Hurricane cars @ TX World Speedway

10,995 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cledus6150
chigger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree it might be a better use, but I wouldn't want my family or any of my loved ones on that site. Some pretty disturbing stories about the test fuel they used out there back in the 70's that is all over the ground there. I hope they do some honest testing before they build.
Carny89
I was at buckys getting gas. So I got out and spoke to the wrecker drivers. These guys were from Kansas City. They were hauling these cars out of orange tx. Had a 2014 Chevy on the back. He spoke to the owner. Not a lot of water got into this particular truck. I even cranked it up. It ran. He said half of the cars run and drive. The other half were horrible. Sewage and rain water in these cars for 6 days straight. They have special gear to wear while handling them. Mold on the dash of the van on the roll back. Nasty. Sad.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Does anyone have information on the supposed future subdivsion development at the World Speedway site? Is there a timeline? Is the developer known?
SARATOGA
10,000 houses of urban blight.

People already saying we're overbuilt ?

Not sure what to believe.

Not sure how these developers sleep at night. They must helicopter back to their big ranches, and home/private school their kids.

PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Does anyone have information on the supposed future subdivsion development at the World Speedway site? Is there a timeline? Is the developer known?
The first phase of the development won't actually be on the TWS site, it's being built at the corner of Peach Creek Cutoff and Pipeline Road from plans that the city posted. Unknown when construction starts.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Thanks!
mgreen
30,000 cars at $1 per day is over $10 million in a year in RENT. I have heard they are getting more than that.
10thYrSr
I have a strong feeling that any Phase 1 environmental assessment conducted at the TWS site will prohibit any future development. It may even make it prohibitively expensive to even sell the site.
Ornlu
AG
10thYrSr said:

I have a strong feeling that any Phase 1 environmental assessment conducted at the TWS site will prohibit any future development. It may even make it prohibitively expensive to even sell the site.
The rumor is that the delay thus far is because their Phase 1 EA showed problems, and their detailed investigation found a LUST. However, I haven't seen any real paperwork that backs up that rumor.
cledus6150
AG
Phase 1/2 issues have come about as have TPWD T&E issues.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.