Chipped iPhone 7 Screen ...

1,297 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by texasaggie2015
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I invested in a new iPhone and promptly dropped it and chipped the side off the screen. Can someone tell me of where to take it that does good, quality work?

I got online and filled out a form with Sour Apple that say they would get with me in 24 hours. That was two weeks ago and I still haven't heard from them.

Thinking about just leaving it because I'm afraid that the replacement won't be good (I've heard from friends that their replaced screens were crap), but wondering about options...

TIA!
fcag
AG
My wife thought she had cracked her 7 screen a few weeks ago and I called around. I was told that local shops weren't replacing 7 screens yet and that we'd have to go to an apple store. Fortunately it was just the Zagg protection glass that was cracked (added to phone when she got it) and that was quickly replaced at Verizon after the new one came in.
TXCityGirl
Just go in to Sour Apple or to the Batteries and Bulbs store on Holleman.
UmustBKidding
The parts for iPhone7's cost more than the screen replacement at an apple store right now. 6s's parts are just getting cheaper. So you leave it and put a case or screen protector over it , or spend $125 at apple store.
My son repairs several a week and he told my wife not to buy anything newer than a 6 if she want him to work on it.
91_Aggie
AG
I still see people using $500 to $900 phones with no protective case... don't understand that.

You should buy a new case from Amazon before you go and buy your new phone. And put it in there immediately... and get a good that protects instead of a fashion on that matches your purse.
meezermom
It has a Black Ice screen protector on it (doesn't just match my purse) and the company told me they would pay $100 toward getting it fixed. Just wanted to know who around here would/could do it and was reputable since I've been told by some people that once the screen is replaced the phone is really never the same.
Summer Breeze
AG
In and Out phone repair on Texas across from Hobby Lobby. They are super nice and get the job done fast. I've had two phones repaired there and was very happy.
dubi
AG
TXCityGirl said:

Just go in to Sour Apple or to the Batteries and Bulbs store on Holleman.

Studio One had an ipad ruined by the Battery store on Holleman.
UmustBKidding
Iphone 7s go to APPLE store. Its not a cost or labor quality thing, lots of local places do good work, but the quality of the parts that are available is not good enough to consider using not genuine parts at this time.
It will cost you as much as genuine and won't be the same. Wait 3 months and there will be more Chinese clones components and probably some of acceptable quality.
Don't think they do but Mac Resources is a apple authorized service center for computers, so may have access to iphone parts.

meezermom
Think I'm going to learn to love this chip till I can get to the Woodlands to the Apple Store -- thanks to everyone for the input!
texasaggie2015
AG
I went to Miphonedoctor in Bryan off Texas recently. They were very unfriendly and my touchscreen has been messed up ever since. Charged me $140 for a new screen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.