Bed bug eradication

4,135 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tonyamhughes
w8liftr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We brought back some unwanted souvenirs from a trip to Oklahoma and we want to get rid of them. Any recommendations?
BCStalk
Burning the house down is your easiest option. If that's not preferred I would recommend a pest control company that brings in those heaters. Good luck. They really are a hard thing to get rid of.
fcag
AG
Where in Oklahoma did you stay?
momlaw
AG
Other pest services in town refer these kinds of cases to Nightingale Pest Solutions. They prefer the spray and go. Jennifer is willing to do the hard work of resolving and preventing issues. She is my go to for all things pesty. Many others on this board seem to agree.
FlyRod
Producers has a LOT of bedbug eradication products. Good luck.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
+1 for nightingale pest control
Bed bugs are tough and using products brought from a store often make the issue much worse and much more costly to the homeowner. Strongly recommend to take care of it ASAP and not let it go a day longer then needed, as they can turn into a nightmare.
Tim Weaver
Ugh. My daughter brought some home from a school trip.

We pulled up our old carpet (needed to anyway) and went with polished concrete. We through away her mattress and wrapped the other mattresses in plastic. Then we put Cimexa everywhere.

Cimexa is a very effective bug killer (especially bedbugs) and lasts for years and years. It is food safe and non toxic to humans and pets. It works similar to diatomacious earth, but its also sticky so the bugs pick it up, it sticks to them and they carry it around while it dehydrates them. Bonus points because the bugs carry it back to their nest.

Bedbugs suck bad. But you can beat them and do it relatively cheaply. We made homemade traps too, but we never actually caught any in the traps. YMMV. The Cimexa was the big winner for us.
jasonw
I am with ABC Home and Commercial Services in College Station. As far as I know, we are the only company here that has the equipment to do heat treatments the right way. We use 2 large 500,000BTU heaters that use propane and duct heat into the home from the outside and distribute it to each room with flexible ducting.

With a million BTU's of heat, the temperature of the home will be increased to around 150 degrees and held for several hours to eliminate all bedbugs and their eggs.

Chemical treatments are hit and miss and bedbugs are resistant to pesticides. You will have to deal with your bed frame, mattress, furniture, and flooring covered in pesticides.

Give us a call for a free evaluation
Jason
979-361-0500
w8liftr
Jennifer with Nightingale Pest Solutions spent a full day going through every nook & cranny in our house looking for and treating bed bugs. She even disassembled our beds to get to bed bug hiding places. On our end, the prep work she required was a pain but I can see the necessity, especially since she guarantees her work. She has come back out once for a scheduled follow-up. So far, we have only seen dead bed bugs.

One thing I've discovered is that Nightingale is the only local pest control company that guarantees it's bed bed treatments.

I have been nothing short of impressed with Nightingale Pest Control. Jennifer is an exceptional exterminator.
Tonyamhughes
Jennifer with Nightingale did a fantastic thorough job! I am a huge convert! You do not see the kind of professionalism and care these days in very many companies but she does a fantastic job!

We went on vacation for a long weekend one mother's day to a hotel we found online. It was not the best nor the worst. It was right on by the water and we were happy to have a great deal! Well it turned out to NOT be a great deal at all! Our son started having spots that looked like hives as if he was allergic to food or something. We wasted some time trying to do an elimination diet. We wasted weeks!! one day it it hit us that maybe it was something in his bed.

We called Jennifer with Nightingale. She came as soon as she could to confirm the issue. She told us what we needed to do to prepare the treatment and set up an appointment. She did a great job!

I highly recommend Nightingale and specifically Jennifer! If it were not for her we probably would have burnt the place down and just started all over!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.