Parking ticket on campus

10,056 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Joe Schillaci 48
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scruffy said:

Beat The Hell 'Otta PTTS!
A WHOOP!
Saying beat the hell outta TAMU staff.

(I kid, I kid.)
techno-ag
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

Calling TAMU staff Nazis.
Yeah, back in the 90s, we called the the parking gestapo.

That does have a nice jack-booted thug ring to it.
Stupe
S
fla_agfan said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Don't think we will be hearing back from OP

Here I am.

My wife parked at Kyle and walked into the Hall of Champions to find me and our kids. Yes she was in the wrong. She parked in a reserved spot in a lot that was 3/4 empty. I could understand if the lot was full... But it wasn't.

The kicker is... somehow it's MY fault.
If the person that used that spot showed up, it wouldn't matter if the lot was empty or full....the spot that they paid for was full.

You're actually lucky that it didn't get towed. In the past, the person that paid for the spot had to report the violation for a car to get towed. Now, it can be an automatic tow just for being in a reserved spot.

Quote:

Faculty and staff pay for numbered spaces on campus and it's not cheap.
No, it isn't. To be blunt, if I had a reserved spot and someone parked in it, they would come back to my vehicle being in my spot and theirs on the back of a tow truck.
FlyRod
I've had cars towed out of my spot more times than I can recall. People just never learn...
rrtodds
AG
I've been through the appeals process thrice ... one was dismissed due to their error ... the other two were reduced to the minimum $5 parking garage fee and I did not complain.

Tickets in mostly empty parking lots is certainly a rub. In those circumstances they should give a warning ... strike 1!
Sam75
fla_agfan
Stupe said:

fla_agfan said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Here I am.

My wife parked at Kyle and walked into the Hall of Champions to find me and our kids. Yes she was in the wrong. She parked in a reserved spot in a lot that was 3/4 empty. I could understand if the lot was full... But it wasn't.

If the person that used that spot showed up, it wouldn't matter if the lot was empty or full....the spot that they paid for was full.

You're actually lucky that it didn't get towed. In the past, the person that paid for the spot had to report the violation for a car to get towed. Now, it can be an automatic tow just for being in a reserved spot.

Quote:

No, it isn't. To be blunt, if I had a reserved spot and someone parked in it, they would come back to my vehicle being in my spot and theirs on the back of a tow truck.

Simmer down... the spot was outside of Kyle, between the field and Welborn. So the is a of it being a faculty spot are slim.
fla_agfan
TKDMom said:

Faculty and staff pay for numbered spaces on campus and it's not cheap. If your wife parked in a numbered spot, you should probably just go ahead and pay the ticket.

Now, so far as it being "your fault" that your wife had to park and go looking for you? Were you supposed to be outside when she pulled into the lot?

I had taken my 3 older children on a tour of Kyle, my wife for bored and brought my 4yr old early and was wondering around looking for us.
LastHamlet
AG
fla_agfan said:

My wife just got a parking ticket. We are from out of state and will probably never have to park on campus again.

My question is, do we have to pay the fine. And if we don't pay, what are the repercussions?

Why are you are asking this question on TexAgs?? You should contact TAMU and ask them that question. It's really not that difficult. Just pay the fine.
Stupe
S
Stating a fact means a person has to "simmer down".

That's funny.
nonag97
fla_agfan said:

Stupe said:

fla_agfan said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Here I am.

Quote:

Simmer down... the spot was outside of Kyle, between the field and Welborn. So the is a of it being a faculty spot are slim.
There are plenty of staff offices in Kyle. Everyone pays the same amount for numbered reserved parking. I hope you're not implying that if it were a faculty spot you'd be more in err than if it were staff or student.
SumAggie
techno-ag said:

fla_agfan said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Here I am.

They don't call them "parking Nazis" for nothing. Follow the appeal process. If you win great, if you don't no biggie. Send a $75 donation instead of $100 next time.
only people who are unable to comprehend the complexity of trying to park 60K people call them nazis. Do you call the police nazis too?
SumAggie
he says as his vehicle is towed away for too many citations.....
Scruffy
AG
'Cause he's a fight in Texas Aggie and he just don't give a damn.
Got 12 parking tickets
And he's on sco-pro again
Bohica64
Hey don't feel too bad, they ticket A&M service vehicles too! Pay the ticket and carry on.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Scruffy said:

If you have children here, they will add it to their student bill and not allow them to register until paid.
This.

Fall my freshman year, I was trying to register for Spring classes and was blocked. After finding the right person/department to ask why, I was told there were unpaid parking tickets from years before I even set foot on campus and I would have to settle that before I could register.

Turns out, it was my brother (who was a senior at the time). They tracked his license plate to my parents address and my name was the first that popped up so they dumped them on my name. I told my brother to get his ass over to the parking office and pay his damn tickets so I could register.
FlyRod
Quote:

only people who are unable to comprehend the complexity of trying to park 60K people call them nazis. Do you call the police nazis too?
OneGood2011Ag
AG
rrtodds said:

Tickets in mostly empty parking lots is certainly a rub. In those circumstances they should give a warning ... strike 1!
The lot is mostly empty due to he threat of enforcement. Suppose everyone knew that Transportation Services was super lenient and forgiving and never wrote tickets. There would be a flood of people parking illegally in Lot 62. Why would anyone park in Lot 100 if they could park a block from the MSC and only receive a warning?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I was in New Orleans on business and the meter expired on my rental car.

I was issued a citation but I blew it off because it was a rental car and I lived in Texas.

City of New Orleans got my information from Hertz and the collection agency tracked me down,

A $10 fine turned into a $50 fine.

I could see myself cruising down I 10 one day and get stopped and then boudreax says "we have a warrant for a parking voilation on you Bubba. You are under arrest."

Call the parking people and plea the "I,m from out of town and didn't know" option.

If they refuse, pay the fine.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.