes into Burleson county. Long term any incorporated lands are fair game for eventual annexation? See http://wtaw.com/2018/07/13/college-station-council-approves-extending-etj-to-five-miles/

Personally, If I lived over in Grimes County I would be very pi.... off knowing that CS can control what I can and can't do with my land.

Most people also don't realize that Brazos county goes south as far as south of Hwy 105 west of Navasota.
EBrazosAg
AG
bcstx06 said:

So the Pleasant Hill Subdivision going up near Sandy Point and 2818 has gone from being a new neighborhood of just under 300 homes to a development of 1,600 homes. This is going to be huge for that area of Bryan.

There is so much going up in that area of Bryan that I'm surprised that there has been no retail related developments announced, such as a small grocery store to start. I could see Aldi expanding near there and a few chain restaurants to start.

Having it under design and having it actually happen are a long way apart. If retail built for every planned subdivision there would be a lot of stores out in the middle of nowhere. If and when it gets built - and occupied - they will come. Good to see development in N Bryan.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
EBrazosAg said:

bcstx06 said:

Having it under design and having it actually happen are a long way apart. If retail built for every planned subdivision there would be a lot of stores out in the middle of nowhere. If and when it gets built - and occupied - they will come. Good to see development in N Bryan.

This neighborhood (Pleasant Hill) is already under construction. And I wasn't meaning retail just for that neighborhood, I mean for that area over all. The Lenard Road area has several neighborhoods going up, Beck Street and near Jane Long as well.

In other news, Rudder Pointe has already begun construction on 10 or so homes with more starting soon.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

Short drive to Mumford. Maybe their high school enrollment will grow.
dgonzo99
Drove in that area the other day for the first time in couple of months. Couldn't believe all the houses that had been built in Edgewater and another area on Leonard Road. Pleasant Hill should do well. People in Edgewater say that they can't built houses fast enough there. I also noticed that work on Alamosa Springs had started. Didn't notice if the high end RV Park for Former Students had started yet on Leonard Road. I have heard for years that HEB is going to build on 47, but nothing has been done yet. Saw that a new phase of the apartments on 2818 has started. Great location with Bryan/TAMU Rellis Campus located not far from there.
GSS
"High end RV park for Former Students" on Leonard Rd? Is this where they requested annexation by the CoB?
dgonzo99
GSS said:

"High end RV park for Former Students" on Leonard Rd? Is this where they requested annexation by the CoB?
Yes.
woodiewood1
bcstx06 said:

EBrazosAg said:

bcstx06 said:

This neighborhood (Pleasant Hill) is already under construction. And I wasn't meaning retail just for that neighborhood, I mean for that area over all. The Lenard Road area has several neighborhoods going up, Beck Street and near Jane Long as well.

In other news, Rudder Pointe has already begun construction on 10 or so homes with more starting soon.
Rudder Landing is closer to Jane Long and Beck st area than a store at the intersection of 2818 and Sandy Point would be. Rudder landing and that whole developed area area there is going to prevent major box stores from going farther north and north west. Retailers want to locate near population centers and where other retailers are located.
bcstx06
Rudder's Landing is the Walmart center on the West side of the city close to Jane Long.

Rudder Pointe is a new neighborhood going in near Rudder High School on the East side of town.

When I was speaking of retail, I was meaning between the area of Lenard Road and Sand Point. There are many neighborhoods going up within that area alone not including other areas near there. These is also an industrial park near by with no food options for those people. Seems ripe for retail and restaurant development to me.

Edit: I'll leave what I wrote, but I see your point. Eventually, retail and restaurants will come!
dgonzo99
I doubt many Big Box stores will be going anywhere here in BCS. I know many students that don't even know what a Post Oak Mall is. I was at Post Oak Mall last Saturday in the afternoon. There were maybe 20 people in the whole Mall. I was one of only 5 people in Macys. I can see more stores like TJMaxx and Marshalls going in, but students pretty much rule here, and they mostly buy online or at Target.
merc
AG
I work in west Bryan and I'm considering moving out that way so I hope more businesses continue to build out there. Driving across town from the other side of highway 6 seems to get worse every year as Blinn and A&M get larger. I know it is a bit whiny compared to our Houston and Dallas friends but it seems quite noticeable 9 months of the year.
Bryanisbest
AG
Bryan had more single family building permits issued than CS did last year. 4 or 5 years ago Bryan had 1/3 as many as CS. Things are changing around here due to CSISD running out of space for new CS subdivisions.
dgonzo99
Bryanisbest said:

Bryan had more single family building permits issued than CS did last year. 4 or 5 years ago Bryan had 1/3 as many as CS. Things are changing around here due to CSISD running out of space for new CS subdivisions.
In fact, Bryan has beat CS in number of house permits at least the last 2 years if not 3 years. According to what I heard on WTAW, the average selling price of a home in Bryan is now about $340,000 and just a little bit lower in CS . Also, the sales tax revenue difference between the 2 cities is beginning to get just a little closer. Sales tax in Bryan this year is up about a million and in CS about 300,000.
bcstx06
Passed by the Pleasant Hill construction today. Wow! That area is going to be huge! There is a big DR Horton sign up. They seem to just be entering the BCS market. They are currently building in the new College Station Midtown area and Castlegate II.
ontheedge
DR Horton has tried here before. The last time was in Dove Meadows.
dgonzo99
bcstx06 said:

Passed by the Pleasant Hill construction today. Wow! That area is going to be huge! There is a big DR Horton sign up. They seem to just be entering the BCS market. They are currently building in the new College Station Midtown area and Castlegate II.
https://www.wbdevelopment.com/pleasant-hill/

The number of homes planned for the area seems to be going up and up. 1900 homes are now proposed for the area along with multi-family and commercial.

Understand that another home development is proposed for the area between Reliance Road and 1179 called Stella Ranch. One of the developers is Reece Homes.
Bucketrunner
Drove by the new midtown homes and the ones across Rock Prairie. Houses are ok but ridiculously close together with not enough backyard for children to play catch in. Wish some developers would take a stand and build true family developments. JMHO
dgonzo99
Drove out that way. Then drove down Leonard Road by the new Apartment complex. There is another subdivision underway. I think it is called Leonard Crossing. It was full of new homes.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Drove by the new midtown homes and the ones across Rock Prairie. Houses are ok but ridiculously close together with not enough backyard for children to play catch in. Wish some developers would take a stand and build true family developments. JMHO

Midtown area looks like it will be pretty cool. But I thought it is College Station, not Bryan.
Adam87inSA
AG
I'm just hoping for an HEB worth a damn in Bryan someday. (Moved to Greenbrier subdivision in July 2018)
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.