Bush's Chicken College Station

21,652 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had high hopes for this place since it's close to the house and is easy to grab something if needed. I do like the sweet tea, and 39 cents for a tea if you display a Bush's sticker is a great deal. It's easier for me to get a tea there than it is to make a pitcher at home.

The restaurant has posted hours of 10-10. I've been several times between 9:30-9:45, and open signs and exterior lights have been off. I have gotten a drink, but I've heard them turn away other people wanting food. I know a few people that have stopped at 7:30 or so, and were greeted with a list of things that were unavailable.

I've emailed and called, asking for return contact from a manager. That hasn't happened. I don't know if it's lack of concern filtering down from the top, or management not being on sight and aware of things. As a business owner myself, I find the customer service extremely unacceptable. Even worse is the failure of management to return an email or phone call.

Zaxby's opens tomorrow, and I'm betting that they put a giant dent in Bush's business....and if the service is better, it may be enough to kill off Bush's. I hope not, since that would hurt the employees and owner, but someone at Bush's needs to step up their game by a huge level.
malibu9in1
Maybe the cholesterol gods are trying to tell you something.
Rexter
I don't really eat fried food. It's mainly a drink stop for me.
Cancelled
AG
Sweet tea? Trust me, sugar in that crap will kill you faster than any amount of fried chicken will.
carpe vinum
AG
I tried them several months ago. Wasn't very good. Haven't been back. No particular feelings either way. The dude that came out to take my order was nice and helpful, but otherwise, meh.
Aggie
AG
Are all the new bush chicken franchised or corporate ?
I have not been to one but I like to support local mom/pop and or chains that are locally owned franchises .. Plus you tend to receive better service
95_Aggie
AG
For 61 cents more you can get a sweet tea just up the road at McD's..
Rexter
The local Bush's are franchises, and the franchisee also owns right to the greater Houston area.
ChampsAg
Local franchises are out of Waco. My coworker there sold the account and gets all the local ones under the master agreement
OneGood2011Ag
AG
Rexter said:

Just venting that about the piss-poor operations going on,
I don't know, if it was an extremely slow night I might want my employees shutting things down early to save on labor and food costs than to stay open and keep cooking chicken that gets thrown away or to have people complain about a ten minute wait for new chicken. So they lost two quarters on your sweet tea sale, but saved pounds of chicken from the dumpster.
threecatcorner
It is entirely possible that management hasn't called you back becauss the employees haven't really given them your message. Try asking for the manger/owner's business card and contacting them yourself or go to their website and see if you can email them.
AggiePhil
AG
I've had numerous problems with that place too. Every time I swear I won't go back but it never fails, within a month or two I crater and return due to the convenience. I too am looking forward to Zaxby's and maybe someday a Chicken E.
Kendall Rogers
AG
GranMaq11 said:

Rexter said:

Just venting that about the piss-poor operations going on,
I don't know, if it was an extremely slow night I might want my employees shutting things down early to save on labor and food costs than to stay open and keep cooking chicken that gets thrown away or to have people complain about a ten minute wait for new chicken. So they lost two quarters on your sweet tea sale, but saved pounds of chicken from the dumpster.

If so, that would be a very poor business decision if done often.

Repeat customers is the lifeblood of a retail business. It's easy to get people in the first time....much more difficult to get them in the next 10 times.

ksp
I like them OK, but the service is so slow I finally gave up.
FlyRod
Quote:

Don't worry. Ain't no traffic situation gonna keep people from their chicken strips in this town.

Batter and grease trump meth as the drug of choice around here!
Brazosboyt
Let me first say thank you for taking the time to post this. So often, sub-standard service is never recognized and an opportunity to fix a poor customer experience is lost for good. My name is Todd Scott and my wife Karen and I are the owners of the three stores in College Station. As class of 97 and 98, we realize you have a lot of options on who you choose to support in town.

We are fully aware of the operational issues that have been going especially at the Towerpoint location. We recognized these problems several months ago and have been diligently working to build and train a new management team. We are proud to say that we will be rolling out our new team with the opening of the new store on Highway 21 in Bryan. Soon thereafter, the new team will be taking over the Towerpoint and Texas ave stores. We are 110% confident that you will see the excellent customer service delivered the Bush's way that has made Bush's a part of central Texas for the last 20 years.

