KBTX morning news

11,284 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Frio Cielo
nashvilleaggie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So if Sumlin gets arrested for something, you don't want to know/they shouldn't report it? OK....
FlyRod
False equivalence methinks.
tb9665
Let us just watch Bob French and call it quits.
Stupe
S
Look Out Below said:

Quote:

Reporting the two A&M faculty getting arrested for PI is another example of how bush league they are. People get arrested for that every weekend but since they work at A&M, let's plaster their names all over the news.
They are in leadership positions at A&M and beyond old enough to know better. There was reportedly also destruction of property involved. This wasn't a simple PI. Perhaps I'm cruel but I also thought the man's mugshot was somewhat comical. They'd be stupid NOT to run that story. The profs are lucky that didn't go viral.
Stupid not to?

I'm not being sarcastic, but do you really think that there would have been negative repercussions had they not run that story? That people would have been in their offices saying "I just can't believe that KBTX didn't report that? What are they thinking? I'm never watching them again!!!"

Stupe
S
As FlyRod said, that is a false equivalence. A nationally famous football coach for a huge state university vs two people that aren't really known outside of their college in that university is not comparable.

That's is such perfect example of that fallacy that it could be a question on a logic exam.
Look Out Below
AG
Stupid from a standpoint that, like it or not, KBTX's job is to get viewers and clicks as well as provide news. A story like this gets them -- on Facebook alone there were 845 reactions, 415 shares and 210 comments. I'd imagine that would rank this story quite high as far as stories for the entire year go.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I just came by here to say that Kathleen Witte is a beautiful young woman and would give Orlando Ayala's Carla Castillo a run for her money any day, every day and twice on the weekend of his choosing.

oklaunion
Plus, she can read without stumbling over the words and looks damn good doing it.
tb9665
Travis Herzog where is he? I wish it was like 13 out of Houston.
originaltexan
After the Applause and during the funny cute animal story, please

ONLY ONE PERSON TALK. Three people talking..I can't follow, and I can't ask them to repeat
cadetjay02
AG
KBTX was useful once. In December of 2001 I was at my girlfriend's apartment and saw a story on stolen Christmas decorations. When I got back to the quad about 5am and found the hall beautifully decorated with lawn art and lights and I then knew where they came from. Thanks KBTX- The Corps PR team appreciates you
montegobay
Steve Fullhart, the 6 and 10 co-anchor, tweeted earlier today that he has resigned to pursue opportunities outside of TV. I think he does a terrific job and will be missed.
Goose83
AG
montegobay said:

Steve Fullhart, the 6 and 10 co-anchor, tweeted earlier today that he has resigned to pursue opportunities outside of TV. I think he does a terrific job and will be missed.

It appears that Kristen Guilfoos, who anchored the weekend news broadcast (as well as BVTM at one time), has left the station as well.
Sleepnumber
AG
montegobay said:

Frio Cielo
I think that Steve did a very good job and made it an effort to be the consummate professional. He will be successful in any endeavor he pursues. Steve, best wishes to you!

I suspect that KBTX does not pay enough to keep top broadcasters from being drawn away by stations in the big cities or by many business interests in our area.
Rapier108
JFS61 said:

montegobay said:

It appears that Kristen Guilfoos, who anchored the weekend news broadcast (as well as BVTM at one time), has left the station as well.
Ugh, that means it will likely by Whitney whats her name now on the weekends, probably the worst anchor they have.
4lilmonkeys
But, it looks like maybe Michael Oder has returned? He left for Alabama a year or two ago and has recently moved back to B/CS (per his Twitter acct).
Anonymous Source
S
oklaunion said:

My spouse brought that up recently. "Why does a TV station run ads about themselves 2-3 times during their own news broadcast"? I guess cause no one else is paying for ads.
It's first quarter and ad budgets are recovering from the holidays, which means a good amount of wide open inventory on TV and radio. You have to fill the space with something.
Gig 'Em
mtec
Not Steve Fullhart!? He was my favorite thing about KBTX. Great sense of humor. I have missed his live coverage trial blogs for awhile now. Such is life.
Rapier108
4lilmonkeys said:

But, it looks like maybe Michael Oder has returned? He left for Alabama a year or two ago and has recently moved back to B/CS (per his Twitter acct).
Oh great, the guy who writes article on the 5th grade level. His grammar is atrocious and often drew numerous comments pointing it out, much to the annoyance of KBTX.
Frio Cielo
Rapier108 said:

4lilmonkeys said:

Oh great, the guy who writes article on the 5th grade level. His grammar is atrocious and often drew numerous comments pointing it out, much to the annoyance of KBTX.

He would be an improvement to the morning news broadcast. At least he was developing as a professional and not as a group of college students giggling back and forth every 30 seconds or so. Yea, Cool!

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.