Mosquito Treatments

5,752 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggiePhil
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The mosquitoes are already horrible in my yard. Has anyone used any of the mosquito treatment companies and had success? I already have had french drains placed and they help a ton with the retained moisture but I have about 30 mosquito bites from working on the yard & pool over the weekend. It is awful.

I purchased Trugreen's new mosquito service a month ago but I have had the run-around trying to actually get them to spray the dang yard and I'm about to demand my money back and move on but would like to hear if any of these expensive treatments actually work.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
I've used Venus Pest for monthly mosquito treatments for the past 7 years. They do a great job of allowing my family to enjoy time in the yard.
betas2000
AG
Jenifer with Nightingale Pest Solutions is great!
momlaw
AG
Nightingale Pest Solutions

As noted in the biting gnats thread, Jennifer has added some oils to her mosquito treatment that moves the gnats along if they are around.

Also, because we have a large native growth backyard have a Flowtron 1.5 acre bug whacker that produces quite a bit of skeeter carnage.
enchanted
Aggieland Green is who we used all last year after being with Venus for a year. Have been very pleased.
dachicken89
AG
I use Aggieland Green as well.
deh40
AG
momlaw said:

Nightingale Pest Solutions

As noted in the biting gnats thread, Jennifer has added some oils to her mosquito treatment that moves the gnats along if they are around.

Also, because we have a large native growth backyard have a Flowtron 1.5 acre bug whacker that produces quite a bit of skeeter carnage.
The gnats are worse than the mosquitos.
Aggies76
AG
+ 1 for Jennifer
KidDoc
AG
Trugreen finally sprayed last Thursday literally the day before I was going to demand a refund. Despite the poor scheduling hassles I am very impressed thus far with the service. I was out in the yard without OFF from 4-7 last night and not a single mosquito bite.

Hope it lasts will see.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
And they are back. I plan to call tomorrow to see if they honor their retreat policy.
Tailgate88
AG
How much does it cost to spray for mosquitoes, ballpark?
KidDoc
AG
Tailgate88 said:

How much does it cost to spray for mosquitoes, ballpark?
$470 for 7 treatments (montly) paid in advance. The customer service person I talked to said they are going to re-treat for free before the weekend since they were back over the weekend.
rcannaday
AG
+1 on Jennifer, makes being able to be outside bearable (less humidity). Also, feel better about not having to spray down with 100% DEET.
Stucco
Use Talstar once a month. Available on Amazon.
Tim Weaver

Why isn't this in my backyard yet? I need mosquito killing lasers!
KidDoc
AG
Tim Weaver said:

Why isn't this in my backyard yet? I need mosquito killing lasers!
https://www.fastcompany.com/3059127/what-happened-to-the-mosquito-zapping-laser-that-was-going-to-stop-malaria

Still in testing. I would buy one if not terribly pricey.
KidDoc
AG
After noshowing for 2 weeks in a row I finally had enough and cancelled the service. Going to try Nightingale next.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers

We these become available for use ( hopefully not much longer), We'll make sure Texags is the first to know

Tailgate88
AG
Look forward to hearing more about the above widget. We have good luck with Thermocells but the refills get expensive. I am going to try to refill them myself soon. There are videos on YouTube but apparently you need the right tip to make it work.

I also bought a Therapik which works really well to neutralize a bite after the fact, if you can stand a little heat for 20 sec. My kids say the temporary heat is worth the itch relief.
ksp
EvenPar
AG
We have a mosquito misting system installed by BioGuard Pest Control. It sprays our front porch, back patio, and some yard perimeter areas along our tree line. We have a large drum in the garage and have the timer set to twice a day at 15 seconds a spray. We have no issues with mosquitos anymore. The owner Keith is very thorough with installation to make sure you are satisfied with coverage. Highly recommend him if you are looking for a long-term permanent solution.
AggiePhil
AG
Misters don't work. You have to kill them with fire!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.