Be watching for upcoming events at your local Bush's chicken that will be showcasing the
"Bush's Way".

Please feel free to PM me with any comments, complaints, or concerns and I will personally address each one.

I look for to personally meeting some of you at our upcoming re-Grand openings and community events.

If any of you have any school fundraisers, charity events, local sporting events, band events, or church functions that Bush's could support with food donations; please let me know.

Gig em.
Class of '97
Todd Scott
Brazosboyt
Rexter,

Ive tried to find a way to send a PM through the forum but Im not having any luck.

Could you please send me your contact through this link.

www.bushschicken.com/comment/

The Anchor
AG
You can't send PMs since you are not a paying user.
ksp
Thx for posting, I will try you guys again real soon.
BCS AG 2012
AG
I sent you a comment on your website.
Rexter
I will send you my info
BrazosBull
AG
Todd, with all respect , by your own admission you recognized these service problems " several months ago" and you are still training a new management team to fix them ? And you are waiting to open a new store before you fix the problems in the established stores ? I seriously doubt with that kind of commitment that these problems will be fixed at all.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

We are fully aware of the operational issues that have been going especially at the Towerpoint location. We recognized these problems several months ago and have been diligently working to build and train a new management team. We are proud to say that we will be rolling out our new team with the opening of the new store on Highway 21 in Bryan. Soon thereafter, the new team will be taking over the Towerpoint and Texas ave stores. We are 110% confident that you will see the excellent customer service delivered the Bush's way that has made Bush's a part of central Texas for the last 20 years.
so....either towerpoint is floating without a management team, or the current (outgoing) management team is about to get a rude awakening.....
unmade bed
Thanks for posting. My family and I came by your TowerPoint location about a month or two ago. We vowed never to go back, but sounds like maybe we should give you guys another try in a few months. Good luck to you.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Agree with this. The "drive through" requires someone to come out to the car. It confused my wife and she drove away. The next time it was me, my wife and son. Probably had 8 people working but they were all focused on the drive through. We stood at the counter for >15 minutes with no acknowledgment that we were there. I normally would have left but I was curious how long they would go. Eventually a line of a dozen people were behind us and they began addressing the line in the store. Customers were losing their patience and leaving.

The girl that eventually helped us was nice and she gave me 20% off the order because she felt bad, even though I didn't complain. Food is good, but with CFA, Laynes and Zaxbys just around the corner, you've got to be on point.

And, BTW, we stopped at the Groesbeck location over the summer and the service was top notch. Really great group of folks in that location if you want to pass along the praise.
malibu9in1
Hang out with Craig hall. He's a chick fil a owner. Copy what he does. Then try it at yr chicken place. Profit.
Brazosboyt
Thank you to those that are willing to give us another opportunity to earn your business back. If you will please go to the link above, we will get you guys taken care of in the very near future.

You will see service like the groesbeck store in all of the BCS area stores.

justalocal
I get sides there. We don't eat much fried foods, so I'll do the entree at home. Went there tonight, 3 cars in the drive-thru besides me and I was waited on immediately and my sides were out to my car in about 4 minutes. I haven't had an issue yet.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
It takes courage to be a business owner and face your critics in online message boards.

That said my experiences at Bushs TP have been good.

I do find their drive in process dumb though.
claydeezy
AG
Sat in the drive thru at Tower Point the other day for 5 minutes before someone realized I was there. They gave me 20% off and were very apologetic FWIW.
AG @ HEART
Some people take the customer is always right as a license to treat people like crap becuase they act like their opinion is the only one and the business will die with out their particular transaction.
Gigemaggies123
i haven't had a problem with service aside from the small complaint below and we go almost every week. My only complaint is they never get the sauce right and/or they're out of something

jalapeno ranch
secret sauce
ghost sauce

thats all i ask for

*edited
TexasAggie_02
AG
Gigemaggies123 said:

i haven't had a problem with service and we go almost every week. My only complaint is they never get the sauce right and/or they're out of something
ro828
The first time I ate at the Bush's at Tower Point the chicken had so much breading on it, it looked like turkey legs. This was when they had first opened. I've been there twice again and to the one in Bryan once, and all was well.
ChampsAg
New owner takes over today in B/CS
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.