Fargo or Truth??

5,723 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AG 86 BC
agfan2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. Does it have as many great BBQ places as say Austin does? No. But we also don't have an extra 750,000 people here so that's a trade off I'll gladly take. Fargos and Kreuz are both very good when they are on.
jja79
AG
Couple of folks that if you have an opinion they'll blast you. Particularly when it comes to Fargo's. Might be the owners as personally as they take it.
Koldus131
AG
I really like Fargo's. It's the best in town, and worthy of being Top 50 in the state of Texas.

That said, Truth blows it out of the water. I've been all over Texas to almost all of the legendary spots, and Truth is in my personal top 5. Everything there is incredible. Meats, sides, even the cake. The brisket is king, but it's all good. In my opinion OP, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't go to Truth.
techno-ag
AG
agfan2013 said:

Agreed. Does it have as many great BBQ places as say Austin does? No. But we also don't have an extra 750,000 people here so that's a trade off I'll gladly take. Fargos and Kreuz are both very good when they are on.
australopithecus robustus
Truthfully, Fargo's was a big disappointment. Perhaps it was built up too much. I ate there once and I probably will only go back by chance or if invited.

I find Stiles Switch and Mueller's to be much better.

Haven't been to Truth, but I'm not going to carve out special event planing to go to a bbq joint in Brenham. If I'm there and they have it, fine.

Now I will do the Franklin thing at some point, given that it's in Austin.
ChampsAg
Truth is worth the drive. This from someone that lives in B/CS and wishes Blue Moon wasn't so far away. If you enjoy good BBQ take a day and make the drive, especially with this weather.

Snows is next on my list to try.
eloc62
If Blue Moon was here in town, i would still go to Fargo's on occasion, but the real tipping point for me would be Blue Moon's "hot shots"... smoked brisket stuffed jalapeos wrapped in bacon. I love those things!
AG 86 BC
AG
Another excellent option in Brenham is LJ's. If you don't mind driving to Brenham for great BBQ and want to try something other than Truth, LJ's will not disappoint you
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.