Delta Dental through TAMU -- Orthodontics Covered?

2,055 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by iisanaggie
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're at that point where we need to start seeing an orthodontist to sort our the little one's teeth. We have Delta Dental through TAMU and it's been great for bi-annual dental visits, etc. Does it cover any orthodontics (visit, procedures, actual braces)?
iisanaggie
AG
It does, and they are actually pretty good benefits. We just got braces for our son with Dr. Andrews. Dr. Elms was also covered. You can find a complete list on the TAMU benefits website.
Jason86
AG
You should receive dental benefits for any of the three orthodontic practices in town through the A&M Dental PPO plan. If you are with DeltaCare USA HMO plan than I'm not sure. The dental PPO plan will pay up to $1500 in orthodontic treatment and you will owe the balance.

Any of the three practices in town will be very familiar the TAMU plan and should be able to provide you with a financial breakdown. Best of luck!
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Suggest you contact Delta Dental yourself via their toll free number.

Second choice would be to contact your dentist yourself.

All medical/dental policies are not the same.

I realize this board is made up of mensa talent but asking for important information on a public message board is not the wisest thing to do........IMHO
MiMi
S
My son had braces several years ago. At the initial consultation with Dr. Case, I was given an estimate of all costs, including what insurance (TAMU Dental) will cover and what I needed to pay. As I recall, the coverage was good but don't remember what percentage insurance paid.
meezermom
MiMi, thank you -- we are actually seeing Dr. Case, and BVPD already deals with us through Delta Dental so I was pretty sure they would still cover something but it's good to get some clarification.

I tried going to the TAMU site, but I couldn't find a list of covered providers. Good to know working with Dr. Case will at least be covered in some form if we decide to stay with them!
dubi
AG
meezermom said:

MiMi, thank you -- we are actually seeing Dr. Case, and BVPD already deals with us through Delta Dental so I was pretty sure they would still cover something but it's good to get some clarification.

I tried going to the TAMU site, but I couldn't find a list of covered providers. Good to know working with Dr. Case will at least be covered in some form if we decide to stay with them!

The providers are contracted with Delta Dental; you were on the wrong website.
iisanaggie
AG
Dr. Case is NOT covered for orthodontics on the HMO plan. Go here and download the directory under the Delta Care USA. Look for the "20" code in specialty column. https://www.deltadentalins.com/tamus/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.