New Wayback burger (Caprock)

6,702 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EVA3
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlyRod
FlyRod
Wayback is fine. Like Carter's Burgers, it occupies the underrated middle niche between the (so-called) frou-frou places (Grub, Hopdoddy) and the occasional over-indulgence places (Top of the Hill, Koppe). Sometimes you just want a basic burger.
KidDoc
AG
FlyRod said:

Wayback is fine. Like Carter's Burgers, it occupies the underrated middle niche between the (so-called) frou-frou places (Grub, Hopdoddy) and the occasional over-indulgence places (Top of the Hill, Koppe). Sometimes you just want a basic burger.
This is simply not true. Looking at the menu let's compare:

Whataburger around $8.50 with drink last time I went.
Wayback classic + side fry= $9.50
Grub Bacon love #9 and fry= $9.50
Fuddrucker basic 1/3 lb burger & fry= $10.50

You get a superior burger with bacon for the same price at Grub. That is the problem with Wayback it cost the same as the "frou-frou" places but delivers a significantly inferior product. In addition, in my opinion, whataburger delivers at least as good a burger as Wayback much faster and cheaper.

I don't hope for any restaurant to fail but I think Wayback doesn't have a clear identity and the price point is a bit high.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
I'm glad you added "in my opinion."
techno-ag
AG
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
coltsauer257
Tailgate88
AG
This thread.
EVA3
AG
Our first time at the Texas Burger in Wellborn we were disappointed. Have been back several times since and it has been good. Haven't tried any of the Wayback locations yet.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.